Trades

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

RocketGirl

Trades

Post by RocketGirl »

The trade deadline is coming up, it's on Sunday. Will there be any trades in the Shoe? I haven't seen any to date, but anything can happen in the next week.

Someone emailed the below to me anonymously. I don't know their real name, just a nickname that they use online. This is what they've put together for the Golden Horseshoe of what each team needs, who they think is on the block, and who the buyers and sellers are.

Caledonia
What they need – Goalie and Forwards
On the block – Hard to say, but likely rookies (Jonathan Pace, Matt Rimac, Johnathon Schaefer) if any big additions obtained
Who would fit in – Josh Astornio (THO), Zac Coulter (ELM), Max Balinson (ANC), Anthony Postiglione (THO), Adam Petric (PEL), John Warren (LDN) or OHLers
Buyers – Need another goalie to solidify the tandem with Sinclair, Charlie Graham (Hamilton Bulldogs) likely to draw interest.
Selling – Pending additions from OHL to QMJHL

St.Catharines
What they need – Goalie and Forwards
On the block – Brett Brooker (D), Brady Lee (F), possibly Cam Gray (G)
Who would fit in – Ethan Sarfati (LSP), Zac Coulter (ELM), Adam Petric (PEL), Josh Astornio (THO), Dakota Miskolczi (FEM)
Buyers – Likely to add forwards for depth. Cam Lizzotte (Peteborough Petes) is unable to go to Caledonia due to import cards, but the Falcolns are likely to be interested in him. Might look to add another goaltender depending if Joel Horodziejczyk is hurt or not.
Selling – Brett Brooker and Brady Lee first to go up, depending on additions up front or on the back end.

Ancaster
What they need – Goalie, Forwards and Defence
On the block – Cole Brooks (Injured for Season), Noah Matteson, Dustin Burr
Who would fit in – Will Rawski (BFD), Stephen Harvey (PEL), Zach Moore (CAL), Greg Christmas (THO), Jake Lloyd (THO), Max Cipriano (WEL)
Buyers – Will probably add or trade for someone to play up front or on defence and possibly a goalie to replace Matt Calas while he’s injured to help through tough time.
Selling – If adding, expect Matteson or Burr to be a part of conversation in either trading or sending one or both to Jr.C.

Niagara Falls
What they need – With loss of Johnny Curran, going to look to fill that void and possibly back end.
On the block – Cesare Caldroni (F), Kevin Boyd (F), Tanner Allen (F)
Who would fit in – Brett Brooker (STC), Adam Petric (PEL), Anthony Postiglione (THO), Dustin Burr (ANC), Ethan Sarfati (LSP)
Buyers – They badly want and need a forward who can score and likely try to acquire one ASAP, either from within the league or NOJHL.
Selling – Cesare Caldroni likeliest of all options if forward is acquired. Maybe rights of Murdaca as well.

Fort Erie
What they need – Forwards and Defence
On the block – Mike Massotti (F), Tristan Dresher (F)
Who would fit in – Cesare Caldroni (NFC), Noah Matteson (ANC), Mitch Rossit (PEL), Brett Brooker (STC), Brady Lee (STC)
Buyers – With only 5 defencemen on the roster, looking to add at least 2 more on the backend.
Selling – Very unlikely to see anyone traded other than Massotti or Dresher. They could possibly be out right released.

Welland
What they need – Offence and Defence
On the block – Derrick Low (Injured?), Owen Peacock (Injured?), Dorian Maye (D), Max Cipriano (F), Caleb Ambrosio (F), Nick Boehemer (D)
Who would fit in – Brady Lee (STC), Tanner Allen (NIA), Kevin Boyd (NIA), Anthony Postiglione (THO), Adam Petric (PEL)
Buyers – Badly need some offence so likely to see a few moves upfront.
Selling – If they can add some forwards, likely Cipriano and Ambrosio. If they add some defence, Boehemer and Low.

Thorold
What they need – Defence and Offence
On the block – Alex Remedios (D), Fraser Kirk(G)
Who would fit in – Brady Lee (STC), Max Cipriano (WEL), Tristan Dresher (FTM), Dustin Burr (ANC), Mitch Rossit (PEL)
Buyers – Not likely to do much, but maybe add an FA signing.
Selling – Unlikely

Pelham
What they need – A new Owner/GM
On the block – Adam Petric (F), Stephen Harvey (G), Mitch Rossit (D)
Who would fit in – Mike Massotti (FTM), Noah Matteson (ANC), Max Cipriano (WEL), Caleb Ambrosio (WEL), Nicholas Boehmer (WEL)
Buyers – Doubt it. Toffolo needs to get up off his wallet.
Selling – Top players Petric and Harvey.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
OHAHockeyFan

Re: Trades

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

if fort erie adds just a bit they look pretty likely to upset to me!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

OHAHockeyFan wrote:if fort erie adds just a bit they look pretty likely to upset to me!
If they find a good goalie I like their chances.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Interesting take in the team by team breakdown. But half of it won't happen, as it can't/is highly unlikely. To be honest, whoever wrote it should've posted it themselves with their screen name.

Whoever wrote this doesn't wan't to be identified...Odd. I have a feeling about who may have written it. A regular on here, but it's just a hunch based on writing tendencies. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Guelph Storm overager Tyler Hill to join the junior B Caledonia Corvairs.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

The first trade

Pelham 01/06/16 DEL Foster, Corey (G) traded to Caledonia
Caledonia 01/06/16 ADD Foster, Corey (G) acquired in trade from Pelham
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Niagara Ice Dogs have traded the rights of Evan Krassey, 17 to the Hamilton Bulldogs of the OHL.

It looks like he won't be playing anymore games for Fort Erie this season.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

three dog night wrote:Guelph Storm overager Tyler Hill to join the junior B Caledonia Corvairs.
Tyler Hill skates with the Corvairs in the summer.A great pick up 6' 6" 235 lbs. lw/rw

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/622 ... yler-hill/

No surprise about picking up another goalie (Corey Foster)
Corvairs have sent Jonathan Pace (D) a 1998 to Brantford 99ers
Rumour on OHL insiders says Knights Jack Hidi could join the Corvairs as well he is not an import player. They've had interest.
Sting Davis Brown reportedly going on waivers. Not eligible to join the Corvairs which seems to be the blazed path.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
three dog night wrote:Guelph Storm overager Tyler Hill to join the junior B Caledonia Corvairs.
Tyler Hill skates with the Corvairs in the summer.A great pick up 6' 6" 235 lbs. lw/rw

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/622 ... ill/Rumour on OHL insiders says Knights Jack Hidi could join the Corvairs as well he is not an import player. They've had interest.
Sting Davis Brown reportedly going on waivers. Not eligible to join the Corvairs which seems to be the blazed path.
The scary get scarier!! No one will touch the Corvairs. Massive non-import pickups! Wondering if Kitchener will make any moves. I think they're the only team that might give Caledonia a run for the Suthy.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Just because somebody asked, I was just going through Caledonia's roster and on PS they have 26, including Pace which hasn't been made PS official yet. So who are the other 2 to go?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

If Caledonia picks up any more former OHL players they probably could challenge for the Memorial Cup.(LOL) They are right now probably better than the two and maybe 3 OHL teams in their local area. They are certainly better than any team in OJHL Tier2,Jr A :smt045
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

RocketGirl wrote:Just because somebody asked, I was just going through Caledonia's roster and on PS they have 26, including Pace which hasn't been made PS official yet. So who are the other 2 to go?
Pace is gone. They have Brad Johnson on there PS but he's in Port Dover of the NDJCHL.
I would think they will move Moore.
This is just rink talk but Caledonia is waiting on the Greyhounds on Tyler Hore to play with his brother.This is just a rumour.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Rumor was Pace was possibly going to Welland but Welland wanted a forward in the deal as well obviously nothing happened with it.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Tyler Sehovic Thorold (95) to London
A great pick up for the playoffs for London.
St Catharines Phillp Chadder (1996)to Niagara Falls
A good pick up for NF. A great skater plays with a little bite to his game.
BUT this kid will not pass the puck. I'm not kidding this kid will not pass the puck.
Maybe NF coaching staff can change this.
St Catharines Griffin Roubos (1998) to Thorold.
A good pick up for Thorold he's young good future move.
Can't believe St Catharines let him go.
Niagara Falls Tanner Allen (95)to St Catharines
Depth move for St Kitts
Thorold Anthony Postiglione (95) to St Catharines
Depth move for more scoring. I hope he stays healthy
St Catharines signs D man Aaron St Pierre from Ancaster
Depth defenceman
Welland Nate Ferris to St Thomas
Good move for St Thomas depth and maybe more offence than you think.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Erie Otter Frank Pucci traded to Greyhounds. Don't know how that affects N.F.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

This is my breakdown of the GOJHL Trade Season.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/gojhl-trade-season/
Queen of the GOJHL