Fort Erie Meteors

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Fort Erie Meteors

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Great weekend for the Fort Erie Meteors. They were defeated Saturday night 1-0 by league leading Caledonia.
Tonight they defeated the fast fading Welland Canadians 2-1. I wonder if Hunter Johnson can score goals. :smt005
Classy win Tony.
Port hockey1

Re: Fort Erie Meteors

Post by Port hockey1 »

You have to admire the Mets players. They hardly have any scoring and a no name defense. But they work hard. Hubbert wouldn't take anything less than 110%. Both goalies are solid and can take a game on their own from time to time.

But the thing is, they're still Fort Erie. When the playoffs start, everyone steps their game up. It's like seeing a completely different league effort wise. The Mets lack of scoring will haunt them in the playoffs. They wont get out of the first round.

Why the hate towards Welland? They lack scoring but have key veterans that will help them in close games in the playoffs. Janzen is the best goalie in the league, hands down. The Mets have been a pleasant surprise this season, but the top three teams are too strong and talented to lose a best of seven series to them.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goldenhorseshoefan

Post by goldenhorseshoefan »

Tip your cap to the mets, they played a well structured game against the WJC. Savard looked steady in and and Fort Erie was relentless. Those were two big points that WJC lost out on. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th even closer now
BeenThereDoneThat

Absolutely no hate towards Welland. Just stating the obvious. :?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

A frustrating season in Welland for sure.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

I see Fort Erie had another strong game last night. They were defeated by St.Catharines in a shoot out.
All of a sudden this team is able to compete with the strong teams in the Horseshoe Conference.
They could be a team that nobody wants to play in the first round of the play-offs. :smt117
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Strong game last night. Looking solid as of late.