St Catharines@Caledonia again

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

St Catharines@Caledonia again

Post by Caledonia Fan »

You have to love the back to back games Caledonia and St Catharines what a great rivalry. Caledonia signed a new player Erick Delaurentis he scored tonight. (Wellington Dukes,Hamilton Red Wings)
Devon Rymarchuk got hit in the first period and didn't return.
At the start of the warm up tonight the Caledonia team all stood in a line at center ice and watch St Kitts warm up. Its something i haven't seen before, this went on for 2 to 3 mins. Could this be something the league will look at. Any thoughts?
Port hockey1

Re: St Catharines@Caledonia again

Post by Port hockey1 »

Brilliant! Standing there staring did multiple things. It made the Falcons players think about it for starters. It's a lot easier to say "ignore it" and stay focused than it is to do so. So, they got in their heads a bit. They won't admit it, but they did.

Another thing is they were able to study them to an extent. Playoffs are coming and any knowledge helps. And the other thing this does is it helps their players come closer together, as a unit. They all saw things from a different perspective. Maybe they learned something. Maybe it was just purely for intimidation...You never know.

As for the league doing something, if nobody crossed the red line, the league can't do a thing. Caledonia's coach is a genius when it comes to coaching. His record speaks for itself.

Would love to see Caledonia & Welland meet in the finals. The leagues best coaches going head to head. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

Never seen that before, but it was a powerful statement!! A team united.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You guys actually think it was ok for them to stand just before the red line staring down the Falcons? That's a dick move in my book, but I guess we're reading from different novels.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

I was not at the game last night so I can't really comment on the game itself.

Port mentions that it would be nice to see the best two coaches go at it head to head. I would also like to see that but in my opinion the best two coaches are in Caledonia and St.Catharines. I base my opinion on consistency over the last 4 years. Both of these two teams (Caledonia and St.Catharines) are in the chase every year and both of these coaches have gone to the Sutherland Cup Finals and have both won and lost. Consistency is what winning is all about and they have proven over a period of time they have achieved this.

Don't know much about Welland's coach, no doubt that he is having a good year but when you look at what he has accomplished over the last 4 year , he comes up a way short of what Bullard and Girhiny have accomplished. :smt023
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Totally agree with RG, this was a classless move. But then again we in the Mid-West were accustomed to this type of behavior from this franchise when they played as the Golden Eagles in the Mid-West. :smt120
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:You guys actually think it was ok for them to stand just before the red line staring down the Falcons? That's a dick move in my book, but I guess we're reading from different novels.
Players from the Rockets have made a lot worse moves. My point is people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Nothing wrong with looking for an edge. Last time I checked, both teams are full of veterans, if it bothered them, they wont last very long in the playoffs. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Totally agree with RG, this was a classless move. But then again we in the Mid-West were accustomed to this type of behavior from this franchise when they played as the Golden Eagles in the Mid-West. :smt120
They've won the league how many times...Oops, I meant they've won all three leagues how many times?

They have a remarkable coach and a team that would make any hockey fan drool. They have this year after year.

Why get jealous? Sit back and enjoy some great hockey. Their home games are all on youtube, amazing talent there.
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

A dick move, classless? Come on.

As long as you don't cross the line, fire pucks across or stand there churping . You can use the warm up time however you want to.

A dick move is not is not allowing GHL to be involved in the allstar game.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Vairs61 wrote:A dick move, classless? Come on.

As long as you don't cross the line, fire pucks across or stand there churping . You can use the warm up time however you want to.

A dick move is not is not allowing GHL to be involved in the allstar game.
No, it's not. Why should a group of people/teams be involved in an an event which is being held by an organization of which they are not longer a part. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

What worse moves have you seen my boys pull Port?

I view what they did as disrespect for their opponents and I expect better of the 'best team in the province' and defending Sutherland Cup champions.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:What worse moves have you seen my boys pull Port?

I view what they did as disrespect for their opponents and I expect better of the 'best team in the province' and defending Sutherland Cup champions.
So standing there staring at them is disrespect...But laughing at a teenager after having his face caved in isn't :oops: Hypocritical much?

I know you have your opinion, but I feel the need to point out hypocritical behavior from time to time. It seems like you're always on me. I cant let it bother me though, when we post on a forum like this, we learn to expect people to be critical of some of the things we post. :)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

We're clearly not going to agree on this, which is fine, I'm just stating that I don't agree with what Caledonia did. I wouldn't agree with it if it was any of the 18 teams of the GOJHL, mine included, or any of the other 7 in the Shoe.

I get mind games, trying to psych out your opponents, which is what the Corvairs were doing, but I don't agree with what they did Sat. night. It's just my opinion, which according to some doesn't mean much.
Queen of the GOJHL

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Well RG, you bring a lot to these forums. A lot of hard work. Disagreeing is fine, still appreciate all the hard work. :)
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Totally agree with RG, this was a classless move. But then again we in the Mid-West were accustomed to this type of behavior from this franchise when they played as the Golden Eagles in the Mid-West. :smt120
Aaaahhh....someone else who gets it. The Bushleaguers are just that......bushleaguers!!! Yes, they are probably the best team in Ontario once again this year but their organization will always be known as a bunch of bushleaguers as they have proven in which ever town they have played in.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You know zan, I shared the photo I saw on Twitter of the stare down with my brother and his comment back to me was that it was a bush league move, and I thought of you because that's what you call them.
Queen of the GOJHL

zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

RocketGirl wrote:You know zan, I shared the photo I saw on Twitter of the stare down with my brother and his comment back to me was that it was a bush league move, and I thought of you because that's what you call them.
Geez, and here I thought you had all the brains in your family. :) Well, at least I know there are two of you who understand what went on.
hurricane73

Post by hurricane73 »

I was at the game last Saturday. The Falcons seemed quite amused by the `stand-in'. This wonderful move of solidarity by the Corvairs looked more bush league than anything else ..... but then again Coach Bullard is not very good at `head games' . He tries to pretend he is like Terry Masterton of the old Canuck teams. Unfortunately he does not have the smarts, nor ever will, to pull it off.
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

He is a very good coach and has the record to back it up. Not to mention a 50 goal scorer in NHL. He knows the game and that's all that really matters.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hurricane73 wrote:I was at the game last Saturday. The Falcons seemed quite amused by the `stand-in'. This wonderful move of solidarity by the Corvairs looked more bush league than anything else ..... but then again Coach Bullard is not very good at `head games' . He tries to pretend he is like Terry Masterton of the old Canuck teams. Unfortunately he does not have the smarts, nor ever will, to pull it off.
Sure buddy, for a coach that lacks smarts...He sure knows how to win the Suthie. 8)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:You have to love the back to back games Caledonia and St Catharines what a great rivalry. Caledonia signed a new player Erick Delaurentis he scored tonight. (Wellington Dukes,Hamilton Red Wings)
Devon Rymarchuk got hit in the first period and didn't return.
At the start of the warm up tonight the Caledonia team all stood in a line at center ice and watch St Kitts warm up. Its something i haven't seen before, this went on for 2 to 3 mins. Could this be something the league will look at. Any thoughts?
That new player was a 30 goal scorer in Jr.A last season. The last kid, Sinclair was a top line Jr.A player too. Nice additions.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Aaaahhh....someone else who gets it. The Bushleaguers are just that......bushleaguers!!! Yes, they are probably the best team in Ontario once again this year but their organization will always be known as a bunch of bushleaguers as they have proven in which ever town they have played in.

It's very interesting how good this team is no matter where they play. But at the same time they get very little attendance.

Perhaps the Beatles were right, Money can't buy me love (although it can buy me a teenage hockey player) ???