Caledonia continues to dominate GOJHL

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Caledonia continues to dominate GOJHL

Post by Port hockey1 »

They beat Ancaster 5-1 and out shot them badly. I don't think they will be stopped by anyone in the playoffs. They lead the GOJHL with 205 goals in 35 games. Kitchener is second with 175 in the same number of games.

They've also only surrendered 65 goals, second only to Leamington's 60. But Leamington has played four games fewer than Caledonia.

Caledonia also leads the GOJHL in pim's with a whopping 1317. Cambridge is second with 954, quite the difference.

But I've noticed the three division leaders all get called for a lot of penalties. It looks like the league has more calls made against those three teams in an attempt to create parity in the league. If that's the case, it's a bushleague thing to do.

A lot of people think at this point Kitchener is the only team with a legit shot at winning a best of seven series against Caledonia. I personally think Caledonia will beat them in 4 or 5 games if they meet in the finals. They are that good.

Probably the best team the league has seen this decade. They are absolutely loaded.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Re: Caledonia continues to dominate GOJHL

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:They beat Ancaster 5-1 and out shot them badly. I don't think they will be stopped by anyone in the playoffs. They lead the GOJHL with 205 goals in 35 games. Kitchener is second with 175 in the same number of games.

They've also only surrendered 65 goals, second only to Leamington's 60. But Leamington has played four games fewer than Caledonia.

Caledonia also leads the GOJHL in pim's with a whopping 1317. Cambridge is second with 954, quite the difference.

But I've noticed the three division leaders all get called for a lot of penalties. It looks like the league has more calls made against those three teams in an attempt to create parity in the league. If that's the case, it's a bushleague thing to do.

A lot of people think at this point Kitchener is the only team with a legit shot at winning a best of seven series against Caledonia. I personally think Caledonia will beat them in 4 or 5 games if they meet in the finals. They are that good.

Probably the best team the league has seen this decade. They are absolutely loaded.
Right on Port. I thought Caledonia had a good team before. But when I saw Luscombe and Punkari back, with the addition of Hill.Tyler Hill is better than I thought he would me. He's big, good skater and has good hands around the net. Plays PP and PK. He's got to be the best pick up before trade deadline.
Caledonia already has the best PP and PK it's only going to get better with these guys in the line up. Caledonia has 4 good lines that they throw at you all game long. Anyone of their lines would be number one, on some teams. Plus in my books they have the number one goalie in the GOJHL .

I agree about the penalties on the division leaders, something stinks there. I don't know why so much talk about Kitchener. They have to get pass Stratford and Guelph first.The last few years, history has not been good to Kitchener, the big choke.
I think Leamington is the second best team in the league, not Kitchener. I'd like to see Leamington and Caledonia in the Sutherland Cup final.
Last edited by Caledonia Fan on Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunnydays

Post by Sunnydays »

Liam Conway to Caledonia as I've just seen on Twitter.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Sunnydays wrote:Liam Conway to Caledonia as I've just seen on Twitter.
I'm surprise by this move. They where all pump up about Foster maybe concussion systems returned.
I know they were shopping Moore.Also Twitter talks of Sarnia Sting's Davis Brown and Flint Firebirds Connor Sills going to Caledonia.
Don't know how they could do this, guys would have to go. And I don't know why. But imagine Davis Brown in that line up.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:They beat Ancaster 5-1 and out shot them badly. I don't think they will be stopped by anyone in the playoffs. They lead the GOJHL with 205 goals in 35 games. Kitchener is second with 175 in the same number of games.

Right on Port. I thought Caledonia had a good team before. But when I saw Luscombe and Punkari back, with the addition of Hill.Tyler Hill is better than I thought he would me. He's big, good skater and has good hands around the net. Plays PP and PK. He's got to be the best pick up before trade deadline.
Caledonia already has the best PP and PK it's only going to get better with these guys in the line up. Caledonia has 4 good lines that they throw at you all game long. Anyone of their lines would be number one, on some teams. Plus in my books they have the number one goalie in the GOJHL .

I agree about the penalties on the division leaders, something stinks there. I don't know why so much talk about Kitchener. They have to get pass Stratford and Guelph first.The last few years, history has not been good to Kitchener, the big choke.
I think Leamington is the second best team in the league, not Kitchener. I'd like to see Leamington and Caledonia in the Sutherland Cup final.
Leamington is a well coached/run organization. That would make for a great final. St.Catharines goalie is struggling his last 5 or 6 starts. I agree that Sinclair might be the best. But the rookie Wall in Leamington has been outstanding too. But he is a rookie, so you never know.

If anyone takes Kitchener out, it will probably be Stratford.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
Sunnydays wrote:Liam Conway to Caledonia as I've just seen on Twitter.
I'm surprise by this move. They where all pump up about Foster maybe concussion systems returned.
I know they were shopping Moore.Also Twitter talks of Sarnia Sting's Davis Brown and Flint Firebirds Connor Sills going to Caledonia.
Don't know how they could do this, guys would have to go. And I don't know why. But imagine Davis Brown in that line up.
They might plan on flipping him in another deal?
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

More moves in Caledonia. They sent Matt Rimac to Hagersville.
Zach Moore to Glanbrook.
Signed Davis Brown to Hagersvlille AKA Caledonia
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Nate Ferris from Welland to St Thomas done.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:More moves in Caledonia. They sent Matt Rimac to Hagersville.
Zach Moore to Glanbrook.
Smart move. Chatham did the same thing with Bowen before.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Caledonia Fan wrote:More moves in Caledonia. They sent Matt Rimac to Hagersville.
Zach Moore to Glanbrook.
Smart move. Chatham did the same thing with Bowen before.
Never knew they could do that thanks Port.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

In 2011 -2012 season Davis Brown had GP- 49 g-45 a-36 Pts -81 for the Strathroy Rockets.
And couple of good years with Sarnia Sting.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:In 2011 -2012 season Davis Brown had GP- 49 g-45 a-36 Pts -81 for the Strathroy Rockets.
And couple of good years with Sarnia Sting.
scored 20 last season in Sarnia. Will be a top player.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Davis can play 10 games for Caledonia as an affiliate and then when Hagersville is knocked out of the play-offs, he can play with them full-time.

But Davis is also considered an import player for the Corvairs, so they have to take that into account when he plays. They can only have 7 imports in the lineup, including goalies, per game.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

RocketGirl wrote:Davis can play 10 games for Caledonia as an affiliate and then when Hagersville is knocked out of the play-offs, he can play with them full-time.

But Davis is also considered an import player for the Corvairs, so they have to take that into account when he plays. They can only have 7 imports in the lineup, including goalies, per game.
I hope Hagersville goes far in the playoffs. I hope he plays some games with Hagersville. Hagersville has 8 games left,than the playoffs.
They all ready have a good team with Brown and Rimac they could win some playoff rounds.The Niagara District JR-C has been real competitive this year.

How can you tell who's a import player anymore wasn't there some rule changes on that. I can't keep up.