Caledonia's fire power, yikes

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Caledonia's fire power, yikes

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia is so deep that their 10th forward has 32 points in 35 games. Plus they have two recent additions, wow.

Talk about having four lines of scoring. Two ex Jr.A starting goalies sharing the crease. Why even bother with the playoffs, just give them the cup. :smt023
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Re: Caledonia's fire power, yikes

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Welland continues its downward slide and if it continues we all know that their chances of doing anything in the play-offs are slim and now you are saying that Chatham should just mail it in too ? Didn't realize that good old fashion competition would scare you off so easy.

I am sure there are a few teams in each conference that are willing to give it the old collage try, rather than roll over and play dead as you suggest :smt014 .
LeafsFan1984

Post by LeafsFan1984 »

All forwards are able to contribute at any time on this team. They have four lines that just keep coming and it's unbelievable to watch them play. With two top Jr.A goalies I don't know how they will be stopped. They play great in all areas of the ice; 4 on 4, 5 on 5, powerplay, penalty kill. They are one of the strongest teams that I have ever seen play.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Welland continues its downward slide and if it continues we all know that their chances of doing anything in the play-offs are slim and now you are saying that Chatham should just mail it in too ? Didn't realize that good old fashion competition would scare you off so easy.

I am sure there are a few teams in each conference that are willing to give it the old collage try, rather than roll over and play dead as you suggest :smt014 .
I was making a point of how talented Caledonia is. Not even going to respond to your post, wow. :smt017
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

LeafsFan1984 wrote:All forwards are able to contribute at any time on this team. They have four lines that just keep coming and it's unbelievable to watch them play. With two top Jr.A goalies I don't know how they will be stopped. They play great in all areas of the ice; 4 on 4, 5 on 5, powerplay, penalty kill. They are one of the strongest teams that I have ever seen play.
Glad somebody got my point. :D
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

I don't really care, just curious.

How does Caledonia get away with all of the imports on their team? Looking at the roster in Pointstreak, over half of their players are from outside of their zone! (Caledonia = Haldimand, Hamilton-Wentworth, Norfolk, Six Nations Reserve).

http://gojhlcms.stats.pointstreak.com/t ... onid=13010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://oha.pointstreaksites.com/files/u ... ones_2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

I believe they can draw up to Toronto. Guys that have played here for several yrs are only an import once.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

M6 Teams may only register a total allotment of Imports under the following guidelines:
Junior “B” Seven (7) Imports
Junior “C” Four (4) Imports
Junior “D” Four (4) Imports
Senior “A” Seven (7) Imports
Senior “B” Four (4) Imports
(See also O-27 HC Import regulation)
M7 (a) Teams may register players who qualify as imports and who reside in a zone other than
the zone from where a team has established its “Home Base”.
(b) A player, who having been registered as an Import by a team in the previous season and is
part of the team’s active players’ roster at the conclusion of the season, upon registering with
that same team, or another team in that zone (or a team that registers local players from that
zone) in the next and succeeding seasons will be considered a non-import.
Calendonia area is Hamilton/Wentworth, Haldimand/Norfolk and the Six Nations
LeafsFan1984

Post by LeafsFan1984 »

GoWest wrote:I don't really care, just curious.

How does Caledonia get away with all of the imports on their team? Looking at the roster in Pointstreak, over half of their players are from outside of their zone! (Caledonia = Haldimand, Hamilton-Wentworth, Norfolk, Six Nations Reserve).

http://gojhlcms.stats.pointstreak.com/t ... onid=13010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://oha.pointstreaksites.com/files/u ... ones_2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Moran, Peacock, Abraham, Patton, Forslund, Blunt, Fontana, Brown, and Ratchford were all with the team last season making them non-imports regardless of where they are from.

Tanev, Delaurentis, Trublin are from GTA and are not considered imports for some reason under the OHA

Vanhorne, Gomes, Entmaa, Purdie, Lepore, and Hore seem to me to be the only imports. I may be wrong.
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

So much for hometown hockey.

Must be nice to be able to buy a championship.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GoWest wrote:So much for hometown hockey.

Must be nice to be able to buy a championship.
That line is getting very old. All three divisions have teams that try to buy championships. Caledonia just happens to be better at it.
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

It can't really get old if it's the truth, now can it?

Fact is when you look at the rosters of the other top teams around the league (yes, even Chatham), no one has anywhere near the number of imports that Caledonia does. And it doesn't really matter how you circumvent the rules to get them there, they aren't local.
LeafsFan1984

Post by LeafsFan1984 »

GoWest wrote:It can't really get old if it's the truth, now can it?

Fact is when you look at the rosters of the other top teams around the league (yes, even Chatham), no one has anywhere near the number of imports that Caledonia does. And it doesn't really matter how you circumvent the rules to get them there, they aren't local.
Leamington's Roster: http://gojhlcms.stats.pointstreak.com/t ... onid=13010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Elmira's Roster: http://gojhlcms.stats.pointstreak.com/t ... onid=13010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These two teams lead each of their respected conferences. Check the roster. Educate yourself.
Like Port said, all of the divisions have teams that try and buy championships, but Caledonia is just the best at it.
Looks like everyone just tries to find reasons to hate on Caledonia. Respect that they are a good team.

All of the players on Caledonia have been mediocre or decent players at higher levels. The team has come together to create their success this season. They don't have any Kyler Nixons or Connor Murphy's they are just a good hard working team that knows how to work together. Maybe come out and watch a game and then you'll have an appreciation.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

# PLAYER Pos. HEIGHT WEIGHT SHOOTS BIRTHDAY Hometown
2 Grineau, J.P. D 5-8 160 Mar 09, 1995 Leamington ON
3 Muzzin, Ryan D 6-0 160 Jun 13, 1994 LaSalle ON
4 Bechard, Blaine D 5-11 175 R Feb 24, 1995 Amherstburg ON
5 McGhee, Jacob D 5-11 180 Feb 14, 1995 South Woodslee ON
6 Duarte, Tyler F 5-7 185 Jan 12, 1994 West Lorne ON
8 Shipley, Ryan D 5-10 200 Mar 03, 1994 Ilderton ON

9 Allen, Cale F 5-11 175 Feb 22, 1996 Emeryville ON
10 Phibbs, Cale F 5-11 170 Apr 02, 1996 Leamington ON
11 Ogden, Joe F 5-11 165 Mar 22, 1996 Highland MI
12 Henderson, Eric F 6-1 170 Apr 23, 1998 Kingsville ON
13 Moore, Colin F 6-2 185 Aug 17, 1995 Tecumseh ON
14 Opblinger, Matthew F 5-10 165 Sep 16, 1995 Northwood OH
15 Guilbeault, Zack F 6-1 180 Mar 31, 1997 Tecumseh ON
16 Amante, Mitchell F 5-9 175 Jan 14, 1995 Windsor ON
17 Friesen, Alex F 5-9 165 Feb 14, 1997 Essex ON
18 Scott, Chris F 5-8 170 May 28, 1994 Windsor ON
19 Quick, Kyle F 6-1 180 Nov 30, 1994 Wheatley ON
20 Perkowski, Kyle F 5-11 175 Feb 20, 1996 Riverview MI
21 Virban, Thomas D 6-2 210 Mar 01, 1996 Windsor ON
27 Campbell, Travis F 6-2 205 Sep 02, 1997 Windsor ON
28 Parlette, Zak D 6-2 180 Jan 14, 1996 Amherstburg ON
29 Barrett, Michael G 6-1 215 Jul 08, 1995 Lambertville MI
38 Wheaton, Trevor G 5-11 180 Mar 08, 1995 Essex ON

Who needs to educate themselves? The ones that are bolded are NOT from Leamington's drawing area, which is all of Essex county and Chatham-Kent.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

lol, everyone brings in imports. If the teams that do, Leamington, Chatham ext, had a chance to do what Caledonia has done...They'd do it in a heart beat.

Leamington, Chatham, Elmira, Waterloo ext...They'll win at any cost.(that they can afford) Last season everyone was mad at Chatham. This season it's Caledonia...Everyone always finds reasons to hate the favorites.

Just how many hockey players are playing Jr.B hockey from the Caledonia area? How do you draw local talent with such a small area?
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

The Corvairs are a well run club, with a great coach and gm. They have made Caledonia a place that kids want to come and play and have success. They demand a lot from the players and are able to get the best out of them. It's great that many of the kids are living in town and loving it.

It is very hard to compare local drawing areas. You must also take into account how many OHA teams are drawing from the same areas. A kid from Caledonia has about 15 jr team options within a 40 drive.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

LeafsFan1984 wrote:They are one of the strongest teams that I have ever seen play.
While Caledonia may be the strongest team in Ontario this year, they wouldn't touch last year's Caledonia or St. Catharines teams. As for strongest Jr."B" teams ever, the 1993 Barrie Colts would win that hands down (went the regular season undefeated (47-0-1) and destroyed every team in the playoffs on the way to the Sutherland Cup. The 2007 Cambridge Winter Hawks were the best team in the last decade (just ask RocketGirl).
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Converting imports into locals by holding on to them explains how they can field a roster with so many not from their territory..... also explains the dismal attendance for such a good team.
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

Is Caledonia's attendance really that bad?
Population 10,000 avg game att. 219
St. Kitts 131,400. Avg 440
Niagara Falls 83,000 avg 708
Chatham 44,000 avg 774
Sarnia 72,336 avg 1258
Pelham 16,598. Avg 191

Interesting to see population and attendance numbers, not that it means much.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Converting imports into locals by holding on to them explains how they can field a roster with so many not from their territory..... also explains the dismal attendance for such a good team.
All the good teams use imports...So do the bottom feeders. Pelham's leading scorer is a '96 and imported. Fort Erie uses American imports all the time.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Thanks.......

http://image.cdn.ispot.tv/ad/7pGD/hotel ... arge-3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Thanks.......

http://image.cdn.ispot.tv/ad/7pGD/hotel ... arge-3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I love the way you act like a kid every time someone points out a flaw in your post. :smt025