Thug like behavior costs Thorold more than just the game

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Thug like behavior costs Thorold more than just the game

Post by Port hockey1 »

Thorold lost more than just the game tonight. While they dropped a 6-2 decision to Fort Erie, several players also face possible long suspensions. Trailing 3-2 heading into the third period of an important game, Thorold took a rash of penalties including three 5 minute majors & two match penalties.

Fort Erie capitalized on Thorold's disgusting play scoring 3 times and out-shooting them 18-3 in the period.

The Thorold majors were all later in the third period.

1.Anthony Postigilione: 5 minute major for checking from behind, game misconduct.
2.Vito Scaringi: 5 minute major(match-penalty) for butt-ending, game misconduct.
3.Quinn Geddes: 5 minute major(match-penalty) for head-contact, game misconduct.

At least two of the calls are likely to face further review by the league.

Scaringi has played with absolutely no class this season. After tonight he has 129 penalty minutes in 26 games. He's a veteran in his final year. Great example for the younger players. :smt023

Fort Erie(9-16-4) passed Thorold(9-19-3) for 6th place with the win.

Thorold coach Bryan Kelly left the building right after the game without addressing his players.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Re: Thug like behavior costs Thorold more than just the game

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Scaringi played for Niagara Falls last year and was suspended 6 times for a total of 16 games. The Canucks saw enough of his gong show and shipped him off to Thorold. So far this year he has been suspended 4 times for a total of 9 games. Question is, when is the OHA going to step in and say enough is enough and give this guy a meaningful suspension that is more in line with his continued disrespect for the game.
Obviously, the Blackhawk management team are willing to let it continue.

The OHL would have dealt with this type of behavior a long time ago. :?: :?: :?:
BeenThereDoneThat

Re: Thug like behavior costs Thorold more than just the game

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

My apologies Thorold. never too late to do the right thing. :smt024