Chatham Maroons

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Chatham Maroons

Post by flyers2011 »

after a 9-1 loss and a slower start then usual for Chatham the question has to be is the Chatham Head Coach on thin ice ? Maroons owner has not been afraid to make a change in the past.
End of a era in Leamington
JrBfansince69

Re: Chatham Maroons

Post by JrBfansince69 »

Let’s Hope so

He has losing the team just like last year. You’d think he would learn from last year but looks like the same thing new year.
JrBfansince69

Post by JrBfansince69 »

What a sad site tonight at Chatham Memorial. Not a good crowd at all no effort from the players for those die hard fans. Leaders taking stupid penalties. Coach has 0 control of the team they do what ever they feel like it.

Time for a change behind the bench and someone who will control the players and at least give an effort not this embarrassment.

This die hard fan has lost faith in the whole organization.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

JrBfansince69 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:58 pm What a sad site tonight at Chatham Memorial. Not a good crowd at all no effort from the players for those die hard fans. Leaders taking stupid penalties. Coach has 0 control of the team they do what ever they feel like it.

Time for a change behind the bench and someone who will control the players and at least give an effort not this embarrassment.

This die hard fan has lost faith in the whole organization.
Are you kidding me? There was still a crowd of over 500 on a holiday weekend. Alot of people were celebrating Thanksgiving with family so you can't judge the crowd by 1 week.
In all honesty the boys actually played a pretty decent game. This team is incredibly young and as alot to learn. Most of these kids have little to no jr experience.

Instead of hiding behind a screen name saying you have lost faith in the hole organization why don't you step up and volunteer your time like alot of others do. You seem to think you have the answers so why not put them answers to good use?
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

on a side note, wow Lasalle has sure owned the Maroons, 3 wins 0 losses so far and have outscored Chatham 20-5
JrBfansince69

Post by JrBfansince69 »

Chatham should be up around or over a 1000 a game consistently. The fans were dead. There was no noise in the building, no atmosphere. The players didnt even come out with any energy. Just stepping over the boards onto the ice.

Looking at the rosters Lasalle is just as young and just as many new players as Chatham.

Why would I come volunteer my time to organization that it looks like everyone gave up who is involved. Players, coaches and management. I’m sure they won’t let me coach I’m to old but that’s the fix needed. Players yelling at refs, throwing hands up and I don’t know what fisher it was (11) slashing the goalie when already short handed.

We will see tonight with a rematch in Lasalle. I think Chatham is pretty lucky to catch a lot of games against Sarnia and St Thomas early or their record wouldn’t be like it is now.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

1000 per game? Are you serious? I don't know of a team in the gojhl that draws that kind of crowd. And LaSalle's roster is actually older than the maroons with not near as much turn over. Why wouldn't you volunteer your time. You complain about energy in the building well step up. Either be part of the problem or part of the solution. to say everyone has given up is a kick in the pants. There are alot of team officials and volunteers that read these things. We do not appreciate hearing an reading these things. There are plenty of volunteer spots available for those that want to try to make a difference.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Lasalle has 12 new players and they are a very young team so your wrong on that fact. That's 27 goals in 4 games they have now given up to a team that on paper is about the same as Chatham. OUCH
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

flyers2011 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:12 pm Lasalle has 12 new players and they are a very young team so your wrong on that fact. That's 27 goals in 4 games they have now given up to a team that on paper is about the same as Chatham. OUCH
Some things never change and the crap that you type flyers. Chatham had 5 returning players most of the players that left were replaced by 17 year olds. I looked at both rosters Chatham is infact a younger team. I wouldn't expect anything less than you to have negative comments about Chatham tho as it's the same crap you type every year.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Ouuuchhhh someone is bitter. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
JrBfansince69

Post by JrBfansince69 »

The thing is it’s not the young players costing Chatham games it’s there so called veterans making rookie mistakes and taking dumb penalties.

It would be nice if us loyal Chatham fans could get an effort from the players like Lasalle.
JrBfansince69

Post by JrBfansince69 »

And maybe Chatham wouldn’t need all new players if they didn’t trade them away last year. The young guys are doing pretty good in leamington and Komoka
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Very true
PAL

Post by PAL »

New coach has total control great for players of proud franchise last year was an embarrassment good luck to a great bunch !!! Hockey is suppose to be about the team not the ones running it.
JrBfansince69

Post by JrBfansince69 »

Said it since I got on here, Chatham needed a new head coach. Last year he had a stacked team and couldn’t get the job done. Got upset 4-1 in the first round and then went to the paper and blamed the players. The results don’t lie since the coaching change they go 2-0-0-1 against two very good opponents.

Did anybody see what the Chatham paper posted after the coaching change? Did the old coaches write that and send it in?

Hats off to the new Coaching Staff on finding a way to turn it around. It’s a lot more fulfilling Going to the rink to support a team that is putting in effort And looks more inspired.

Happy Maroons Faithful
MaroonBarn

Post by MaroonBarn »

Does anybody know what happened to Robinson? Didn't see him after the first period at home against London. I don't believe he played in the St. Thomas game, and did not play in the St. Mary's game. I'm assuming he is hurt but have not heard anything. Hopefully not a serious injury!
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

He was hurt. Should be back Sunday.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Looks like Lasalle continues to dominate Chatham. 5-0 vs the Maroons and outscored them 36-12. WOW
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

LaSalle has been playing very well. Now they get last year's leading scorer back in A.J. Ryan.
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

Another goalie? Why?
JR88

Post by JR88 »

AJ Ryan to Maroons from Vipers cash deal....guess Ryan maybe wasn’t happy and looks like Rychel is staying for now in Chatham.
hockeyfan77

Post by hockeyfan77 »

Rychel and Robinson aren't playing in Chatham tonight against Leamington. on the move?
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

hockeyfan77 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:14 pm Rychel and Robinson aren't playing in Chatham tonight against Leamington. on the move?
As long as the team they want to go to agree to give up the pieces Chatham wants.
MaroonBarn

Post by MaroonBarn »

From Chatham Kent Sports Network:

“The Chatham Maroons captain and assistant captain, the team’s two leading scorers, Griffin Robinson and Maddux Rychel have requested a trade.
The duo have requested a trade back to their former team, the Leamington Flyers, which is why they were absent from Sunday’s game according to Maroons head coach and general manager Tyler Roeszler.

“They (Robinson and Rychel) have asked for a trade to Leamington,” he confirmed.

“We want kids here that want to be all in with us. So we mutually agreed it was best that they remove themselves from our team and wait for a trade.””
PAL

Post by PAL »

Chatham is building a team led by TYLER but with the team as his sole focus they are much improved.I don,t know how this is all going to turnout.They need help with defensive play don,t expect Leamington to help much RYCHEL AND ROBINSON have lost some of their value due to age .Leamington does need scoring but their defensive play is also poor lately these players probably won,t help much in that department.We will see which organization can figure out their problems.Two good organisation good luck to both.
JrBfansince69

Post by JrBfansince69 »

Do not know why Leamington would want them back. They turned the season around last year after getting rid of them and Chatham went downhill when they came in. Think they are great players but I do not think they are true winners and bad move for leamington if they are going for it.

Rumour I hear is Chatham wants local Chatham players back in return. Could be Fancy, Symonns, Lemieux. Wish Michaud would come back but he has been Leamington best player. Chatham actually going to have some local kids and keep them.

Will be interesting! Stay tuned!
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Problem is, they've forced Leamingtons hand, being two top scorers in the west, there is no way Leamington doesn't want them back. Problem is Chatham wants some pieces from Leamington that i'm sure they don't want to give up for them. Going to be interesting how long they sit until one side folds and a deal is agreed on.
TheGOJ19

Post by TheGOJ19 »

Hearing that Rychel has been traded to Leamington. Lucas Fancy and I assume a lot of cash heading the other way
MaroonBarn

Post by MaroonBarn »

What about Robinson? Any word on him?
TheGOJ19

Post by TheGOJ19 »

Rychel for Fancy now official on transactions page