Caledonia

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Caledonia

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia looks unbeatable right now. They play three lines, then they mix a couple of lines with the remaining three forwards & a few of the top forwards. Air tight D, when they want it to be.

Best goal-tending in the league. I'd wager that they walk on both the West & Mid-West for the Suthie.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Caledonia

Post by Port hockey1 »

The only team that I think has an outside chance against them is my Welland Jr.Canadians. They have a very good D and the second best goal-tending behind Caledonia.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Looks like Welland has been struggling of late, losers of 4 out of 5, and there only win in that stretch was in overtime against 6th place Thorold. If they want to make any noise better snap out of it.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Looks like Welland has been struggling of late, losers of 4 out of 5, and there only win in that stretch was in overtime against 6th place Thorold. If they want to make any noise better snap out of it.
Welland has struggled to score lately. I'm not sure exactly why that is...A couple of vets recently returned, wondering if that upset the chemistry. They just got their best D back from injury, he was out quite a while. But I'm not sure what's up with their offense at the moment.

Pelham & Fort Erie are bad. Thorold lacks depth but has an outstanding rookie goalie who played Jr.C in Grimsby last season. He has won them a couple of games on his own. Niagara Falls doesn't have goal-tending, St.Catharines is a joke...9 ex CHL players & no chemistry.

Ancaster has picked up a few good players and has a solid goalie, just not deep enough though.

But Caledonia...Wow, that's all I can say about them. I've seen them play several times now and they're legit.
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

Corvairs are very well coached and a fast, hardworking team. I have never seen a team dominate games like they do. Will be interesting to see if anything else will be added before deadline. Don't see any team in the shoe able to compete in a playoff series.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Vairs61 wrote:Corvairs are very well coached and a fast, hardworking team. I have never seen a team dominate games like they do. Will be interesting to see if anything else will be added before deadline. Don't see any team in the shoe able to compete in a playoff series.
After adding the Sinclair's...They're virtually unbeatable in a best of seven series. Good to see others coming out to post here.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Hey Port,

Caledonia are by far and away the best junior b team in Ontario. The only team that give them problems in a 7 game series is Leamington.

Because I don't know and couldn't find out, can you tell me the names of the 9 players that have CHL playing time that are now on the current St.Catharines rooster.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Hey Port,

Because I don't know and couldn't find out, can you tell me the names of the 9 players that have CHL playing time that are now on the current St.Catharines rooster.
Ex CHL players on Falcons(8)

1.Tyler Morrison
2.Jake Evans
3.Justin Felker
4.Nick Halagian
5.Nicholas Dozzi
6.Devan Rymarchuk
7.Broderick Kelly
8.Jonathan D'Ilario(called up by OHL in the past)

Falcons that have played at a higher level(Non CHL teams)(3)

1.Paolo De Sousa(Quebec)
2.Ben Csiernik(NCAAIII)
3.Manny Manns(Connecticut, EHL)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Plus they have a couple of other imports. They're playing brutal considering what they have on their roster.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Port, thanks for your effort in gathering the info I requested, however the info you posted doesn't give an accurate account.
:smt006 :smt024
Lets start with Manns, Desossa and Csiernik. Saying that they played at a higher level last year is stretching it a bit.
Manns played in the AJHL, comparable to Jr.C
Csiernik played, I believe 5 games at Div. 111, Colbey College, hardly a hotbed for future stars, comparable to Jr.B
Desossa, played Tier 2 last year, hardly a step down from where he was to where he is now.

OHL or Q experience ??????
Tyler Morrison, has never played a regular season game in the Q, has only played 2 exhibition games
D'Llario, was called up for two games with the Icedogs. I don't think you could say with any validly that
these two have any valuable CHL experience.

Checking the Falcon rooster today I see that Rymarchuck has only played 9 of their 30 games and Halagian has only
played 15 of the 30 games.

They have played with as few as 4 and as many as 6 CHL players in their line up.(not 9 as you have claimed)

I'm sure the Falcon coaching staff would agree that so far this team has under achieved but to call them a
joke is totally ridiculous. The Falcons winning percentage is 8th best in Ontario. I bet there are 19 other teams
that would love to have their record. Time will tell

Mike Bullard ( the league's best coach ) has been quoted recently as saying that he always builds a team that will be able
to compete with the Falcons. If he shows that kind of respect for another team in his conference, that's good enough for me.
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

I still see St. kitts as the only team that could give the Corvairs some trouble, if they ever start playing as a team. Their goaltending has been average at best. Welland is solid, but has trouble scoring and Ancaster has a great goalie, but lacks any depth.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Port, thanks for your effort in gathering the info I requested, however the info you posted doesn't give an accurate account.
:smt006 :smt024
Lets start with Manns, Desossa and Csiernik. Saying that they played at a higher level last year is stretching it a bit.
Manns played in the AJHL, comparable to Jr.C
Csiernik played, I believe 5 games at Div. 111, Colbey College, hardly a hotbed for future stars, comparable to Jr.B
Desossa, played Tier 2 last year, hardly a step down from where he was to where he is now.

OHL or Q experience ??????
Tyler Morrison, has never played a regular season game in the Q, has only played 2 exhibition games
D'Llario, was called up for two games with the Icedogs. I don't think you could say with any validly that
these two have any valuable CHL experience.

Checking the Falcon rooster today I see that Rymarchuck has only played 9 of their 30 games and Halagian has only
played 15 of the 30 games.

They have played with as few as 4 and as many as 6 CHL players in their line up.(not 9 as you have claimed)

I'm sure the Falcon coaching staff would agree that so far this team has under achieved but to call them a
joke is totally ridiculous. The Falcons winning percentage is 8th best in Ontario. I bet there are 19 other teams
that would love to have their record. Time will tell

Mike Bullard ( the league's best coach ) has been quoted recently as saying that he always builds a team that will be able
to compete with the Falcons. If he shows that kind of respect for another team in his conference, that's good enough for me.
You're wrong about Morrison. All that matters is those 8 have all been there. Most Jr.B players will never get that chance. The speed of the game is a lot different.

Example: Cody Brown was a fourth liner in the OHL. On Caledonia in Jr.B he was the top forward in the league. Similar story with Kyler Nixon.

If a kid can get CHL playing time, they should be elite in this league. My point is the Falcons have all that talent and no chemistry. With proper chemistry they'd be a dynasty.

Falcons coach is the one that said De Sousa played a higher level last season. And if Manns was brought in from the States, I had to assume the league was higher. My mistake.

But it seems my point went straight over your head. The reason Halagian hasn't played as many games is his suspension. He's a hot head. A lot of the ex CHL players are.

Don't listen to me, read what their fans are saying on the Standard. They're disgusted with their team this season. Bullard is doing the classy thing, why would he slander them? Nobody wants to wake a sleeping giant.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Vairs61 wrote:I still see St. kitts as the only team that could give the Corvairs some trouble, if they ever start playing as a team. Their goaltending has been average at best. Welland is solid, but has trouble scoring and Ancaster has a great goalie, but lacks any depth.
Welland is very well coached. Nobody will want to play them in the playoffs. The D will be there, Janzen will shine in net & the forwards will make goals happen at clutch times.

Never underestimate a team coached by Keith Osborne!
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

Well which St. Catherine's team will show up tonight in Caledonia? Hopefully it will be a good game to watch!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

After Welland I find Caledonia to be becoming my second Shoe team. I've tried to tune into their games without bias, but it is very hard to not cheer for them. :D
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

hey port. you did not just say that ruggi is wellands best dman he is slow and a major turnover machine. even the fans in welland want Him gone. and I've seen 20 welland games this year
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

15timechamps wrote:hey port. you did not just say that ruggi is wellands best dman he is slow and a major turnover machine. even the fans in welland want Him gone. and I've seen 20 welland games this year
Well, they think he is. I like McDuff better...And the kid from Caledonia that they got.