Playoff Predictions

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

SugarKing

Playoff Predictions

Post by SugarKing »

Forum not very active nemore but here is a shot.

London nationals v Sarnia legionares
Leamington flyers v Komoka kings
St. Mary’s lincs v strathroy rockets
Lasalle vipers v Chatham maroons

Nationals in 4
Flyers in 4
Rockets in 7
Vipers in 7

hope there is participation in this topic
Port hockey1

Re: Playoff Predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

London over Sarnia in 5 games.
Leamington over Komoka in 6 games.
St.Marys over Strathroy in 5 games.
LaSalle over Chatham in 5 games.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Blades

Post by Blades »

Not predicting anything since I haven't seen any games other than home ones but I will provide what the season series produced from the perspective of the higher placed team.
London vs. Sarnia = 6-0
Leamington vs Komoka = 5-1
St. Marys vs Strathroy = 2-3-0-1 (tied their first game)
LaSalle vs. Chatham = 5-1

All is tilted in favour of the higher placed team except for the Lincs and the Rockets.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

SugarKing wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:37 pm Forum not very active nemore but here is a shot.

London nationals v Sarnia legionares
Leamington flyers v Komoka kings
St. Mary’s lincs v strathroy rockets
Lasalle vipers v Chatham maroons

Nationals in 4
Flyers in 4
Rockets in 7
Vipers in 7

hope there is participation in this topic
Nats in 4
Flyers in 6
Lincoln’s in 5
Maroons in 7
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Lincolns and Rockets schedule.

I'll work on my preview and predictions.
Attachments
IMG_20200223_120008_553.jpg
IMG_20200223_120008_553.jpg (80.54 KiB) Viewed 23044 times
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

London in 4
Leamington in 4
St Mary's in 6
Chatham in 7
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I had to sit down and do some research before I got to this, so here's my slight preview and predictions.

(1) London Nationals vs. (8) Sarnia Legionnaires

London has been dominant this year, as everyone expected. They finished 8 points ahead of Leamington for first place.

Sarnia struggled this season and finished in eighth, 4 points behind Komoka.

In their season series, London dominated, winning all 6 games.

PAST RESULTS
09/25/19 Sarnia 0 at London 7
10/10/19 London 6 at Sarnia 5 OT
10/17/19 London 10 at Sarnia 4
11/28/19 London 9 at Sarnia 3
12/11/19 Sarnia 2 at London 7
01/15/20 Sarnia 0 at London 6

Prediction: There’s not much to say, London in 4.

(2) Leamington Flyers vs. (7) Komoka Kings

The Flyers finished in seventh place. They’ve been at the top with London and St. Marys all season.

Komoka went through some struggles and finished just 1 point behind Strathroy, and 4 points ahead of Sarnia, for seventh place.

The Flyers have taken 5 of 6 games over the Kings this season.

PAST RESULTS
09/19/19 Komoka 3 at Leamington 5
11/16/19 Leamington 5 at Komoka 3
11/28/19 Komoka 4 at Leamington 8
01/30/20 Komoka 3 at Leamington 4 OT
02/17/20 Leamington 5 at Komoka 2
02/22/20 Leamington 3 at Komoka 4

Prediction: I’m giving Komoka 1 game, so Leamington in 5. Komoka has finished the regular season with wins over Leamington and LaSalle, which will give them confidence going into the post-season.

(3) St. Marys Lincolns vs. (6) Strathroy Rockets

St. Marys came out strong this year, surprising everybody. They finished in 9th place last year and moved up 6 spots.

Strathroy struggled yet again, but finished in the 6th, which is an improvement from last year.

Strathroy picked up 3 wins over St. Marys this year, they were also the first team to give the Lincolns their first regulation loss.

PAST RESULTS
09/21/19 St. Marys 1 at Strathroy 1 OT
10/04/19 Strathroy 1 at St. Marys 0
10/12/19 St. Marys 4 at Strathroy 2
11/08/19 Strathroy 3 at St. Marys 1
02/04/20 St. Marys 1 at Strathroy 3
02/21/20 Strathroy 2 at St. Marys 5

Prediction: This series is going to steal the show! I’m not saying this because it’s my boys. You have 2 teams with little play-off experience. Neither team has been out of the first round since 2012. In the last 5 years, St. Marys has made the play-offs once (2017), and has 1 win in that series, whereas Strathroy has continually made the play-offs, but only has 2 play-off game wins. I’m gonna go with Strathroy and wouldn’t be surprised if it goes 7 games.

(4) LaSalle Vipers vs. (5) Chatham Maroons

The Vipers and Maroons have battled in the middle of the pack all season. They finished 3 points apart.

LaSalle has won 5 of the games in the season series this year. The Vipers have pretty much dominated the Maroons this year.

PAST RESULTS
09/21/19 Chatham 1 at LaSalle 4
10/02/19 Chatham 1 at LaSalle 9
10/13/19 LaSalle 7 at Chatham 3
10/16/19 Chatham 5 at LaSalle 7
11/17/19 LaSalle 9 at Chatham 2
02/02/20 LaSalle 2 at Chatham 3

Prediction: This is another series that should be good. This pairing is the coin flip, I don’t consider it an upset if 5 takes out 4. I’m going to call LaSalle in 6.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

London in 4 over Sarnia. Sarnia routinely gives up 40-50+ shots, so for Sarnia to even be in a game, DeKoning will have to stand on his head, especially with their lack of scoring depth. Sarnia has a few guys that are looking at their last hockey and are used to getting involved in some of the “fun” stuff, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a rough series.
Leamington should be the same with Komoka. Komoka has a little more scoring depth, so they have a better chance at going 5 games, but unlikely. It’s worth noting, a player from Komoka mentioned about a month ago, that 7th and a matchup against Leamington would be their preference as they feel that’s where they best matchup.
St Marys in 5 or 6 over Strathroy. St Marys has won 4 in a row and 8 of 10 coming in. Strathroy is the opposite, winning 2 of their last 11. St Marys has been pretty dominant over Strathroy when it comes to possession, shot attempts and shots on goal this season. Prior to the game on Friday, shot attempts in the first 5 games, were approximately 300-160. Shots on goal in all 6 ended up 236-144, including 4- 40+ shot games for St Marys. Diamond was the 1st star in at least 3 of these games. I think the game on Friday is more telling of what should happen than earlier in the season, as St Marys added a lot more scoring in Brown and Trichilo, and the PP isn’t be held back anymore by the former captain. That shoebox of a rink in Strathroy is the great equalizer though.
Lasalle in 6 over Chatham in the battle of the 2 most inconsistent teams in the league. I think Lasalle is better than 4th, but have so many disappointing losses this year. Chatham’s goaltending has not been good this season, so their only real hope is to actually be able to use their Zamboni driver in net.
go west
JrBfansince69

Post by JrBfansince69 »

London vs Sarnia - London in 4
London to much depth and fire power for Sarnia to handle. Pretty easy decision here

Leamington vs. Komoka - Leamington in 6
Komoka has younger McConnell-Barker in the line up full time and he will help make them deeper. Komoka coach always finds a way to have his team firing on all cylinder come playoff time but it won’t be enough to stop Leamington 4 line monster they have created.

St Mary’s vs Strathroy - Strathroy in 7
St. Mary’s hasn’t been good coming down the stretch. This series is really a coin flip in my mind but I’m going with the trend that 6 beat out 3 the last 2 years.

Lasalle vs Chatham - Lasalle in 6
Tough hard fought series here but Chatham goaltending hasn’t been good all year and that will be the decider in this series. I do not think Chatham has the offense to out score their goaltending problem.
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

JrBfansince69 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:35 pm London vs Sarnia - London in 4
London to much depth and fire power for Sarnia to handle. Pretty easy decision here

Komoka has younger McConnell-Barker in the line up full time and he will help make them deeper. Komoka coach always finds a way to have his team firing on all cylinder come playoff time but it won’t be enough to stop Leamington 4 line monster they have created.

St. Mary’s hasn’t been good coming down the stretch. This series is really a coin flip in my mind but I’m going with the trend that 6 beat out 3 the last 2 years.

Tough hard fought series here but Chatham goaltending hasn’t been good all year and that will be the decider in this series. I do not think Chatham has the offense to out score their goaltending problem.
Just out of curiosity, what would be considered good coming down the stretch? St Marys is 8-2 in their past 10, scoring almost 50 goals and allowing 22. 27% on the PP and 85% on the PK. There was a little struggle coming out of the Christmas break, only getting 5 points out of 14, but that’s a long time ago now.
go west
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

LincBrass wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:29 pm
JrBfansince69 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:35 pm London vs Sarnia - London in 4

Just out of curiosity, what would be considered good coming down the stretch? St Marys is 8-2 in their past 10, scoring almost 50 goals and allowing 22. 27% on the PP and 85% on the PK. There was a little struggle coming out of the Christmas break, only getting 5 points out of 14, but that’s a long time ago now.
9 wins 7 losses since the trade deadline is not very good with the $ spend to get players at the deadline. I think he mean not good compared to how good they we’re earlier in the season
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

What $ is that? St Marys traded the rights to 2 players plus a little bit of cash to St Thomas for the rights to 3 players. Overall on the season, StM isn’t too far from net 0, when it comes to $ for players coming and going. Like I said before, it’s a smaller market team, that can’t afford 10s of thousands of dollars.
As for down the stretch, going back a third of the season is a little further than down the stretch. There was a little lull after the break where there were 5 losses in 7, 2 to London and Leamington, and 3 by a goal. To try and say they are a worse team than they were prior to the deadline, shows a lack of actually watching? They got a player that’s almost a goal/game since coming at that point. They’re definitely better, and 8-2 in the past 10 demonstrates that.
go west
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

LincBrass wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:27 pm What $ is that? St Marys traded the rights to 2 players plus a little bit of cash to St Thomas for the rights to 3 players. Overall on the season, StM isn’t too far from net 0, when it comes to $ for players coming and going. Like I said before, it’s a smaller market team, that can’t afford 10s of thousands of dollars.
As for down the stretch, going back a third of the season is a little further than down the stretch. There was a little lull after the break where there were 5 losses in 7, 2 to London and Leamington, and 3 by a goal. To try and say they are a worse team than they were prior to the deadline, shows a lack of actually watching? They got a player that’s almost a goal/game since coming at that point. They’re definitely better, and 8-2 in the past 10 demonstrates that.
Not sure why me sayin st Mary’s spends money touch a nerve with you. Gettin robinson and trichilo from st thomas for just the 2 players they gave up is hard to believe. If it’s true than id like to borrow st.mary’s gm for my next union negotiations. Add brown, mantzafrakas, cyrus, coome, sinden kuznik in there... st Mary’s had to spend some good money to get those players. If teams want good players they spend money on them. Relax. Never said there team is paying them. Its nothin personal no need to throw insults. You choose to look at there last 10 and I choose to look since the deadline that is only a month and a half ago. I said rockets in 7 cuz theyve been better then them head 2 head.
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

Quarter Finals

Nationals over Sarnia in 4
Komoka Shocks Leamington in 6
St Marys over Strathroy in 5
Lasalle over Chatham in 6

Semi Finals

London over Komoka in 5
St Marys over Lasalle in 5

Finals

London Over St Marys in 6
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Well im going to have too change my prediction of st.mary’s and rockets. just got in from going to the game and got too see an awesome game. i really cant see rockets winning this one anymore even if its just game one. have to give credit where credit is do. st.mary’s general manager I think got the job done for his team. the st thomas guys and kuznick in my opinion are the tipping point. only one player on the rockets has that skill and its mairs number 20. my opinion is rockets are coached better but dont have the talent to keep up. I can see the rockets winning a game or more at strathroy memorial but thats about it. sorry RG. had a lot of fun watching the game and im going to bring by boy tomorrow to watch again. very good 2 0 game. hope it goes 7 games
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Truth, I'll be happy if we win 2 games. The last, I don't know how many years, we've either gone out in a sweep or in 5 games. If we can get 2 wins, that's progress and I'll be happy.

But this is just Game 1, and it's 7 for a reason. I said this will be the series to watch and I mean it.

See you tomorrow night!
Queen of the GOJHL

SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Round two. vipers v nationals, flyers vs lincs.
Nationals in 5
Flyers in 5

top two teams are clearly tops in this league. i think 2v3 will be closer in scores but flyers win them.
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

Nats in 6
Lincs in 7
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

No preview from me this time, but I'm going with both Nats and Flyers in 6.
Queen of the GOJHL

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

LaSalle with the upset over London in 7 games.

Leamington over St.Marys in 6 games.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

London in 4
Leamington in 6
End of a era in Leamington
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

London in 4
go west
brad 36