St Marys Fans

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

TmnTyler

St Marys Fans

Post by TmnTyler »

I have to say I just got in from the Nats Lincolns game and the fans at the end of the game were disgusting! These are kids, standing up and yelling "losers" at the first place team in the entire league after a tie game is unsportsmanlike and uncalled for. You guys haven't won anything since 1994, lets put that into perspective shall we. Not one of your players was even born the last time your team won anything. Meanwhile I am currently wearing a western conference fourpeat t-shirt. Enjoy third place or wherever you end up and you can all come to the Western Fair when we raise yet another banner.
LincBrass

Re: St Marys Fans

Post by LincBrass »

:idea:
Last edited by LincBrass on Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
go west
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

LincBrass wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:19 pm Wilcox, in tears, “it’s so upsetting when fans chirp players. I can’t believe fans chirp players. Sob”
Also someone’s head coach tonight threatened a 16 year old kid’s life that was cleaning the dressing room. Let’s put things into perspective. That’s unacceptable and pretty fu***** pathetic. Fans are going to chirp. It happens everywhere. Coaches and players usually just go to their rooms. They don’t chirp back or threaten another town’s employees that don’t have anything to do with the team. Has Wilcox stopped crying yet?
your fans are a disgusting representation of this league, they come into our rink and chirp our fans then slink away like the cowards they are after losing 6-2. This was a 75 year old looking "adult" who should frankly behave better and not be going after what are again KIDS. So once again, enjoy third place and not winning a championship during the lifetime of your entire roster, hell I was 2 the last time you won yet we're the losers? Come back to London next year when we raise a suthy banner and another bill weir, you know trophies your team can't even get close to.
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

LincBrass wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:19 pm Wilcox, in tears, “it’s so upsetting when fans chirp players. I can’t believe fans chirp players. Sob”
Also someone’s head coach tonight threatened a 16 year old kid’s life that was cleaning the dressing room. Let’s put things into perspective. That’s unacceptable and pretty fu***** pathetic. Fans are going to chirp. It happens everywhere. Coaches and players usually just go to their rooms. They don’t chirp back or threaten another town’s employees that don’t have anything to do with the team. Has Wilcox stopped crying yet?
1994 was a long, long, long time ago.
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

Hey anonymous. You know what wasn’t very long ago. 2 hours ago, when someone’s head coach was threatening a kid’s life that was just cleaning a room. That’s something that is actually a disgrace to the league.
Please tell us more about how many goals you scored for your 4-peat. Was it all because of you? Tell us more about all the players you’ve played with that have moved on to bigger things in the ncaa or the nhl? You keep bringing up 94, even though you just started following this league 5 years ago. You realize London spends as much in a year as some teams in this league have spent since then. WTG champ!
go west
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

LincBrass wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:39 am Hey anonymous. You know what wasn’t very long ago. 2 hours ago, when someone’s head coach was threatening a kid’s life that was just cleaning a room. That’s something that is actually a disgrace to the league.
Please tell us more about how many goals you scored for your 4-peat. Was it all because of you? Tell us more about all the players you’ve played with that have moved on to bigger things in the ncaa or the nhl? You keep bringing up 94, even though you just started following this league 5 years ago. You realize London spends as much in a year as some teams in this league have spent since then. WTG champ!
That's a whole lot of talk for a team that will be playing golf by round 3, I get that there's really nothing going on in St Marys and the most you can hope to accomplish is toiling away at a cement factory until you're dead. I understand that all you have is a team that up until this year was garbage, sorry about your life.
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

also who is wilcox? Check the roster I think you have the wrong name but I'd be shocked if you knew how to pull up or even read a pre game report.
Last edited by TmnTyler on Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You need to reign in your cockiness there buddy. Prior to 2012, the Nats were the bridesmaid and never the bride. They hadn't won a championship since 1992.

St Marys isn't the Leafs and they clearly have London's number this year, with the season series 3-1-1 in the Lincolns favour.

And there's no swearing on here, so keep it PG.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

TmnTyler wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:20 am also who the f*** is wilcox? Check the roster I think you have the wrong name but I'd be shocked if you knew how to pull up or even read a pre game report.
Wilcox is one of the London coaches...you really a London fan?
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

RocketGirl wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:53 am You need to reign in your cockiness there buddy. Prior to 2012, the Nats were the bridesmaid and never the bride. They hadn't won a championship since 1992.

St Marys isn't the Leafs and they clearly have London's number this year, with the season series 3-1-1 in the Lincolns favour.

And there's no swearing on here, so keep it PG.
First off read the whole thread, that guy brought the swearing I just responded in kind. Second all that's gonna matter is the playoffs and I doubt St Mary's gets passed leamington and if they stay in third they won't even make it to a series with London.
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

You’re assuming London’s going all the way? I’m pretty sure a lot of Leamington fans thought that too last year...playoffs are a whole new season bud...I would love a St Mary’s/London playoff battle and it may very well happen and I hope it does
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

TmnTyler wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:52 amFirst off read the whole thread, that guy brought the swearing I just responded in kind.
I have read the whole thread, and I wasn't just talking to you. As an Admin, I'm telling all of you that this is a family friendly board, so keep it PG.

You're talking up London pretty hard, and yes they're the top team in our Conference, and have been for the past few years, but there's still a lot of hockey left and if they don't win the Sutherland Cup, you have a lot of crow to eat.

Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

RocketGirl wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:08 pm
TmnTyler wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:52 amFirst off read the whole thread, that guy brought the swearing I just responded in kind.
I have read the whole thread, and I wasn't just talking to you. As an Admin, I'm telling all of you that this is a family friendly board, so keep it PG.

You're talking up London pretty hard, and yes they're the top team in our Conference, and have been for the past few years, but there's still a lot of hockey left and if they don't win the Sutherland Cup, you have a lot of crow to eat.

Its sports fans chirp other fans and that's fine as far as I know we're all adults here, its 75 year old "adults" telling 16 year old kids they're (insert curse here) losers that's not acceptable. Tbh I'm not worried about anyone beating London in the playoffs, not even Caledonia. I'll take down the swearing though as he did as well. As for always a bridesmaid and never a bride, at least we got a date for the wedding where were the lincs or rockets?
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

FormerTrainer wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:57 am You’re assuming London’s going all the way? I’m pretty sure a lot of Leamington fans thought that too last year...playoffs are a whole new season bud...I would love a St Mary’s/London playoff battle and it may very well happen and I hope it does
You're right, the playoffs are a whole new season and St Mary's regular season success won't matter anymore either, would be a great series but it goes London in 6. This team has deep, deep playoff experience on the roster. How deep did your guys go these last few years?
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

Your like a Habs fan...living in the past bud
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

TmnTyler wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:23 pm
RocketGirl wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:08 pm

Its sports fans chirp other fans and that's fine as far as I know we're all adults here, its 75 year old "adults" telling 16 year old kids they're (insert curse here) losers that's not acceptable. Tbh I'm not worried about anyone beating London in the playoffs, not even Caledonia. I'll take down the swearing though as he did as well. As for always a bridesmaid and never a bride, at least we got a date for the wedding where were the lincs or rockets?
How did the wedding go last year...bridesmaid
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The original post complains about fans badmouthing his team. He responds by badmouthing their team...
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Embarassing.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Is this DID in fact occur with a threat to a city employee...not only should the league get involved but so should the police! What is the leagues stance on this or do they even have one?
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

To my knowledge, the league will not intervene/look into anything unless a complaint is filed with the league. At that point they do an “investigation” and take the appropriate actions
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

And that is the big problem with this league. They need to be proactive but I guess this isnt surprising with the current leadership
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

FormerTrainer wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:26 pm

How did the wedding go last year...bridesmaid
At least we got a date to the wedding and weren't golfing rofl. How did that 7-1 loss taste? Looks like you can enjoy third while the big boys enjoy home ice through the playoffs.
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

You do realize that if St Mary’s were to tie London for 1st place, the tie breaker is head to head right? Which means St. Mary’s would finish 1st since they won the season series...do you have any actual knowledge on hockey, or is it just what you google? As for the taste of a 7-1 loss, deep fried dill pickle spears, and and a couple coors light
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

FormerTrainer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:23 pm You do realize that if St Mary’s were to tie London for 1st place, the tie breaker is head to head right? Which means St. Mary’s would finish 1st since they won the season series...do you have any actual knowledge on hockey, or is it just what you google? As for the taste of a 7-1 loss, deep fried dill pickle spears, and and a couple coors light
I think tie break is wins and not head 2 head. And st.Mary’s is like 20 points behind nationals. Im not on the nats fans side, but not really a good arguments. I ain’t on Lincoln Brass’s side either. I dont think hes to high up in the org if hes comparing teams budgets. looks like st.mary’s has spend there fair share on players this year too.
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

SugarKing wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:56 pm
FormerTrainer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:23 pm You do realize that if St Mary’s were to tie London for 1st place, the tie breaker is head to head right? Which means St. Mary’s would finish 1st since they won the season series...do you have any actual knowledge on hockey, or is it just what you google? As for the taste of a 7-1 loss, deep fried dill pickle spears, and and a couple coors light
I think tie break is wins and not head 2 head. And st.Mary’s is like 20 points behind nationals. Im not on the nats fans side, but not really a good arguments. I ain’t on Lincoln Brass’s side either. I dont think hes to high up in the org if hes comparing teams budgets. looks like st.mary’s has spend there fair share on players this year too.
You should probably read what I wrote, I never mentioned wins, the tie breaker if each team finishes with the same record (yes it won’t happen this year) the tie breaker is head to head...my point to buddy was, a 7-1 win doesn’t mean anything...head to head is the tie breaker, but you are correct if the points are tied, the advantage goes to the team with the most wins
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

FormerTrainer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:33 pm
You should probably read what I wrote, I never mentioned wins, the tie breaker if each team finishes with the same record (yes it won’t happen this year) the tie breaker is head to head...my point to buddy was, a 7-1 win doesn’t mean anything...head to head is the tie breaker, but you are correct if the points are tied, the advantage goes to the team with the most wins
No need to b combative. I read fine. you can tie a team and have less wins then them. Tie goes to wins not head to head
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Maybe st mary’s picking up the new stars messed up there team abit and messed with there team chemistry. 1 won + 4 losses since the trading deadline. Look more and more like its a 2 team race in the west. Nationals and Flyers in a league of there own
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

SugarKing wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:56 pm

No need to b combative. I read fine. you can tie a team and have less wins then them. Tie goes to wins not head to head
Dude, if 2 teams tie with the exact same record (which I said) the tie breaker is head to head...maybe you don’t read “fine”
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

FormerTrainer wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:40 am

Dude, if 2 teams tie with the exact same record (which I said) the tie breaker is head to head...maybe you don’t read “fine”
Still going eh. Okay we’ll I’ll say sorry for mis understanding. Lets move on js
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

FormerTrainer wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:40 am

You never said "exact same record" in your original post, which he replied to. You said tied in points, which is possible, all while having less wins.