league action

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

gojhlchris

league action

Post by gojhlchris »

Curious to know what threshold might be in place for the league to take action with regards to suspensions. I see a player for Sarnia incurred his 4th suspension of the season and 7th in last 2 seasons last night in Chatham. At what point might the league take action on a player that continually attempts to injure other players.
RocketGirl

Re: league action

Post by RocketGirl »

I believe the OHA monitors such penalties, like fighting and headshots. I'm not sure of the number, but once a player has so many, they will send a letter to the team saying X player has Y infractions and the next will be a further 1 game suspension.

The fact that a player has multiple suspensions comes into play when a major incident happens, they're considered a repeat offender and can be assessed additional games.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RagingBS

Re: league action

Post by RagingBS »

The GO and OHA don't have much of a supplementary discipline policy when compared the the other 9 branches. Many of the others suspend on repeated goaltender interference and accumulated head contact minors during the season. The OHA is one of the few mandatory cage leagues so shots to the head tend to be tolerated more for some reason