Long suspension for Fort Erie player

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Long suspension for Fort Erie player

Post by Port hockey1 »

During the third period of Welland's 3-1 win in Fort Erie tonight, Fort Erie import T.Henley was assessed a match penalty for physical Abuse of a official.

I'm thinking there will be a long suspension over this incident, or he could be banned?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Re: Long suspension for Fort Erie player

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

He went to swing at a player from Welland and instead hit the linesman. He will get 7 minimum for that plus he has to go to a hearing. He will also get 1 more for the extra game misconduct. I think hes lucky because with the tantrem he threw going off the ice he could of been given travesty of the game to. 8 games total if this is his first suspension.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

He got a minimum of 9
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Ended up getting 12
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

The length of the suspensions to both the Fort Erie and St.Catharines players is ridiculous. Yes they deserved some kind of discipline but come on a quarter of the season for their offences is way overboard. In my mind, 4-6 games would have been appropriate.

Are the Ontario Liberals now running the OHA Office ?? :smt097
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Physical abuse on an official you think only deserves 4-6 games? Its 7 minimum. Same with discrim slur. I dont know what Vuic said so I wont disagree or agree.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:The length of the suspensions to both the Fort Erie and St.Catharines players is ridiculous. Yes they deserved some kind of discipline but come on a quarter of the season for their offences is way overboard. In my mind, 4-6 games would have been appropriate.

Are the Ontario Liberals now running the OHA Office ?? :smt097
And those opinions are exactly why the oha has a hard time keeping refs. Both are lucky to have gotten what they did.

I guess discriminatory slurs and contact with officials isn't anything serious to you.

What do the Liberals have to do with this topic? At least they weren't in contempt! :P
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
jax

Post by jax »

I was at the game, and witnessed what happened in Fort Erie. As soon as I saw what happened I knew he was in for a long suspension! In my opinion he is lucky for the length of suspension he received.
Sunnydays

Post by Sunnydays »

Suspended 12 games but he was in the line up tonight? Any idea what's going on here??
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Sunnydays wrote:Suspended 12 games but he was in the line up tonight? Any idea what's going on here??
Fort Erie appealed and won. Suspension dropped to 2 games which made him eligible to return last night.
Last edited by GOJHLfan1 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I have never seen that before. If a player is suspended, they're not usually listed on the game sheet at all. Example, Gus Ford, Dede Cato and Brendan Johnston from Chatham were all suspended for last night's game in Leamington and they're not listed at all.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

Fort Erie 01/17/16 DEL Henley, Troy (D) placed on league suspension for 2 games

Physical abuse? No problem at all.

Verbal abuse? 11 games upheld for Vuic.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:He went to swing at a player from Welland and instead hit the linesman.
The intent to injure the lineman wasn't there, maybe that's why it's a short suspension.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I have never seen that before. If a player is suspended, they're not usually listed on the game sheet at all. Example, Gus Ford, Dede Cato and Brendan Johnston from Chatham were all suspended for last night's game in Leamington and they're not listed at all.
Thats weird? Always been like that in GHC for sure. Are there suspensions listed in transactions?
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

jfvoll wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:He went to swing at a player from Welland and instead hit the linesman.
The intent to injure the lineman wasn't there, maybe that's why it's a short suspension.
Fort Erie must have appealed this and won because originally he got 9 games then it went up to 12 and now it says 2? He served the 2 so he was eligible to return last night.
Last edited by GOJHLfan1 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:Fort Erie 01/17/16 DEL Henley, Troy (D) placed on league suspension for 2 games

Physical abuse? No problem at all.

Verbal abuse? 11 games upheld for Vuic.
This was for saying something he shouldn't have to another player/official (Discrim slur not Verbal abuse). 2 completely different things. Auto 7 games for discrim slur and because hes a repeat offender he gets extra
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:I have never seen that before. If a player is suspended, they're not usually listed on the game sheet at all. Example, Gus Ford, Dede Cato and Brendan Johnston from Chatham were all suspended for last night's game in Leamington and they're not listed at all.
Thats weird? Always been like that in GHC for sure. Are there suspensions listed in transactions?
Found it! I never look at the game sheet, I always look at the box score, it's easier to read, that's why I've never seen it listed that way.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

I do know that in PS you cannot select someone who is suspended so thinking that is why they don't show up on the roster in the box score at all. Not sure why one type of output just plain doesn't list who is suspended while another does.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic