GHL All-star selections a joke

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

GHL All-star selections a joke

Post by Port hockey1 »

Just read that the Shoe is hosting an All-star game in Fort Erie. Cant really call it an all-star game. 5 players from last place Pelham...3 of them have been average at the best of times. Another handful of kids from Fort Erie.

All-Star game...Not even close, what a joke! :lol: :lol:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Re: GHL All-star selections a joke

Post by RocketGirl »

It would be beneficial if you posted the rosters.

http://www.sachem.ca/sports/golden-hors ... announced/

Golden Horseshoe Conference All-Star Game rosters announced
Shawn Smith, The Sachem

The Golden Horseshoe Conference, home to the Caledonia Corvairs, has announced the rosters for the upcoming GHC All-Star game, scheduled for January 26 in Fort Erie.
Included on the roster are six Corvairs, including Jordan Peacock, Connor Bramwell, Connor Patton, Kevin Entmaa, Todd Ratchford and Austin McEneny.
Selections were based on ice performance, leadership and numerous other qualities. Game time will be 7:30 pm. Tickets will be $9 for adults and $7 for students and seniors. Advanced tickets may be made available through local GHC teams.

Full rosters are:

Team #1 (White – HOME) (Made up of teams ranked 1,3,6,8 – Caledonia, St. Catharines, Fort Erie, Pelham)

Fort Erie:
Goalie – Liam Conway
Defense – Paolo Sivolotti
Forward – Kenny Wade
Defense – Martin Bryce
Forward – Richard DeMarco
Forward – Jared Marino

Caledonia:
Forward – Jordan Peacock
Forward – Connor Bramwell
Forward – Connor Patton
Goalie – Kevin Entmaa
Defense – Todd Ratchford
Defense – Austin McEneny

St. Catharines:
Forward – Tyler Morrison
Forward – Tyler Jackson
Forward – Ryan Doucette
Defense – Brandon Cercone
Goalie – Jonathan D’Ilario
Defense – Justin Felker

Pelham
Defense – Jake DeMaeyer
Defense – Shawn Rooke
Forward – Anthony Sorrentino
Forward – Riley Quesnelle
Forward – Riley O’Connell

Team #2 (Black – AWAY) (Made up of teams ranked 2,4,5,7 – Welland, Ancaster, Niagara Falls, Thorold)

Welland:
Forward – Brayden Stortz
Forward – Jack Fitzgerald
Forward – Matt Cuglietta
Goalie – Chris Janzen
Defense – Josh Allan
Defense – Gabe Ruggi

Ancaster:
Goaltender - Blake Richard
Defense – Lucas Thiemstra
Forward – Cole Nagy
Defense – Ryan Knill
Forward – Ben Hughes
Forward – Blake Luscombe

Niagara Falls
Defense – Kevin Millejours
Forward – Nigel Slade
Forward – Zack Lansfield
Forward – Austin Wright
Defense – Mac Hollowell

Thorold:
Defense – Quinn Geddes
Forward – Kyle Langdon
Goalie – Josh Astorino
Defense – Tyler Sehovic
Forward – Mitchell Mendonca
Forward – Anthony Postiglione
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

seems like a pretty good selection. Shouldn't matter where your team is in the standings, as the all star game is about the players and not who your team is, nice to see some players from Pelham there.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

An All-star game is just that, a game for all-stars. Several of the players mentioned aren't even close to being all-stars. Just my opinion.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

It's like they divided the spots as evenly as possible among the teams to try to get the greatest amount of fans response to a meaningless waste of time game. Novel idea at this level I'd say.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Port hockey1 wrote:An All-star game is just that, a game for all-stars. Several of the players mentioned aren't even close to being all-stars. Just my opinion.
So would you prefer if the game was Caledonia vs. the other 7 teams? Or perhaps the other 6 because it sounds like, according to you, Pelham doesn't deserve to have any representatives.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:An All-star game is just that, a game for all-stars. Several of the players mentioned aren't even close to being all-stars. Just my opinion.
So would you prefer if the game was Caledonia vs. the other 7 teams? Or perhaps the other 6 because it sounds like, according to you, Pelham doesn't deserve to have any representatives.
Listen, I said what I think of the game. Since you must know, I think Pelham's leading scorer should be the only one going to an All-Star game. Same for Fort Erie.

But a real All-star game isn't just two teams made up of a 8 team league, so not really an All-Star game.

Sounds like you are perhaps getting a little worried about Caledonia...Well everyone should be. My team is Welland and I'm very uneasy about a best of seven series with Caledonia. They have six forwards capable of having a 25 goal year. They have two number 1 goalies. Nobody can skate with them.

I don't know what the issue with my thoughts here are. You disagree with me, I get that...Doesn't mean my opinion will change though.

For the record: Ask anyone with info about Pelham's owner what they think...You will not hear a single good thing.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

You're talking about a junior hockey league that averages 350 people per game. It only makes sense to have representation from all teams to attempt to get an audience. Call it a league showcase if that makes it easier to stomach.