Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

OutsideLookingIn

Tuck steps down

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

There we have it.
OutsideLookingIn

Re: Tuck steps down

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

Which now begs the question. Now what? Who will take over? OHA and OJ still hold hands with each other, will they pick who succeeds Tuck? Where does the league go from here
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Well, you need to have someone who knows the political landscape within the league and within the governance structure in this province. That is the first thing. They need to forge ahead and protect the footprint because there is a battle on the horizon. And guess what...the OJHL has exploited the GOJHLs weaknesses for the last few years.

Then you need to have someone with a vision that can put things in play to get this league back to where it once was! Not difficult to do. But some ownership groups need to drop the "me first" mentality and stop thinking of franchise values and get back to league values. Once you achieve that, those team values will take care of themselves!

Stop listening to outside influences about what you are.....and define the league and brand by who you are and what you can become!
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

oh and...no way in H E double hockey sticks do you let the OHF, OHA or OJ pick a successor!! But knowing this BofD...who knows!
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Mark Tuck was brought in as interim commissioner in September of 2017. Perhaps they have found a permanent replacement.

http://www.cksn.ca/2017/09/tuck-takes-o ... oner/#more
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Marcie wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:13 pm Mark Tuck was brought in as interim commissioner in September of 2017. Perhaps they have found a permanent replacement.

http://www.cksn.ca/2017/09/tuck-takes-o ... oner/#more
...not what happened, no...
Professor

Post by Professor »

Does any know what happened?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

https://www.chathamdailynews.ca/sport ... n=true

Mark has been with the league since 2009 and felt it was time to step down and move on to other things.

Hopefully they find a person who can control the many personalities that are running the teams and someone who will get things done. Maybe it's time to have a woman in charge?
🤷‍♀️
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

You think? I think there was more to him stepping down than just "movíng on". Joe D also stepped down.. Same day apparently.

That tells me there was something more to it. A commissioner and Board Member do not step down at the same time. More to it.
HockeyFan35

Post by HockeyFan35 »

An injection of some YOUTH (not too young though) would be nice. Away with the dinosaurs. Enough is enough. Move the league forward.
I’ve always been a fan of junior hockey at all levels. It’s about the kids. Cheers.
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

FrozenPonds wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:36 pm Well, you need to have someone who knows the political landscape within the league and within the governance structure in this province. That is the first thing. They need to forge ahead and protect the footprint because there is a battle on the horizon. And guess what...the OJHL has exploited the GOJHLs weaknesses for the last few years.

Then you need to have someone with a vision that can put things in play to get this league back to where it once was! Not difficult to do. But some ownership groups need to drop the "me first" mentality and stop thinking of franchise values and get back to league values. Once you achieve that, those team values will take care of themselves!

Stop listening to outside influences about what you are.....and define the league and brand by who you are and what you can become!
Perhaps the owners don't want to go in that direction. Golden rule .
ESC1993

Post by ESC1993 »

oldtymer wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:06 pm
FrozenPonds wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:36 pm Well, you need to have someone who knows the political landscape within the league and within the governance structure in this province. That is the first thing. They need to forge ahead and protect the footprint because there is a battle on the horizon. And guess what...the OJHL has exploited the GOJHLs weaknesses for the last few years.

Perhaps the owners don't want to go in that direction. Golden rule .
There is only one direction to go from here! I do agree, some youthful insight would probably benefit the league.
HockeyFan35

Post by HockeyFan35 »

RocketGirl wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:57 am https://www.chathamdailynews.ca/sport ... n=true

Mark has been with the league since 2009 and felt it was time to step down and move on to other things.

Hopefully they find a person who can control the many personalities that are running the teams and someone who will get things done. Maybe it's time to have a woman in charge?
🤷‍♀️
Toss your name in. Why not? Life’s short. Be bold.
I’ve always been a fan of junior hockey at all levels. It’s about the kids. Cheers.
HockeyFan35

Post by HockeyFan35 »

Love your last line. A cohesive and defined brand / vision is required. This league can be much better than it’s showing. It’ll take a special person, that’s for sure.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

HockeyFan35 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:14 pm

I don't want the job. I've heard what league meetings are like, I don't want to deal with that, nor am I the right person.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
HockeyFan35

Post by HockeyFan35 »

RocketGirl wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:05 am
HockeyFan35 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:14 pm

I don't want the job. I've heard what league meetings are like, I don't want to deal with that, nor am I the right person.
Fair enough, I guess. Are there any candidates from around the league (or beyond) that would be a good fit for the role?
ESC1993

Post by ESC1993 »

Honestly, I am not sure you really want anyone affiliated with the league at present. It might be better to have a fresh approach with someone who thinks differently and can manage the different personalities. Relationship building and effective collaboration skills will be key. And as someone else stated earlier, knowing the hockey politics landscape and structure will also help.
HockeyFan35

Post by HockeyFan35 »

ESC1993 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:55 pm Honestly, I am not sure you really want anyone affiliated with the league at present. It might be better to have a fresh approach with someone who thinks differently and can manage the different personalities. Relationship building and effective collaboration skills will be key. And as someone else stated earlier, knowing the hockey politics landscape and structure will also help.
I agree with you, ESC1993. A fresh approach is needed and relationship building / collaboration is the key to moving this bus forward. Knowing the political landscape and structure is definitely needed. There are plenty of people outside of GOJHL that have these skillsets, but we will see what happens. February 21 can't come soon enough!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The announcement you've all been waiting for......

https://blackburnnews.com/midwestern-on ... missioner/
Queen of the GOJHL