Goalie scores empty netter in 2O/T

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Dr. Pepper

Goalie scores empty netter in 2O/T

Post by Dr. Pepper »

I know this board is dead but holy shite... a goalie scores an empty netter in double overtime to win the game 1-0 and nobody is talking about it..... WTF.
FedUpSeenEnough

Re: Goalie scores empty netter in 2O/T

Post by FedUpSeenEnough »

Maybe if you explain what you saw, people would enjoy reading and commenting, but if none of us were there, hard for us to know what happened.
Larry DeVuyst

Post by Larry DeVuyst »

It even made Coaches Corner!
Dr. Pepper

Post by Dr. Pepper »

FedUpSeenEnough wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:20 pm Maybe if you explain what you saw, people would enjoy reading and commenting, but if none of us were there, hard for us to know what happened.
Let me explain to you what I saw so you can understand why I posted my comment as I did.

I saw on point streak that St Thomas beat Komoka 1-0.... I look at the stats on point streak and see that the winning goal was scored at 3:48 of the second overtime period by the St Thomas goaltender unassisted into the Komoka empty net.

Hows that for an explanation..... I hope you enjoyed reading. :roll:
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Here's the video so you guys can see it and then comment.

https://youtu.be/sNJbaxfpb8c
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

https://london.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1613783

The same thing happened the previous Saturday in Strathroy. LaSalle pulled their goaltender on a rush out off their zone in double OT looking for the extra point. It backfired as the Rockets got the puck out of their zone and scored in thr empty net, albeit was a skater not their goaltender sho scored.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

This was not the first goal by a goaltender in the West. How many remember this? From the league record book - (Goals By A Goaltender: John Faulkner (Sarnia Blast) vs St. Thomas Stars Dec. 17, 2006)
Blades

Post by Blades »

Marcie wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:39 pm This was not the first goal by a goaltender in the West. How many remember this? From the league record book - (Goals By A Goaltender: John Faulkner (Sarnia Blast) vs St. Thomas Stars Dec. 17, 2006)
I remember hearing about that game and how the video of that goal was wiped from the camera before anyone thought to tell the Stars videographer to save.the.tape!
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
JruGordon

Post by JruGordon »

Blades wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:17 pm
Marcie wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:39 pm This was not the first goal by a goaltender in the West. How many remember this? From the league record book - (Goals By A Goaltender: John Faulkner (Sarnia Blast) vs St. Thomas Stars Dec. 17, 2006)
I remember hearing about that game and how the video of that goal was wiped from the camera before anyone thought to tell the Stars videographer to save.the.tape!
I was at that game, I was the timekeeper for the Stars at the time.