Player Trade Deadline

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Welland Cougars

Re: Player Trade Deadline

Post by Welland Cougars »

Agreed its gone silent, but I hope no one is suggesting London, Leamington, St. Kitts, Niagara Falls etc. don't pay for and or pay players as well.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Why would anyone admit to having a payroll? It's against the rules. Every team breaks rules. Look at Fort Erie when their gm was suspended from the team, he got caught in the dressing room. Nobody is going to say they pay players so the oha can drop the hammer on them. lol

The reason they took the year off was posted on here last year. They were focusing on a project they were investing in. Search the forum if you want more details.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

Port hockey1 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 pm Why would anyone admit to having a payroll? It's against the rules. Every team breaks rules. Look at Fort Erie when their gm was suspended from the team, he got caught in the dressing room. Nobody is going to say they pay players so the oha can drop the hammer on them. lol

The reason they took the year off was posted on here last year. They were focusing on a project they were investing in. Search the forum if you want more details.
It has nothing to do with admitting it...it’s the fact that whenever asked, be it here or in the news, it’s always “we don’t pay our players to play, you’re just jealous”. Before the OHL rule came in, did they really believe everyone thought 12-16 guys who easily could have stayed in the O, just said “ya I’ll drop down a level to finish my jr career”