Hockey Withdrawl

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Hockey Withdrawl

Post by RocketGirl »

I just wanted to check on our members and see if everyone is doing alright in this unprecedented global pandemic. How are you coping with the sudden loss of hockey, sports, and our normal every day lives? Have you found anything to cope? Share below. Share your favourite memories. Let's start a topic on who we think would have been the 3 Conference winners, the wildcard, and the eventual Sutherland Cup winner.

Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
LincBrass

Re: Hockey Withdrawl

Post by LincBrass »

I think the way Leamington was rolling, they would’ve beaten London in the West final.
Caledonia easily wins GH
Stratford was rolling too and beats Elmira but loses to Kitchener.
London with 2 sweeps against Sarnia and Lasalle and then losing in 6 or 7 to Leamington ends up in the (stupid) WC spot. London wins the Suthie.
go west
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

With just 4 regulation time losses and 1 OTL in the regular season it would be difficult to think that anyone but Caledonia could win the GH.
As well working off the premise that 1st and 2nd place teams win 90% of the conference finals it would be unlikely that a 3rd or 4th seed could knock off both the 1st and 2nd place teams in their conference.
In the MW 1st place Elmira only led 2nd place Kitchener by 4 points during the regular season but the Sugar Kings took 5 of the 6 games with the Dutchmen. Two wins came in OT and DOT while their only loss was in OT. Lots of close games with 4 games decided by 1 goal and the other 2 by 2 goals, and one of those had an empty net goal. Based on past performance I would say that Elmira would prevail.
In the West most folks were looking forward to a London-Leamington final. Some great hockey would have been on display there. London had not looked all that sharp yet in the post season. Leamington kept getting stronger and looked solid. The determining factor would be if London can pick it up for the finals. They would need to find that extra gear to beat the Flyers. We will never know. That series could easily go 7 games. I had a feeling that Leamington would win the West with London as the WC and perhaps this would lead to Leamington's first ever SC. There would have been a lot of incredible hockey ahead. How sad we will never see it.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

The only team that was any trouble to the Corvair's is Hamilton and that was because the Bees can burn you if you hotdog. Caledonia would beat the next round opponent 4 straight. London and the Vair's learned the hard way you can't underestimate the ability of the Mid West Div. I watched a few games in London and the only reason I see the Nationals in the game at all against Caledonia is if Baier got hot and shut the door. Elmira doesn't have that possible savior goalie London does