Shootout
30%
Don't Care
No votes

Total votes: 10

RocketGirl

Tie vs Shootout

Post by RocketGirl »

Reportedly there's a new OT format for this season. It will now be a 7 minute 3-on-3 and then a shootout if needed.

It's sparked quite the debate. Some fans like the idea, some fans hate it (me), there are team officials who like it, there are some that don't, and there are those that just don't really care.

I'm interested to know what side you're on, so please vote, and comment if you so desire.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Re: Tie vs Shootout

Post by Blades »

NOOO to shootout. As a league that had shootouts and then reverted to OT and a tie if needed, is a much better way to determine a TEAM game rather than have specialty skills of "a shooter" versus just the goalie. I really hate shootouts.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Love the tie. Hate the shootout. The best games I've watched last season were the double overtime ties. Super exciting!
Aaron Wiebe

Post by Aaron Wiebe »

To be honest I absolutely hated the tie. I like seeing a team win every night. Don't know who even came up with having ties you don't see ties in any other sports so why have a tie in Junior hockey. For me personally it was garbage
HockeyJrB

Post by HockeyJrB »

Play 3 on 3 for a 20 minutes sudden death ot
If still tied, then a shoot out
My guess would then be very few shootouts
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

HockeyJrB wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:12 pm Play 3 on 3 for a 20 minutes sudden death ot
If still tied, then a shoot out
My guess would then be very few shootouts
...or even just 10 minutes.......but under no cirumstances should a playoff game ever be determined by a shootout. Sudden death 20 minute periods until the game is decided.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

3 points for a regulation win....
2 points for an OT win....
1 pt for an OT loss...
0 pts for a regulation loss

I remember for the Silver Stick...we started overtime with 5 and then every minute went down 1 player. We won with two of us out there against two of theirs. Regulation wins should always carry more of a reward.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You can't have less than 3 on the ice. That's why in 3-on-3, if there's a penalty it becomes 4-on-3.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
binder

Post by binder »

FrozenPonds wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:00 pm 3 points for a regulation win....
2 points for an OT win....
1 pt for an OT loss...
0 pts for a regulation loss

I remember for the Silver Stick...we started overtime with 5 and then every minute went down 1 player. We won with two of us out there against two of theirs. Regulation wins should always carry more of a reward.
00% agree.
binder

Post by binder »

100%