St. Catherine's

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Vairs61

St. Catherine's

Post by Vairs61 »

Did they know they had a game tonight? Goalie having a rough night.
GOJHLfan1

Re: St. Catherine's

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

"Good ol' fashion whoop ass.."
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Corvairs embarrassed them tonight(9-2). They also found out the Falcon goalie is human after all. 30 shots & 6 goals in the 2nd period for Caledonia. :shock:

I know the Falcons were missing some regulars, but so were the Corvairs when these two teams met several weeks ago.

Missing guys can only account for so much... This went far beyond that tonight. With a healthy lineup, the Corvairs look like they won't have any trouble throughout the first 3 rounds of the playoffs.

As for that comment about the goalie being Caledonia's biggest issue... I think he's earned the respect of the GHL after this weekend. Well done Mark, well done. :D :smt004
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Short players or not, you still have to show up. Corvairs did when they were shorthanded. St.Catharines goalies were left on their own. :smt117
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Agreed to all of the above.

I'm too lazy to go find my old post...but, I stick to the basis of it.

No one will beat Caledonia in a seven game series.

I still say Falcon's goalie is best in the league. If you put him on Caledonia, his numbers would be even more staggering. Not taking anything away from Sinclair. He does as good as job as needed in front of his squad. Bottom line, Falcons goalie does NOT have a remotely close team in front of him.

Corvairs depth is deadly. Couple injuries/suspension means nothing when they have so much talent.

A night or two off between playoff games will never be enough for the Falcons, or any team, to recover. Second night, Caledonia comes back with 60+ shots against. Falcons average about 25/30 against per game. They could never sustain that.

Threepeat on it's way for Caledonia.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

I agree with you Joel is best in the league. Everybody has bad games and he can only do so much when his teammates dont show up.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

StCathFalcons wrote:Agreed to all of the above.

I'm too lazy to go find my old post...but, I stick to the basis of it.

No one will beat Caledonia in a seven game series.

I still say Falcon's goalie is best in the league. If you put him on Caledonia, his numbers would be even more staggering. Not taking anything away from Sinclair. He does as good as job as needed in front of his squad. Bottom line, Falcons goalie does NOT have a remotely close team in front of him.

Corvairs depth is deadly. Couple injuries/suspension means nothing when they have so much talent.

A night or two off between playoff games will never be enough for the Falcons, or any team, to recover. Second night, Caledonia comes back with 60+ shots against. Falcons average about 25/30 against per game. They could never sustain that.

Threepeat on it's way for Caledonia.
Oh I agree with you 100% about the Falcons goalie. He's a spade, that's for sure.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

It was a good game Friday night see what can happen in twenty four hours . I am sure it will be a better Falcon team next Saturday in Caledonia.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

three dog night wrote:It was a good game Friday night see what can happen in twenty four hours . I am sure it will be a better Falcon team next Saturday in Caledonia.
No doubt. I would suspect it should be a very close game again. Once a week, with a weeks break in between. I think the Falcons could keep every game close. Too bad playoffs weren't one game a week. :mrgreen:
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

That would be good for most teams haha
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Big weekend for the Falcons. Three games this weekend and a big match with Caledonia again this Sat.
Caledonia and St Catharines so far this year are.
Wins 1 each
Losses 1 each
won in O/T Caledonia
4 to 3 in PTS.

Luscombe should be back.Don't know about Punkari and Moran.
Rimac and Volpe are out suspensions.
For St Catharines Hildebrandt will be back.Don't know about anyone else.
Mitchell Webb is he with the Erie Otters now?

With a big game Sat . night in Caledonia and a 2:30 start in NF Sunday wow!

https://tworowtimes.com/sports/18407/
Last edited by Caledonia Fan on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Welland needs to find away to score some goals and points this weekend starting tonight in St Catharines then in Ancaster tomorrow night and at home Sunday vs Ancaster
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015 ... ing-streak

St Catharines was short handed but so was Welland and Caledonia.I don't know were the 8 guy short comes from I count 5.
And that's counting M.Webb and he's with Erie Otters.
St Catharines pulled there goalie against N F. In Caledonia they didn't pull there goalie Gray was looking over and the coach waved him to stay in.
They even had a faceoff in Caledonia end and the goalie stayed in.The way Caledonia takes penalties you think they would of try it. Ancaster did it to us this year two in the last min to tie it up.
I take it that Horodziejczyk is hurt Gray played good but he's not as good as Horodziejcyk.
I can understand St Catharines was trying to get more offence going .But in Caledonia they had the Evans, Dozzi and Vuic line spit up.
I think St Catharines will be getting some players with more offence. The last two games St Catharines hard time on 5 on 5 with Caledonia.
Even the one nothing game two posts and a crossbar in the first period Horodziejcyk got the point for St Catharines.
Last year St Catharines was beat out in 5 games not 7. 2014 Sutherland Cup went 7 games.
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

Webb x 2
Hildebrandt
Kelly
Parker
D'Intino
Brooker

That's 7 @ least. Assuming #1 goalie must be hurt to not play any games over the weekend
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Sorry can't count. But even with Horodziejczyk that's still only seven. Only one Webb.
Don't the coach know Mitchell Webb is with the Erie Otters. He's played two games already.

http://www.ottershockey.com/article/ott ... b-for-pick
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Only one Webb.
Don't the coach know Mitchell Webb is with the Erie Otters. He's played two games already.

http://www.ottershockey.com/article/ott ... b-for-pick
I'm not sure if I'm missing your point...my bad. But Falcons are still missing Mitchell Webb, while he's on loan to Erie. He's apparently only there until World Juniors are done. Possibly.

I think Hiderbrand was back for Niagara game. But was out for Welland game.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

It says Saginaw traded Webb to Erie.Nothing about a loan He's a Erie Otter now.If Erie sends him back to St Catharines I don't know.
Maybe it's already set up.
I think Hildebrandt was suspended for Welland's game.I don't know for sure.
He played in Caledonia I was there,but not in NF.
This is from pointstreak so you never know.

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/gam ... id=2722001
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:The Corvairs embarrassed them tonight(9-2). They also found out the Falcon goalie is human after all. 30 shots & 6 goals in the 2nd period for Caledonia. :shock:

I know the Falcons were missing some regulars, but so were the Corvairs when these two teams met several weeks ago.

Missing guys can only account for so much... This went far beyond that tonight. With a healthy lineup, the Corvairs look like they won't have any trouble throughout the first 3 rounds of the playoffs.

As for that comment about the goalie being Caledonia's biggest issue... I think he's earned the respect of the GHL after this weekend. Well done Mark, well done. :D :smt004
Maybe some people have forgotten Mark Sinclair was in net for game 6 in LaSalle. Winning goalie in the Sutherland cup. Not many goalies can say that.
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

Hildebrant took a hit and left the game
Saturday. Came off and went down the tunnel. I also noticed st Kitts didn't pull there goalie against caledonia with a faceoff in caledonias end with 1:25ish on the clock down by 2?? Didn't make sense. Saw Bullard looking down and laughing at Wolfe!! It was quiet and you could hear him say "what are you protecting your lead?" Then the next day In NF he pulls him with like 4 minutes left... Makes no sense. wishing everyone on here a merry Christmas!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I never saw Hildebrant leave.It must of been late in the second or third.He had two assist.
I mention that in by post. About them not pulling there goalie.Your right about Bullard.
Gray was looking over too and the coach waved him to stay in. I agree it made know sense.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote:It says Saginaw traded Webb to Erie.Nothing about a loan He's a Erie Otter now.If Erie sends him back to St Catharines I don't know.
Maybe it's already set up.
Yes...maybe :wink: Relationship between Girhiny and Erie GM Brown is no secret. Timing of 'trade' worked very well for Erie, while losing many to world Jr's. I don't think the obvious needs to be in print. When those players come back, I would be surprised if he stays (surprised as in, it's not happening) there.

BUT, I've been wrong now and again.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.
Sunnydays

Post by Sunnydays »

GojhlFan74 wrote:Hildebrant took a hit and left the game
Saturday. Came off and went down the tunnel. I also noticed st Kitts didn't pull there goalie against caledonia with a faceoff in caledonias end with 1:25ish on the clock down by 2?? Didn't make sense. Saw Bullard looking down and laughing at Wolfe!! It was quiet and you could hear him say "what are you protecting your lead?" Then the next day In NF he pulls him with like 4 minutes left... Makes no sense. wishing everyone on here a merry Christmas!

wow you must have had some pretty good seats to hear/see all that go down!.... should be interesting to see how St.catharines responds after the break! should be a good couple of months down the stretch! Merry Christmas all
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

They don't have a good music guy, and Bullards voice carries over the music lol! So when it's quiet you can hear everything!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GojhlFan74 wrote:They don't have a good music guy, and Bullards voice carries over the music lol! So when it's quiet you can hear everything!
Used to be able to hear coach Hubbert screaming at the players during intermission from the dressing room in the old West Side Arena in Port Colborne.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... t-to-panic

It will be interesting to see who they get.They need a couple of snipers to improve there PP.
Caledonia takes a lot of penalties,but easier said than done.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote:http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... t-to-panic

It will be interesting to see who they get.They need a couple of snipers to improve there PP.
Caledonia takes a lot of penalties,but easier said than done.
Oh look...."The Falcons expect to get back Mitchell Webb from the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League as soon as players make their return from the world junior championships." :wink:

Unless Falcons get a true pure goal scorer...depth won't do anything to help the Falcons knock off Caledonia....and that's IF they can get to the finals. They are looking very average of late.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Falcons lose 4-3 in OT tonight in Thorold. Goalie still playing shaky by the looks of things.

This is the 2nd straight year they've had a mid-season slump. They're now 0-6-1 over their last 7 games. :shock: