3 IN A ROW

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

3 IN A ROW

Post by Caledonia Fan »

The story here is not how many 20 year old's a team has. Or how many 20 year old's from the OHL a team has. Or how much money ownership has. Or about developing players. That's all BULLSHIT.
The story here is since 1934, back to back Sutherland Cup championships has only happen 8 times.Caledonia is one of those teams.Caledonia has a chance this year to make Sutherland Cup history. By winning 3 in a row. Bully , Rizz and staff have worked thousands of hours to put this team together.This year Caledonia had 16 spots or more to fill their roster.So this year they built a team to compete against all comers from scratch.They have a chance to make history and their going for it. It's time to give credit too those that have earned it.
Of course Caledonia has not won anything yet.There's still a long way to go. Some real good teams to play and beat. You never know want can happen in the playoffs. A hot goaltender, injuries, special teams, penalties and suspensions to name a few.
You have to like a team like London. They're the only team to come out and say "someone has to try to knock them off" (Caledonia)
London figures there up for the job.
Port hockey1

Re: 3 IN A ROW

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:The story here is not how many 20 year old's a team has. Or how many 20 year old's from the OHL a team has. Or how much money ownership has. Or about developing players. That's all BULLSHIT.
The story here is since 1934, back to back Sutherland Cup championships has only happen 8 times.Caledonia is one of those teams.Caledonia has a chance this year to make Sutherland Cup history. By winning 3 in a row. Bully , Rizz and staff have worked thousands of hours to put this team together.This year Caledonia had 16 spots or more to fill their roster.So this year they built a team to compete against all comers from scratch.They have a chance to make history and their going for it. It's time to give credit too those that have earned it.
Of course Caledonia has not won anything yet.There's still a long way to go. Some real good teams to play and beat. You never know want can happen in the playoffs. A hot goaltender, injuries, special teams, penalties and suspensions to name a few.
You have to like a team like London. They're the only team to come out and say "someone has to try to knock them off" (Caledonia)
London figures there up for the job.
Well said, I agree 100% All the whining is making the league look like a joke. Caledonia has put an incredible team together. Just like Niagara Falls, Thorold, etc. has done in the past.

People can be critical of whatever they wish. But to not give them the credit they deserve, it's school yard behavior.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
StCathFalcons

Re: 3 IN A ROW

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:Well said, I agree 100% All the whining is making the league look like a joke. Caledonia has put an incredible team together. Just like Niagara Falls, Thorold, etc. has done in the past.

People can be critical of whatever they wish. But to not give them the credit they deserve, it's school yard behavior.
Well, I think there is more than one argument going on. The post prior to yours PH1 essentially admittedly said Caledonia doesn't develop. Lost 16 players, and went out and got (bought) them. It defeats the 'development' argument of the past. (And I know they have of course developed some players who have moved on to great things. I'm just saying they're not a development program. No offence intended)

But, you're exactly right. What Caledonia is doing, is what ownership is able to do. Masterson's used to do the exact same thing. I don't think they spent as much, but it's all relative. They didn't have the money Caledonia ownership has. But the Canucks beat up on teams for decades, paying for the best around.

End of day, everyone is envious of Caledonia because they're so good. Truly, the best compliment. Not London, not Kitchener, no one will touch them. Unless all three goalies in the system go down.

They're gifted, and ridiculously nice to watch.