January 10 Caledonia 3 stars.

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

goalie34

January 10 Caledonia 3 stars.

Post by goalie34 »

Apparently some saw the equipment manager as the 3rd star a bit of a joke.

I can tell you that the GHC Convenor didn't feel the same when he was told about it.

There is a reason if you go on pointstreak you will now see this in the box score.
Game Length: 1:57
Attendance: 267
Referee: Steve Stasiuk
Referee 2: Steve Black
Linesman 1: Trevor Atkinson
Linesman 2: Nick Minken
Scorekeeper: Default Scorekeeper
MVP: Entmaa, Kevin (CAL)
stay classy Caledonia, stay classy.
Port hockey1

Re: January 10 Caledonia 3 stars.

Post by Port hockey1 »

They don't care what other people think. As long as they win, and treat their players right they aren't losing any sleep.

It would be nice if they were more involved in the community, but it is what it is.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Apparently some saw the equipment manager as the 3rd star a bit of a joke.

I can tell you that the GHC Convenor didn't feel the same when he was told about it.

There is a reason if you go on pointstreak you will now see this in the box score.
Game Length: 1:57
Attendance: 267
Referee: Steve Stasiuk
Referee 2: Steve Black
Linesman 1: Trevor Atkinson
Linesman 2: Nick Minken
Scorekeeper: Default Scorekeeper
MVP: Entmaa, Kevin (CAL)
stay classy Caledonia, stay classy.
Are you just as outraged tonight? Caledonia beats Fort Erie 1-0, all 3 stars are Fort Erie players. How do you get shutout, then give all 3 stars to your team?

Stay classy Fort Erie, stay classy. :oops:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Point being, hardly anyone takes the 3 stars seriously. It's always biased, so what does it even matter?

To me, it looks like someone just doesn't like Caledonia so they look for things to get riled up about. :D
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Do you remember me posting this, "No I don't give a rats ass about the 3 stars, but it has to do with integrity."

Do you really think the league would get involved if statistically the best players were not part of the 3 stars?

Do you really not understand the difference in picking three players, guys on the roster, on the ice, with skaters on, that played in the game, compared to picking a guy who tapes sticks and sharpens skates?

If you don't think picking three players from the losing team is no different than picking the equipment manager, and I am not sure you actually do, than anything I say to try to explain it further is simply going to be a waste of bandwidth.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Do you remember me posting this, "No I don't give a rats ass about the 3 stars, but it has to do with integrity."

Do you really think the league would get involved if statistically the best players were not part of the 3 stars?

Do you really not understand the difference in picking three players, guys on the roster, on the ice, with skaters on, that played in the game, compared to picking a guy who tapes sticks and sharpens skates?

If you don't think picking three players from the losing team is no different than picking the equipment manager, and I am not sure you actually do, than anything I say to try to explain it further is simply going to be a waste of bandwidth.
Yep it would be a waste. Because one is no worse than the other. You said "integrity"....Then you say as long as players are picked it's all good.

Sorry, but Fort Erie made a mockery of the 3 stars as well. :)
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

https://i.imgur.com/I8CZKh.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Wow buddy, look up the meaning of the 3 stars. It's for the 3 best players in the game.

Fort Erie had some fun naming 3 Mets. Just like Caledonia has had some fun naming a non-player.

On one hand you talk about integrity of the game, but with the other hand you say you don't give a blank.

Looks like you cant make up your mind. I think the feeling is mutual here when it comes to your link. :roll:
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

You don't get it do you?

When you pick a non player you are mocking the game. Yes picking all players from the losing team is clearly not right, but not even close to the same level of stupidity, I'm really have trouble figuring out how you can't see that.

Like I said, next time you see Paul, let him know what Fort Erie did, bet they won't change the stat sheet like they did in Caledonia.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I see your point, but was just trying to get mine across as well. Clearly we've both gotten our points across.

When it comes to pointstreak, there's errors all the time. Sometimes you'll see some bizarre things when looking through game-sheets online.