Falcons @ Corvairs

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Falcons @ Corvairs

Post by Port hockey1 »

1st Period
2-1 Falcons after the first. Shots 11-8 Corvairs. I tuned in just before Caledonia tied it up. Falcons goalie was lost out of his net, puck came sliding out to a Corvairs stick and he buried it. Falcons take the lead on a quick shot that looked to go five-hole.

Despite the shots, the Corvairs controlled the play. The Falcons struggled to control the puck and only managed to in small portions of the period. Both teams had a couple of turnovers.

2nd Period
Caledonia ties the game on a nice centering pass from the side early in the second. Shots are 13-8 in favor of Caledonia. Corvairs control most of the period once again. The Falcons looked a little better than the first. Corvairs are almost just as dangerous shorthanded as they are 5 on 5.

Reffing continues to be a joke. Almost every game I've seen the reffing has been pro opponent. A head-checking call is made with 4 minutes to go that should've been a roughing call. Caledonia likes to crash the net. If the whistle doesn't go, they go hard to the net looking for a loose puck. Falcons retaliate and do the same after no call is made on Caledonia. Great game, all tied up at 2's after the 2nd.

3rd Period
Falcons play their best period of the game. Still have trouble controlling the puck at times. They score with about 5 minutes to go on a rebound at a bad angle. After that, they're like a different team. Caledonia struggles to get the puck until they pull their goalie late in the third. Caledonia is stopped several times pressing for the tie with the goalie on the bench and comes up empty. Shots are 15-6 in favor of Caledonia in the period.

The Falcons goalie was the difference. He made a pair of huge saves earlier in the third period keeping the game tied. Falcons need to play with the effort they gave after scoring the winning goal every night for 60 minutes. Falcons end Caledonia's 22 game winning streak. Manny Manns has a rocket of a shot. Final score: St.Catharines 3 Caledonia 2

Note: The pegs that are supposed to keep the net on must be the worst in the league. As soon as they are touched, the net is off.

Scoring summary:

1st period
St.Catharines: P.De Sousa(8)(J.Evans,T.Morrison 1:00
Caledonia: T.Lepore(13)(J.Peacock,M.Hore) 6:00
St.Catharines: M.Manns(6)(D.Rymarchuk,T.Hildebrant) 13:19

2nd period
Caledonia: C.Bramwell(17)(M.Purdie,K.Tanev) 3:39

3rd period
St.Catharines: N.Dozzi(14)(C.Blakely,B.Kelly) 14:23

Shots on goal: Caledonia 39 St.Catharines 26
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Re: Falcons @ Corvairs

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Great game Saturday between to good hockey teams. But the best part of the night was the tribute to Tyler Norrie. Caledonia ownership and management first class
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

And his family members in the building doubled the home crowd......... :lol:
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I Thought this was a place to discuss what's happening in the league. Not a place for classless jokes
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Just being honest. Call it classless if it makes you feel better.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Just being honest. Call it classless if it makes you feel better.
It was classless. How would you feel if your deceased family member was used in a stupid joke???
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

The joke had nothing to do with the deceased member. It was about the family doubling the pathetic attendance in Caledonia.

Didn't think I'd need to spell that out, although I'm not surprised.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:The joke had nothing to do with the deceased member. It was about the family doubling the pathetic attendance in Caledonia.

Didn't think I'd need to spell that out, although I'm not surprised.
Making a joke that included the family was just wrong. No class! :smt013
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

For God's sakes people. It was a joke, a funny one at that. You guys seem like a typical SJW LOOKING for a reason to be offended.

I don't even have the back story on this but I could EASILY see that this joke was poking fun at the poor attendance in Caledonia.

Sheesh, relax.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

a joke that is probably true with doubling the brutal attendance. Certain people need to chill out.
End of a era in Leamington
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

Laugh all you want at the attendance. Can't remember the last time attendance made any difference in the standings or won a team a championship. Pretty good chance I will be watching another Sutherland Cup final this year, and sure the rink will be full again in Caledonia.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The joke was classless. Admin, how would you like your dead family member to be a part of this joke???
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Why don't we end this where it started. Caledonia did a great job paying tribute to a former player who is no longer with us.
I would expect all teams in all three conferences would all do the same thing.
I am also sure the family is forever grateful for the tribute paid to their son, Tyler Norrie
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Agreed BeenThereDoneThat. I lost a family member about a month ago, the joke on this thread made me put myself in the Norrie families shoes.

Merry Christmas to all. :D
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Interesting, when Port hockey isn't the only voice sometimes the voice of reason can actually be heard.