Collingwood Franchise Approved

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

BeenThereDoneThat

Collingwood Franchise Approved

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Bad news for the GOJHL again, the Collingwood Junior franchise has been granted to the OJHL.
Although the OHA said they supported both the Jr.A and Jr.B applications, their support according
the Collingwood newspapers was more in favour of a Jr.A franchise. The OHA leadership over the
last several years has been known to say one thing and then do something different. Looks like the
current leadership is made from the same mold that the deposed group were made from.
jfvoll

Re: Collingwood Franchise Approved

Post by jfvoll »

I'm not surprised, IMHO.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:31 pm Bad news for the GOJHL again, the Collingwood Junior franchise has been granted to the OJHL.
Although the OHA said they supported both the Jr.A and Jr.B applications, their support according
the Collingwood newspapers was more in favour of a Jr.A franchise. The OHA leadership over the
last several years has been known to say one thing and then do something different. Looks like the
current leadership is made from the same mold that the deposed group were made from.
What I read said nothing about OHA approval.

Collingwood city council mentioned that they were a tad scared by the GOJHL bid as Stayner Jr C was threatening encroachment charges if a B team was there, because the Stayner GM is a co-owner of the Collingwood Jr A team. They even admitted they didn't like the OJ team's heavy handed tactics but that's what won they the team.
blanegretzky

Post by blanegretzky »

last minute meddling by OHA chair...stay tuned
Last edited by blanegretzky on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Letterkenny68

Post by Letterkenny68 »

Last I heard the OHA do not currently have a president.
HockeyFan35

Post by HockeyFan35 »

They've names Dart Guy head of scouting from the Aurora Tigers. They're already winning.
I’ve always been a fan of junior hockey at all levels. It’s about the kids. Cheers.