Pelham

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

nfnucks99

Pelham

Post by nfnucks99 »

I haven't had the chance to see Pelham play this year, whats going on with them? They took a few teams to overtime including Caladonia but just can't seem to win?
jax

Re: Pelham

Post by jax »

Think port jockey may have a few words that may help you out? Lol
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

nfnucks99 wrote:I haven't had the chance to see Pelham play this year, whats going on with them? They took a few teams to overtime including Caladonia but just can't seem to win?
Ownership ruined that franchise when it was bought years ago in Port Colborne. This unnamed person thought he could dictate to his players, fans, & volunteers. He thought he was in control. He'd hang the fact that he owned kids Jr.B rights over their heads when they'd want out due to broken promises.

Volunteers of many years got fed up and left. That team never gets many players to return. The kid the Falcons picked up(Learn), quit hockey over continuing to play there. Many others have dropped down to Jr.C or simply quit.

This unnamed owner still hasn't figured it out though. He was singing the blues when his volunteers refused to be talked down to, like they were less than him. He's a control freak, exactly why the coaching keeps changing, exactly why the players keep leaving.

Ask yourself this- If you devoted 10-20 years, or even more time to an organization... Would it be easy to walk away? It would be like a Leafs fan suddenly becoming a Habs fan.

That's how bad things were/are.

The people of Port Colborne were thrilled to see this circus leave town. Feel bad for the people of Pelham though, and all the kids who didn't do their homework before signing there.

The guy bankrupted the 'Sailors' name in Port, that was unforgivable & the last straw for many supporters. We are more than happy to have the Niagara Whalers of the GMHL instead.

A lot of history was ruined by a single person, just unreal. But at least we have competitive hockey back, because what we had since the ownership change wasn't that... It was like having your team taken away from you.

This man has soured a lot of people over the last decade or so. Ruined a lot of kids passion for the game too. I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about, no need to mention any names, wouldn't want the guy to cry. :lol:

For anyone who doesn't know, re-search who bought, then bankrupted the former 'Port Colborne Sailors'.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
nfnucks99 wrote:I haven't had the chance to see Pelham play this year, whats going on with them? They took a few teams to overtime including Caladonia but just can't seem to win?
Ownership ruined that franchise when it was bought years ago in Port Colborne. This unnamed person thought he could dictate to his players, fans, & volunteers. He thought he was in control. He'd hang the fact that he owned kids Jr.B rights over their heads when they'd want out due to broken promises.

Volunteers of many years got fed up and left. That team never gets many players to return. The kid the Falcons picked up(Learn), quit hockey over continuing to play there. Many others have dropped down to Jr.C or simply quit.

This unnamed owner still hasn't figured it out though. He was singing the blues when his volunteers refused to be talked down to, like they were less than him. He's a control freak, exactly why the coaching keeps changing, exactly why the players keep leaving.

Ask yourself this- If you devoted 10-20 years, or even more time to an organization... Would it be easy to walk away? It would be like a Leafs fan suddenly becoming a Habs fan.

That's how bad things were/are.

The people of Port Colborne were thrilled to see this circus leave town. Feel bad for the people of Pelham though, and all the kids who didn't do their homework before signing there.

The guy bankrupted the 'Sailors' name in Port, that was unforgivable & the last straw for many supporters. We are more than happy to have the Niagara Whalers of the GMHL instead.

A lot of history was ruined by a single person, just unreal. But at least we have competitive hockey back, because what we had since the ownership change wasn't that... It was like having your team taken away from you.

This man has soured a lot of people over the last decade or so. Ruined a lot of kids passion for the game too. I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about, no need to mention any names, wouldn't want the guy to cry. :lol:

For anyone who doesn't know, re-search who bought, then bankrupted the former 'Port Colborne Sailors'.
That is not competitive hockey lol the GMHL is a joke. Theres games like 17-0, 10-0, 9-1 all the time. Its all europeans playing in it paying thousands of dollars and such to the exception of the Whalers really because they have got ex jr b players.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
That is not competitive hockey lol the GMHL is a joke. Theres games like 17-0, 10-0, 9-1 all the time. Its all europeans playing in it paying thousands of dollars and such to the exception of the Whalers really because they have got ex jr b players.
It's fun to watch, has a lot of skilled players, etc. It isn't a perfect league by any means, but it isn't awful hockey either.

It follows it's own rules so the oha try's to make them look bad.

It's a slower pace of hockey, just like the Senior A league, but not that slow. Have you been to a game? Don't knock it until you've seen it.

Btw: A lot more entertaining than Jr.C hockey. And a lot of the teams have ex Jr.B players.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
It's fun to watch, has a lot of skilled players, etc. It isn't a perfect league by any means, but it isn't awful hockey either.

It follows it's own rules so the oha try's to make them look bad.

It's a slower pace of hockey, just like the Senior A league, but not that slow. Have you been to a game? Don't knock it until you've seen it.

Btw: A lot more entertaining than Jr.C hockey. And a lot of the teams have ex Jr.B players.
I have been to a Whalers game actually lol
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You've never had a problem mentioning Tim's name before, in fact you just mentioned it in a post last week, why now all of a sudden do you not want to say it?
GOJHLfan1 wrote:That is not competitive hockey lol the GMHL is a joke.
I too have been to a GMHL game, in London, and it was absolutely terrible hockey. I hated it and will never go back.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:You've never had a problem mentioning Tim's name before, in fact you just mentioned it in a post last week, why now all of a sudden do you not want to say it?

He's cried about it in the past, so I thought I'd just leave it out of the post. If he still whines, too bad! :)
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

When Toffolo posts something he always signs his name to it. The only one thats been whining( for over 3 years ) is Port. I have not seen one post where Toffolo even acknowledges that Port is alive. I don't know either Port or Toffolo personally but I do know Port was relieved of his volunteer duties when Toffolo owned the Port Colborne franchise.

I am not taking sides, I'm just stating facts. :smt056
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:When Toffolo posts something he always signs his name to it. The only one thats been whining( for over 3 years ) is Port. I have not seen one post where Toffolo even acknowledges that Port is alive. I don't know either Port or Toffolo personally but I do know Port was relieved of his volunteer duties when Toffolo owned the Port Colborne franchise.

I am not taking sides, I'm just stating facts. :smt056
Nope, dead wrong. I left that organization, like everyone else did. He complained a few years ago on the old forum.(to me)

I challenge you to find a member of this league who respects the man in question.

As I stated already- How easy is it for all those 10-20 year volunteers to switch teams? How hard was it for fans in their 50's & 60's, who've attended games for decades to switch teams?

Like I said, it would be like a Leafs fan suddenly switching to the Habs.

The people of Port Colborne were robbed of their hockey team long before it left the city.

You are posting without having a clue, as you said... You know neither of us personally. Why don't you ask some longtime members of any team in the GHL what their honest, off the record opinion of the guy in question is.

Until then you're making assumptions while I am posting facts. :)
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I don't know Tim Toffolo. But someone at the Caledonia game told me he was behind the Pelham bench in the 17-1 game.
Well on holidays this summer we met some people from Port Colborne .We got in to talking about the old Port Colborne Sailors. They never had one good thing to say about Tim Toffolo. They were worst than Port hockey. Maybe that's why Brady Cranwell is playing jr c with Grimsby.
But still have to say I think Pelham is better than last year.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:I don't know Tim Toffolo. But someone at the Caledonia game told me he was behind the Pelham bench in the 17-1 game.
Well on holidays this summer we met some people from Port Colborne .We got in to talking about the old Port Colborne Sailors. They never had one good thing to say about Tim Toffolo. They were worst than Port hockey. Maybe that's why Brady Cranwell is playing jr c with Grimsby.
But still have to say I think Pelham is better than last year.
Yup, like I said, I doubt anyone has an ounce of respect for the guy.