New GOJHL

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

New GOJHL

Post by RocketGirl »

The league posted this yesterday. What do we think is coming on Mon? Is it a new form of the GOJHL? Have they achieved the long talked about realignment? Is it just the start of the season, that team activities can resume?

Let the speculation begin!
Attachments
Screenshot_20200616-104318_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200616-104318_Twitter.jpg (174.9 KiB) Viewed 8642 times
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
FrozenPonds

Re: New GOJHL

Post by FrozenPonds »

Not realignment...

Not start of the season as Ice is controlled by municipalities who have been told nothing.

My guess... Name change. They need to do something as these guys just cant seem to get it right.. ANYTHING right!! The CCHL2 has gone back to being the EOJHL...

But who knows with this lot
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

With these guys...probably to announce that they have a new WEBSITE!......that we already knew about! Or since the logo is now grey....THE LEAGUE HAS NEW COLOURS!!! Wooo hooo!
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

There was talk about ditching Pointstreak and going with something else.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

I inquired about doing a mock site for the league with HockeyTech almost 3 years ago....nothing to do with the league but would have showed them what could be achieved! This website is still terrible!! But hey, I guess that is what three years and a FT web guy will buy you!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

A new rule has allegedly been passed that OT is now a 7 min 3-on-3 and then a shoot out. We got rid of shoot outs 5 years ago, why are they bringing it back?!
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Dont get me started on that one...lol
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Brampton has a new name, Caledon Bombers. So there's gonna be a Caledon and a Caledonia. That's not gonna get confusing at all!
Queen of the GOJHL

Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

Good grief.......that is 3 changes just in the MidWest for the coming season. At least it looks to be a better arena for the Bombers from what I can see.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

RocketGirl wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:26 pm Brampton has a new name, Caledon Bombers. So there's gonna be a Caledon and a Caledonia. That's not gonna get confusing at all!
At least they're in different conferences, Brampton and Brantford were in the same conference.

To be honest, I'm surprised the OHA allowed 3 teams playing out of 1 rink.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

New website up and running - www.gojhl.ca

Click on team logo at the top of the page for new websites for individual teams.