Starting Date

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

BeenThereDoneThat

Starting Date

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

I was told today by one of the owners that it would possibly be announced some time this week, that the starting date for league play may me move to early 2021. No reason given but I would guess its because of Covid results in Ontario.
OutsideLookingIn

Re: Starting Date

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

Makes sense since some teams can’t use their own rink yet.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I believe Sarnia is the only community in the West that are still in a green zone. The other 8 West teams are all in communities that have been moved to yellow as of Monday (November 16 at 12:01am).
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

Chatham Kent is in a green zone as well
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

https://www.chathamdailynews.ca/sports/ ... ying-rules

League looking to start on December 3
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

New updates from the head office of the Sarnia Legionnaires Hockey Club says that action will not be starting as was reported earlier. After exchanging emails with the upper office the new tentative date would be mid January, but that is if all health organizations involved can agree on terms for player safety. SME (Sarnia Media & Entertainment Inc.) will continue to monitor the story and update.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

As of today (Monday, December 7, 2020) I believe this is where everyone stands:

Green – none
Yellow – Chatham, Sarnia
Orange – Brantford, Caledonia, St. Marys, Listowel, Stratford, St. Thomas, London, Komoka, Strathroy, Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Thorold, Pelham, Fort Erie
Red – Hamilton, Waterloo, Cambridge, Ayr, Elmira, Leamington, LaSalle
Grey – Brampton (Caledon)
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

This leadership group reminds one of a verse in the Peter, Paul and Mary song Where Have All the Flowers Gone...."Oh, when will they ever learn...Oh, when will they ever learn!"

This board needs to go!! MT needs to step aside or be thrown out the door and some egos need to be bruised along the way! Without that, this league is just an empty shell of what was once the Golden Horseshoe, Midwestern and Western Junior "B" Leagues!! Perhaps they should revert back to being independent conferences! It would be much easier to make decisions and get things done....and that would even be possible with absentee leadership like the league presently has!

Stick a fork in the schedule for this year...it ain't happening! Start to focus on the 2021-22 season and putting a contingency plan in place...although, that would require some foresight and analytical thinking outside the box! Something that this group is obviously lacking!!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

And now we're under lockdown for the next month, so there will be no season starting on Jan 15. I don't think there will be a season at all unfortunately.
Queen of the GOJHL

FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

RocketGirl wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:20 pm And now we're under lockdown for the next month, so there will be no season starting on Jan 15. I don't think there will be a season at all unfortunately.
Said that in September... There were too many variables in play.