19/20 Season Predictions

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

JrBfansince69

19/20 Season Predictions

Post by JrBfansince69 »

Let’s see what everyone thinks this year standing will look like at the end of February.

1. Leamington
2. London
3. Lasalle
4. Komoka
5. Strathroy
6. Chatham
7. Sarnia
8. St Thomas
9. St. Mary’s
Aaron Wiebe

Re: 19/20 Season Predictions

Post by Aaron Wiebe »

JrBfansince69 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:48 pm Let’s see what everyone thinks this year standing will look like at the end of February.

1. Leamington
2. London
3. Lasalle
4. Komoka
5. Strathroy
6. Chatham
7. Sarnia
8. St Thomas
9. St. Mary’s
I love this prediction hope this is how it looks. But also hope Leamington can win the division Championship and Sutherland Cup championship Go Flyers baby
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Doesn't St Marys have a good core of returning players? Can't see them being a last place team if that's the case.
blanegretzky

Post by blanegretzky »

1. Leamington
2. Lasalle
3. London
4. Komoka
5. Chatham
6. St.Thomas
7. Strathroy
8. Sarnia
9. St. Marys

London and Chatham are capable of making huge deals so there is that variable

recruitment for some teams has been tougher than they are willing to admit
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

Why has it been harder and for which teams?
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

ILuvHackey wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:09 am Doesn't St Marys have a good core of returning players? Can't see them being a last place team if that's the case.
Ya. Anywhere from 10-14 players. These players lost something like 15 games by a goal last year(including games with EN goals). That experience will go a long way. They’ve also been the least decimated by the OJ raid on players.
go west
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

1. Leamington
2. London
3. Komoka
4. Sarnia
5. Chatham
6. Strathroy
7. LaSalle
8. St Thomas

9. St Mary's
End of a era in Leamington
TheGOJ19

Post by TheGOJ19 »

1. London
2. LaSalle
3. Leamington
4. Komoka
5. Chatham
6. St. Mary's
7. Sarnia
8. St. Thomas
9. Strathroy
Aaron Wiebe

Post by Aaron Wiebe »

Who ever keeps saying and thinks it's an end of an era for Leamington doesn't know sh** about hockey if I remember correctly people on this site where saying the same thing last year and boy did they prove everyone wrong i have a feeling will continue too prove people wrong So Go Flyers #FlyTogether
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Aaron Wiebe wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:27 pm Who ever keeps saying and thinks it's an end of an era for Leamington doesn't know sh** about hockey if I remember correctly people on this site where saying the same thing last year and boy did they prove everyone wrong i have a feeling will continue too prove people wrong So Go Flyers #FlyTogether
Who's saying this? There have been 4 predicted standings in this thread, 3 of them have Leamington in 1st.

Get a clue.
TheGOJ19

Post by TheGOJ19 »

Right. I think it is pretty well consensus that Leamington will be a top contender to win the league, and no worse than 3rd for sure. Someone commented last year after the ownership change that it looked like it could be the "end of an era", but no one has said that since so relax
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Hey Aaron Wiebe why don't you take a chill pill bud. That comment was from last year with the ownership change and coaching change after 8 years which was the end of era. Leamington will be good. Probably finish first place. That's happened before tho and London has beat them during the old era in 2016 and last year when the Flyers finished first. They need to figure out how to beat London when it counts.
Aaron Wiebe

Post by Aaron Wiebe »

flyers2011 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:05 pm Hey Aaron Wiebe why don't you take a chill pill bud. That comment was from last year with the ownership change and coaching change after 8 years which was the end of era. Leamington will be good. Probably finish first place. That's happened before tho and London has beat them during the old era in 2016 and last year when the Flyers finished first. They need to figure out how to beat London when it counts.
If you're a true fan of the Flyers which you state as your username than you gotta stick up for them I personally think this new ownership group knows more what they are doing than the old one the old ownership group had to many favorites the last two seasons they owned before selling off that cost us a three peat and I hear ya London has too be stopped and I hope this is the year that the Flyers can do it I might have messed up on my previous post I just seen under a couple of posts that it said end of an era for Leamington I should have looked more I'm sorry I made a mistake none of us are perfect we all make mistakes I'll read the post's more carefully from know on out and I agree will be really good this year
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Aaron Wiebe wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:15 am
flyers2011 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:05 pm Hey Aaron Wiebe why don't you take a chill pill bud. That comment was from last year with the ownership change and coaching change after 8 years which was the end of era. Leamington will be good. Probably finish first place. That's happened before tho and London has beat them during the old era in 2016 and last year when the Flyers finished first. They need to figure out how to beat London when it counts.
If you're a true fan of the Flyers which you state as your username than you gotta stick up for them I personally think this new ownership group knows more what they are doing than the old one the old ownership group had to many favorites the last two seasons they owned before selling off that cost us a three peat and I hear ya London has too be stopped and I hope this is the year that the Flyers can do it I might have messed up on my previous post I just seen under a couple of posts that it said end of an era for Leamington I should have looked more I'm sorry I made a mistake none of us are perfect we all make mistakes I'll read the post's more carefully from know on out and I agree will be really good this year
Reading posts is a good start. Using a period once in a while is a good habit as well.
gojhlchris

Post by gojhlchris »

Anyone at the Maroons Flyers game last night? Looks like Flyers racked up a lot of shots. Any game reports?
RecKing

Post by RecKing »

I was at the Maroons-Flyers game. Both clubs are strong. Chatham's Rychel-Robinson-Power line did all the Maroons' damage, but Chatham will have to depend more other players than just that one line. Both teams delivered some good hits - and for the Maroons the rookies did receive plenty of ice time. Overall the game was fairly even in many respects. The shot total was accurate and this year's Flyers appear to be putting more shots on net. The Maroons got hemmed in their own zone a couple of times and in the final minute were not able to get out of their end for an extra attacker. Leamington and Chatham both have some work yet to do, but from the game it was very evident both will top 4 teams. A good crowd was on hand supporting both sides.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm still working on my predictions, was hoping to write a preview, but that hasn't happened yet. I have done predictions for the Showcase though.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190901-134520_Word.jpg
Screenshot_20190901-134520_Word.jpg (227.8 KiB) Viewed 32217 times
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Before the first game of the season kicks off, here are my predictions for the West.

Top 2: Leamington and London
Middle of the pack: LaSalle, Strathroy, Komoka, Sarnia
Bottom 3: Chatham, St Thomas, St Marys

As you see, I didn't do 1-9, and these are in no particular order.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Anybody else feeling like maybe they've underestimated St Marys?
Queen of the GOJHL

JrBfansince69

Post by JrBfansince69 »

I overlooked St. Mary’s. Off to a great start to the season good job to that whole organization for turning it around it’s good to see.

What’s going on with Sarnia. Both games against Chatham they looked like they were short players?

Speaking of Chatham. Was at the Lasalle/Chatham game at WFCU great event! Chatham just flat out got outplayed and out coached. Chatham 2 goalies look to be playing really good with the number and quality of shots they are giving up. If not for them Chatham would be blown out every game. Chatham needs to make a change on the bench or it’s going to be a long year. They are in over their heads and can’t keep up at this level.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Sarnia was short of players for both games against Chatham (about 4 or 5) but did call up a couple of players to try and fill the gaps. Three players have been out due to suspensions.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Look like St.Mary’s isnt the team we thought. nice to see a team like that be near the top. i dont put them in the same class as london or the flyers, but not far off. i say closer to flyers then London. Strathroy has been a surprise for me. I could see them as a 4/5 placed team.

after 10 games or so, id say this is the way it will finish.
London, leamington, st.mary’s, lasalle, strathroy, Chatham, komoka, stars, Sarnia.
The big matchup was London and leamington in London and London won 8-4. they should be the team to bear again.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I guess not many expected much out of St.Marys. I expected them to have a good season, but not a 7-1 start good.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

It's really good to see St Mary's doing so good. It's good for the conference.
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

The Nationals are taking the Suthy this year, it should have been ours last year if not for a terrible disallowed goal.
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

London proved we're not gonna be denied this year when we played you guys last week. 8-4 is not a very good score if you wanna "stop" us.
Aaron Wiebe

Post by Aaron Wiebe »

TmnTyler wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:54 pm
London proved we're not gonna be denied this year when we played you guys last week. 8-4 is not a very good score if you wanna "stop" us.
And we returned the favor to you last night. You need too watch a lot more hockey if you think that a team wins a championship by one win
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

Aaron Wiebe wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:19 pm
And we returned the favor to you last night. You need too watch a lot more hockey if you think that a team wins a championship by one win
It's just a matter of time until we sweep you out of the playoffs...again.
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

I mean I'm looking at the fourpeat t-shirt on my wall, what do you guys have going on for hardware?
TmnTyler

Post by TmnTyler »

how'd that double overtime loss taste?