Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

centerman999

Leamington Flyers

Post by centerman999 »

Heard a rumour that Cam Crowder has stepped down as HC in Leamington
Marcie

Re: Leamington Flyers

Post by Marcie »

Me too. They will find a top flight coach for his replacement. All the pieces are in place for that organization.
Aaron Wiebe

Post by Aaron Wiebe »

This New ownership group will find an amazing coach to replace Crowder if the rumors are indeed true. Believe it won't be long before Leamington wins another championship and possibly there first Sutherland Cup
TheGOJ19

Post by TheGOJ19 »

Not sure how you figure that when they have had to go young. Have signed 6 first-year players. Lost two of the best D in the league and two of the best forwards. Plus no more Americans.
Aaron Wiebe

Post by Aaron Wiebe »

TheGOJ19 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:59 pm Not sure how you figure that when they have had to go young. Have signed 6 first-year players. Lost two of the best D in the league and two of the best forwards. Plus no more Americans.
Trust me the new Flyers ownership knows a lot more what there doing then the old ownership group did. Plus another thing this Covid thing can't go on forever so eventually teams will have to be allowed again to have Americans again. And either way the Flyers will find good character players that know how to win they'll be fine
TheGOJ19

Post by TheGOJ19 »

Yes, no question they will always be a good competitive team. Winning a Sutherland however is very far off now. They went for it the past two years. That window closed and they had to rebuild the roster with young players. They aren't winning the conference any time soon, let alone the Sutherland Cup.

Didn't the 'old ownership' win two straight Western Conference titles? How do you figure the new one is doing better as you say?
Flyers1

Post by Flyers1 »

Flyers again in search for a new coach as Kyle Makaric got a job as coach in the CCHL with the Ottawa Jr. A Senators. A chance that Flyers could possibly look at former London Nationals head coach for the job.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

We are pleased to welcome former @SpitsHockey forwards Dale Mitchell as our new Head Coach! And Mark Ridout as our new assistant, coming from the Flint Firebirds!
Flyers1

Post by Flyers1 »

Marcie wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:33 pm We are pleased to welcome former @SpitsHockey forwards Dale Mitchell as our new Head Coach! And Mark Ridout as our new assistant, coming from the Flint Firebirds!
Great Hires by the Leamington Flyers. Dale Mitchell was one of my favorite Spitfires players to watch back in 2008/09 and 2009/10. Think the Flyers are gonna do very well under Mitchell and Ridout.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

FYI if you plan to attend a Flyers game.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210908-213828_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210908-213828_Facebook.jpg (116.75 KiB) Viewed 6497 times
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Flyers1

Post by Flyers1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:41 pm FYI if you plan to attend a Flyers game.
Won't the same rule apply for every single arena and team?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm just sharing the information as I find it.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Flyers1

Post by Flyers1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:49 am I'm just sharing the information as I find it.
I'm wondering what the plan will be for those that can't get the Vaccine due to medical reasons. The reason I'm asking is some coaches aren't allowed to coach without the Vaccine even if they can't get it do to health reasons. Very pathetic.