Pelham boils over

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Pelham boils over

Post by Port hockey1 »

Pelham boiled over after losing 4-2, despite leading 2-0 in the first period tonight vs Welland. It was bound to happen.

In the last minute of play Pelham took 3 fighting majors compared to two for Welland. The fights included a player who stands 6'6 for Pelham fighting a smaller kid from Welland.

I don't blame the kids, I blame the guy who set them up for failure, T. Toffolo.

He can't find talent because everyone know's he's ignorant & doesn't keep promises. He can't even get a core of kids to return for second seasons, something even the worst teams in the league manage to do.

The guy owning a team is a joke! He treats people like dirt & acts like a dictator. He's ruined hockey for countless teens and I'm getting sick of it! :smt013

When will the GOJHL step up to the plate and get rid of this cancer to the league?? Even if it means the team folds, at least the kids will be free from his controlling & manipulative ways.

The entire league knows about this guy, half the OHL teams know about him too.

Enough is enough, why don't we sell a team to Kim Jong Un while we're at it?! :smt065 :smt117
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Re: Pelham boils over

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Pointstreak says Spencer Cornelli got 13 games is this true. I can't see that being right.

We stopped going to Pelham games. If Pelham is in town we don't go. You want to support your team. But watching Pelham is to painful.
Feel sorry for Pelham players. Next time Pelham is in Caledonia, we'll go to Ancaster or a JR-C game.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Nope 13 is correct. From what I can tell, he received an instigator and aggressor in pre-season, so that's 2 occurrences. Now receives received them again, that's now 4. Those penalties are progressive, 1 game for the first occupancy, 2 for the 2nd, 4 for the 3rd and indefinite for the 4th. So since this is 3 & 4. Based on what I've seen in the past, he's got 4 for the 3rd time, 8 for the 4th, and an additional for him getting to this point.

And Port, I don't think it's fair that everything that happens in Pelham or with their players is being blamed on Toffolo. These kids are accountable for their actions.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:

And Port, I don't think it's fair that everything that happens in Pelham or with their players is being blamed on Toffolo. These kids are accountable for their actions.
Yes, the kids need to be held accountable for their actions. But how can they be when their teams owner gets a free pass?

Have you met or even ever talked to Toffolo? If he didn't spew b.s. at these kids and their parents, telling them he's rebuilding, these tensions wouldn't exist with the players. Now he claims he's all about player development. :lol:

He should not be allowed to ruin hockey for teens like this. It's not like he's even trying to ice a competitive team. He gives everyone orders then pouts when the kids & volunteers quit on him.

He's a narcissist and should've been ousted from this league long ago. If my kid was promised a bright future and told not to listen to what people are saying about that team... Then had to deal with the circus that he calls a team, I wouldn't blame him for losing it in a game halfway through a season.

There's no shortage of former players, parents, fans, & volunteers to back me up. Try finding a person who thinks he should still be allowed to operate that team.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102