Golden Horseshoe Conference All Star Game

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Golden Horseshoe Conference All Star Game

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Nice to see that the Golden Horseshoe Conference has announced their own All Star Game.
The All Star game will take place in Ft. Erie on Jan. 26,2015
Port hockey1

Re: Golden Horseshoe Conference All Star Game

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Nice to see that the Golden Horseshoe Conference has announced their own All Star Game.
The All Star game will take place in Ft. Erie on Jan. 26,2015
What's the format?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

This is the one article I've seen about your All-Star game.

http://www.sachem.ca/sports/golden-hors ... n-welland/

Golden Horseshoe Conference to hold all-star game Jan. 26 in Fort Erie
Shawn Smith, The Sachem
As the relationship between the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League (GOJHL) and the Golden Horseshoe Conference (GHC) continues to splinter, so too does the chances of any reconciliation.
The GOJHL announced that the all-star game would feature the MidWestern Conference vs. Western Conference, leaving the GHC out. Because of this, the GHC has announced that they will hold their own all-star game on January 26 in Fort Erie.
The GHC announced its intentions in late October to leave the GOJHL, citing numerous concerns around the hiring of newly appointed commissioner Chuck Williams.
“The conference (Golden Horseshoe) knew that there could be backlash (from the decision to leave the GOJHL) and that backlash was that the Mid-West and Western conferences didn’t want us participating,” said Paul Quaranta, who serves as GHC Convenor.
Quaranta says that the GHC was willing to honour their commitment to the all-star game, but that there was no interest in them participating.
“They decided on that and it’s their right,” said Quaranta. “It was their decision.”
Each team nominates members of their teams for all-star status. The format will be all-stars from teams ranked first, fourth, fifth and eighth taking on all-stars from teams ranked second, third, sixth and seventh. Each team will bring three goalies, which will be voted on by the teams.
While there won’t be a prospects game, all players will be eligible to compete in the all-star game. Formerly, only players aged 18, 19 and 20 were eligible, while players 16 and 17 were forced to compete in a prospects game.
The hiring process of Williams was a major concern in the GHC’s decision to leave the GOJHL as team’s say they were given no way in his hiring. There were also concerns about other candidates not being considered for the position.
Brian Rizzetto, general manager of the Caledonia Corvairs, says that he was the only general manager contacted by Williams after being hired. Although he says he found Williams to be friendly in their conversation, he agreed with other members of the GHC on the decision to leave the GOJHL.
“I’m hoping being a smaller conference, we can address the issues that impact us,” said Rizzetto. “Our intention was never to disrespect the other conferences.”
Although there are a few teams in the GHC that Rizzetto believes could compete at the junior A level, including the Corvairs, he says that they have no intention of becoming an outlaw league.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Thanks for posting the link.

It's starting to look bad on the league, IMO. For the remainder of the season the standings will all be together under GOJHL. So why not operate as the GOJHL until seasons end?

It almost looks like three children arguing, well if you want out of our league...Fine, we want nothing to do with you for the remainder of the season.

I know the Shoe asked for this, but it hasn't really been handled like adults. I think it would be easier to keep it the GOJHL, but allow divisions to do things their own ways. Similar to the CHL.

What do you think RG?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102