London still going strong!

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Love our game

London still going strong!

Post by Love our game »

Chatham not producing the offence they should be! Is the coach losing his team??
Larkman

Re: London still going strong!

Post by Larkman »

London didn't exactly pump pucks in the net last night either - both teams will need to crank up offense if they plan on going deep come playoffs.
PAL

Post by PAL »

London out played for 2 periods slowly took over in third, dominant in double overtime same story for four of last five games Chatham has played they fade in third. I can not figure it out maybe the coach can?
Larkman

Post by Larkman »

ya this season clock is ticking and both teams need to figure out why they are not keeping pace for a full 60 minutes!
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Larkman wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:01 am ya this season clock is ticking and both teams need to figure out why they are not keeping pace for a full 60 minutes!
Hard to say the clock is ticking on the top two teams in the league.
Larkman

Post by Larkman »

I meant to say the clock is ticking for them to sort things out if they have hopes on hoisting the cup......
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Talent is talent! But heart and passion is what drives desire. If the true desire to win isn't there, odds are you will loose! If I was Chatham. I would start with weeding out the less passionate players. They traded 2 hardworking players away?
ydnarhabs

Post by ydnarhabs »

Chatham coach only plays 20 year olds. He doesn’t know how to mix his young guys in. Same power play all year with limited effect. Sometimes you need to change things up. He’s got some big young wingers who show potential but he uses them 3 or 4 short shifts a night. Hard to stay in the game when that goes on. I’m sure when they get tapped on the shoulder they want to ask if he’s sure because some of the huys have only played 30 minutes so far.
PAL

Post by PAL »

I have heard the coach won,t make it until Christmas lets hope Chatham can start to turn things around and save his job ?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Coaching has been their biggest problem for several years now. You can't just load up on talent and expect the kids to find their own chemistry. Helping them fit in with each other is the coaches job. Look at St.Catharines, a very well coached team. They load up on talent, then trade away the kids who won't buy in 100%. They don't care how good they are, either you buy in and play as a unit, or you're out the door for someone who will.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Port hockey1 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:30 pm Coaching has been their biggest problem for several years now. You can't just load up on talent and expect the kids to find their own chemistry. Helping them fit in with each other is the coaches job. Look at St.Catharines, a very well coached team. They load up on talent, then trade away the kids who won't buy in 100%. They don't care how good they are, either you buy in and play as a unit, or you're out the door for someone who will.
If St.Catherine’s is so well coached, why haven’t they been able to get past Caledonia forever? All Caledonia had were good players that found their own chemistry. St.Catherine’s even got an NHL draft pick on their roster last year and didn’t even win a game against them. Your argument makes no sense.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Apples to apples?

-Last years St. Catharines Falcons coach was good, this year they are not as good?
-Best coach in the GOJHL is Frank Pietrangelo, hands down!
-As far as Caledonia! The GM lives and breathes like no other GM in the league! He dissects every player he has, play by play, shift for shift, every game all year around. I have never known a (Junior B) GM that comes even close to how much time, thought and dedication he puts into building a Southernland Cup team(s). Bull is no slouch on the bench either!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

SugarKing wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 pm
Port hockey1 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:30 pm Coaching has been their biggest problem for several years now. You can't just load up on talent and expect the kids to find their own chemistry. Helping them fit in with each other is the coaches job. Look at St.Catharines, a very well coached team. They load up on talent, then trade away the kids who won't buy in 100%. They don't care how good they are, either you buy in and play as a unit, or you're out the door for someone who will.
If St.Catherine’s is so well coached, why haven’t they been able to get past Caledonia forever? All Caledonia had were good players that found their own chemistry. St.Catherine’s even got an NHL draft pick on their roster last year and didn’t even win a game against them. Your argument makes no sense.
My argument makes perfect sense. Caledonia treats their players like gold. They are also one of the best coached teams in the gojhl. Nobody gets by them, so why should St.Catharines be able to beat them? Your argument doesn't seem to make any sense. I was comparing Chatham to St.Catharines. Both teams load up, but only one of them seems to get results. Why is Caledonia even in this conversation? lol
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
PAL

Post by PAL »

Chatham coach seems to have figured things out but slips occasionally back into his old habits Madox a real asset to the team but not in shot handed situations.Boys seem to be playing better as a team .Lets keep it up.great goal tending keeping them in games.London coaching better figure it out soon before LEAMINGTON or Chatham overtake them. They still have a good cushion I think they can rebound.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Komoka 01/09/19 ADD Lewis, Bryce (F) acquired in trade from London
Komoka 01/09/19 DEL Cunningham, Alex (F) traded to team in different league - Blenheim Blades (Jr.C)
Komoka 01/09/19 ADD McAllister, Ryan (F) acquired in trade from London
Komoka 01/09/19 DEL Dobbin, Wes (F) traded to London
London 01/09/19 DEL Lewis, Bryce (F) traded to Komoka
London 01/09/19 DEL McAllister, Ryan (F) traded to Komoka
London 01/09/19 ADD Dobbin, Wes (F) acquired in trade from Komoka