Maroons almost toast?

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

PAL

Re: Maroons almost toast?

Post by PAL »

Worst coaching I have seen in my many years on this earth.Injuries lack of leadership and team chemistry as the season dragged on everything got worse.Do not blame the players you know how it goes it is only human nature for people to stretch the limits if management keeps rewarding them for poor play.Lots of talent wasted coach unable to manage a superior line up and yet he still will not admit it.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Love our game wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:34 pm Yes! That also was a big factor. Good coaches are usually quick to pick up on the fact that they have been handed heartless, washed up players and address that as soon as possible. I agree
They seemed to do good in Caledonia, for being hearltless and washed up....
ydnarhabs

Post by ydnarhabs »

Whoa hang on there. I don’t agree with these comments about our players. I’m not sure who you are commenting on but I didn’t see any players who weren’t giving their all. This was a very talented and hard working group all year long. I may not have agreed with how the team was managed but I never felt like the players who were played ever gave less than 100%..
This was an entertaining team. I felt they would go farther than they did but it wasn’t from lack of effort.
We had a team built to score goals and for the most part they did just that.
Rychel, Robinson and Captain Johnstone had to be one of the best lines in the league. To follow that with Shultz, Gardiner and O’brien and a third line with the Fisher’s must have been hard for other teams to defend against. My only complaint and perhaps it was our Achile’s hesl was not developing our 4th line. I just feel that after a long season our top 8 or 9 were wore down. Our rookie coach probably learned from this and I’d like to think that if he’s ever given such a skilled experienced team again that he’ll not make the same mistake.
In the end it’s just hockey. There’s always another season. Chatham fans enjoyed a pretty good season but not quite the one we hoped for. Next year will be our year and hey if not the year after.
HockeyJrB

Post by HockeyJrB »

I agree that the players for the most part worked hard game in game out. The trouble as has been said multiple times seems to be with the management of this team. Especially come playoffs, when it really counted the most we were simply out coached in all aspects.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Well we can say,this,that,them at the end of the day the maroons are done! Maroons as a hole need to take this Playoff debacle , brake it down and learn from it hopefully preventing it from happening next season. Go Flyers!