16 Year Olds

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

JrBfansince69

16 Year Olds

Post by JrBfansince69 »

Isn’t there a rule that a 16 year old players has to play every game and play a minimum of 3 shifts a period?
OutsideLookingIn

Re: 16 Year Olds

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

I believe so. Why?
Sharpe

Post by Sharpe »

PLAYING OF SIXTEEN YEAR OLD PLAYERS
C27 Playing of sixteen (16) year old Players in Junior must comply with the following requirements:
(a) It is imperative that 16 year old Players registered with any junior team regardless of category, play a regular shift with their team.
(b) There is a recognition that 16 year old Players may not be in a position to play a regular shift within the first ten games of the season.
(c) A regular shift is three shifts per period, based on 5 on 5 play.
(d) Sixteen (16) year old Goaltenders must be playing at least 20% of regular season games. For clarity this is two (2) of every ten (10) games.
(e) A 16 year old playing less than the above will be returned to midget.
(f) A 16 year old cannot be a healthy scratch within a junior team’s line up.
(g) Educational, emergency, discipline, and medical reasons are the only considerations on why a 16 year old may not be included in a team’s game day line up and the above calculations.
(h) Before, a 16 year old can be released by a team during the season in accordance with E91; it is incumbent upon the releasing team to find a team for which the player can register, commensurate with his abilities.
C28 A Junior A or B League that implements averaging will implement an effective and active report system including random visits to monitor the use of 16 year old Players with member Teams. Priority on visits will be given to teams who have registered more than the allotment prescribed by the Canadian Development Model.
C29 Failure to comply with the policy will result in a team having access to one fewer 16 year old in the following season based on their CDM allotment.
JrBfansince69

Post by JrBfansince69 »

Last night Chatham 16 year old forward #61 Blake Boudreau didn’t play. He played Saturday against Lasalle tho. Interesting to see if he plays Friday in St Thomas. They did the same thing to Darby Lemieux last year. He would miss a game then play the next one then miss then play. When he did play I’d say he got 5 shifts a game if that.

Frustrated Chatham Faithful
Time for Change, Time for developing, time for playoff success
PAL

Post by PAL »

The league is to blame for this if management allows not to regulate this type of behavior it will only hurt the young talent.Chatham is already feeling the effects of it,s behavior losing top prospects to the FLYERS.I guess they hope to buy more talent trouble is not to many want to play for bad organization.Wake up Maroons.
24flinching

Post by 24flinching »

Curious as to what top prospect Chatham lost to leamington?
RecKing

Post by RecKing »

Darby Lemieux is now playing for Leamington - he came via trade this past summer.
blanegretzky

Post by blanegretzky »

OHA does randomly send out individuals to document the ice time 16 yr olds are getting ( because its a OHF/HC ruling)
24flinching

Post by 24flinching »

The OHA is extremely unorganized. Would guess this rarely if ever happens.
HockeyGod

Post by HockeyGod »

The sixteen yr old rule gets abused all the time.To the person that's says the OHA sends someone out to take a look that's total BS.Just like the OHA sends someone out to look at refs once in a awhile,if they did their would be the odd ref suspended for not knowing the rules of the game.How is it that a 16yrd just happens to be sick when it comes to a big game in the standings .My point is the rule is not inforced,i would like to see the rule changed that you can carry 3,sixteen yr old players.The oha and this league is slowly getting worse every year.I can remember back in the 80's when this league was really fun to watch.
PAL

Post by PAL »

This is not about naming players so you can try to discredit them.It is about the number of Chatham players who find themseles playing in Leamington .Chatham AAA and former Maroons who I do not think you could say they would not improve this team!!!
24flinching

Post by 24flinching »

Or not wanting to name names because there’s not as many “top prospects” as you say there are. Not trying to discredit anyone. Just reading the words YOU typed.
PAL

Post by PAL »

I probably worded it wrong I meant Chatham AAA DEVELOPED PLAYERS.The issue is why Chatham signs these kids when in their minds they are not worth investing the time to develop these players.
blanegretzky

Post by blanegretzky »

HockeyGod wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:33 pm The sixteen yr old rule gets abused all the time.To the person that's says the OHA sends someone out to take a look that's total BS.Just like the OHA sends someone out to look at refs once in a awhile,if they did their would be the odd ref suspended for not knowing the rules of the game.How is it that a 16yrd just happens to be sick when it comes to a big game in the standings .My point is the rule is not inforced,i would like to see the rule changed that you can carry 3,sixteen yr old players.The oha and this league is slowly getting worse every year.I can remember back in the 80's when this league was really fun to watch.
sorry buddy but its true...board members did get per diems and mileage...,may not be this year but in the past 5 years, definitely happened for watching 16 yr olds
referee assessments...happen constantly but if you're expecting them to suspend someone you're off base...totally an old boys club that sticks together and will never chastise one of their own in public unless they are ready to shun that individual like the Amish

want 80"s hockey? dust off your collection of rockem sockem on VHS and knock yourself out this weekend
JrBfansince69

Post by JrBfansince69 »

Leamington has Darby Lemieux, Thomas Michaud, Josh King, Lucas Fancy and Spencer Lecot (was an AP for the Maroons). These players all would help the maroons roster this year for sure but Chatham doesn’t “Develop” they buy players.

Last year Chatham had a big signing day for all their top prospects. They Signed 8 kids that day only 2 players remain on the team this year.
24flinching

Post by 24flinching »

If Michaud and king were still on Chatham then Rychel and Robinson would not be there. Using them as one of the top prospects that moved to leamington that could help Chatham is not logical.

Some of those 6 players that didn’t return moved up and down in leagues as well. It does seem like Chatham has a tough time retaining players however but they aren’t the only team that struggles with this in the league. Look at sarnia.