RocketGirl

Re: 2018/2019 Schedule

Post by RocketGirl »

Showcase has been postponed.
Attachments
20180829_135022.jpg
20180829_135022.jpg (250.48 KiB) Viewed 47283 times
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

unreal wow
End of a era in Leamington
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Jason Lott @JLott44
43m 43 minutes ago
Replying to @Bill_Doucet @SebJackson90
All 25 teams were invited to attend and told up front what the cost would be. 18 confirmed they would attend and pay. Not sure what the issue is with the other 7. Can't put on an event like the GOJHL Showcase for free. So, because 7 teams refuse to attend no one gets to play
coachFloyd

Post by coachFloyd »

kinda glad BG and the OHA have tipped their hand as to how petty and manipulative they are.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Was never a fan of the first weekend of season for this anyway. For the best when not all teams plan to attend.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

The 18 teams that were going to play would have probably have made this one of the best showcases to date. The 18 teams are most likely the most talented teams in the GOJHL. Not having the likes of Buffalo, Pelham, Fort Erie and Brantford not attending was a sure sign that this would have been a very entertaining showcase.

I said it before and I promise I wont say it again, the old guard at the OHA facility in Cambridge has to go.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:44 pm The 18 teams that were going to play would have probably have made this one of the best showcases to date. The 18 teams are most likely the most talented teams in the GOJHL. Not having the likes of Buffalo, Pelham, Fort Erie and Brantford not attending was a sure sign that this would have been a very entertaining showcase.

I said it before and I promise I wont say it again, the old guard at the OHA facility in Cambridge has to go.
Thats true I guess
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Statement from the OHA about the Showcase.
Attachments
IMG_20180829_210613_717.jpg
IMG_20180829_210613_717.jpg (98.1 KiB) Viewed 47014 times
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BeenThereDoneThat

If what she states in the second paragraph is true, why were they in the process of getting ref's for a non sanctioned group ????

ME THINKS WOMEN SPEAKS WITH FORKED TONGUE.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I don't know, but does anyone have a machete to cut through all this tension and BS?
Queen of the GOJHL

Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

Nope but it looks like the lines have been drawn today.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:50 pm If what she states in the second paragraph is true, why were they in the process of getting ref's for a non sanctioned group ????

They were likely arranging referees incase INC was able to meet the criteria to be sanctioned. It's a big event, you can't just scramble at the last minute to arrange referees bit you can cancel them with little notice.

I would say paragraph 3 outlines the requirements for sanctioning that was not met. It is the OHA responsibility to ensure that these conditions are met befeore sanctioning an event.

This is also the notification to GOJHL INC as to where exactly they fall in the food chain. They need to operate within the prescribed guidelines. I am sure some of the pushback with the schedule release this week and the media interviews haven't made things easier. The OHA is bringing in a new Director of Operations shortly, I have a feeling fixing this league will be a high priority. Hopefully we will see a properly run showcase later in the season involving all 25 teams.
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:50 pm If what she states in the second paragraph is true, why were they in the process of getting ref's for a non sanctioned group ????

Still say the GOJHL should suspend operations for a year to see how the OHA handles it.
coachFloyd

Post by coachFloyd »

I'm sure Pelham was held to the same financial criteria/expectations/requirements when they got referee's for their tournament last week
oldtymer

Post by oldtymer »

RagingBS wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:47 pm

They were likely arranging referees incase INC was able to meet the criteria to be sanctioned. It's a big event, you can't just scramble at the last minute to arrange referees bit you can cancel them with little notice.

I would say paragraph 3 outlines the requirements for sanctioning that was not met. It is the OHA responsibility to ensure that these conditions are met befeore sanctioning an event.

This is also the notification to GOJHL INC as to where exactly they fall in the food chain. They need to operate within the prescribed guidelines. I am sure some of the pushback with the schedule release this week and the media interviews haven't made things easier. The OHA is bringing in a new Director of Operations shortly, I have a feeling fixing this league will be a high priority. Hopefully we will see a properly run showcase later in the season involving all 25 teams.
It is pretty evident that your opinion reflects that of of non-Inc team. That is fine as you are entitled to your opinion but the question is what do teams like Pelham ( hint hint) actually want of the OHA or GOJHL. It appears that most of the concern with the GOJHL seems to be coming from the Shoe which unfortunately has become the weakest Division in terms of fan support and team strength. With the Icedogs in the area and with Caledonia taking a breather interest in the Shoe will be at an all time low and yet they seem to have some power at the OHA level for whatever reason. Its like the inmates running the asylum at this point in time. Still say the GOJHL should suspend operations, refund money to those who paid and see what value the OHA provides for the fees they charge.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

I am sure Pelham did meet the expectations/financial criteria/ requirements for a preseason tournament or it wouldn't have been sanctioned. One would think something billed as "the" league showcase would need to meet a higher level of criteria than a tournament. Equal access (entry fee) for all 25 teams would need to be established. Let's not forget, this schedule was released extremely late, and originally was only for INC teams. Later the group of 10 could join for an undisclosed fee. The entry fee would need to be equal for all 25. If all 25 teams aren't welcome to attend they need to rebrand it as something that doesn't appear to represent the league. Call it the GO INC Fall Preview since that is what the intent was going into the summer. The agenda all summer has been centered around separating 15 teams from the other 10.

As for the absurd opinion that the GOJHL should shutdown for the season, the OHA/OHF/Hockey Canada would without hesitation declare every player carded to them free agents so they can find a place to play. They are players not pawns.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

oldtymer wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:11 am
RagingBS wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:47 pm

It is pretty evident that your opinion reflects that of of non-Inc team. That is fine as you are entitled to your opinion but the question is what do teams like Pelham ( hint hint) actually want of the OHA or GOJHL. It appears that most of the concern with the GOJHL seems to be coming from the Shoe which unfortunately has become the weakest Division in terms of fan support and team strength. With the Icedogs in the area and with Caledonia taking a breather interest in the Shoe will be at an all time low and yet they seem to have some power at the OHA level for whatever reason. Its like the inmates running the asylum at this point in time. Still say the GOJHL should suspend operations, refund money to those who paid and see what value the OHA provides for the fees they charge.
I disagree, allowing an unsanctioned organization like INC to dictate how a sanctioned league will operate and who is allowed to participate would be the definition of letting the inmates run the asylum. Right now the GOJHL squabble story is getting known coast to coast. That isn't a compliment.
BeenThereDoneThat

Oldtymer, I 100% agree with your statements.

Coach Floyd, Pelham must have met their obligations when reputable Jr.B teams ignored their tournament and they had to fill with Jr.C teams.

RagingBS, the GOJHL.Inc did not try and dictate how a league was operated, they wanted to take the 15 teams that supported their cause and run separately from the 10 teams in the GOJHL, that choose not to pay the required fees that the GOJHL Inc. required. For some unknown and never explained reason the OHA supported the 3 teams that didn't pay last year, rather than trying to find a solution that would in some small way satisfy both sides.
That led to 7 teams this year that said if the likes of Pelham, Fort Erie and Buffalo were not paying and getting all the same benefits the paying teams were, then they were not paying also
The OHA says they don't recognize the GOJHL Inc. as an sanctioned entity, therefore in their own statement they were refusing to assign officials to the tournament. Your suggestion that they were probably arranging referees is ridiculous,how long does it take to walk down the hall and say, Morley, arrange referees for a tournament 2 weeks away. All the requirements were made, thats why the OHA allowed 3 teams from the GOJHL to join the GOJHL Inc.Showcase. You are right, the tournament will be held later this year and if its done right it will be organized by the GOJHL Inc, not the OHA
coachFloyd

Post by coachFloyd »

^^^what this guy said^^^
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

RagingBS wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:12 am I disagree, allowing an unsanctioned organization like INC to dictate how a sanctioned league will operate and who is allowed to participate would be the definition of letting the inmates run the asylum. Right now the GOJHL squabble story is getting known coast to coast. That isn't a compliment.
GOJHL INC has existed for years and it's never been "unsanctioned". This is PR spin, pure and simple.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm told the referee convenor delayed assigning officials for the Showcase under orders of the President.
Queen of the GOJHL

RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

The following information appeared on MYFM Strathroy social media today

The battle continues between the OHA and GOJHL and now it's cost teams like the Strathroy Rockets this year's showcase weekend in St. Catherines. The event scheduled for the weekend of September 8th has been postponed due to what the GOJHL says is because the OHA wouldn't assign officials, but the OHA says the group that was running the event GOJHL.INC isn't sanctioned by the OHA and thus cannot run the event nor obtain officiating. No new date has been set and the start of the regular season for Junior B in this area is still in limbo.

This is followed by a response from the Strathroy Rockets stating that the Rockets 1st Regular season game is Sept 14 and their home opener is Sept 22 vs LaSalle.

Needless to say there is a lot of false and misleading information being distributed right now. There is the GOJHL INC version, The OHA version and somewhere in between is the truth.

Referees in the GOJHL also do OHL, PJHL and local minor games. Many of these assignments are done online and linked to the individual game, so if there is no schedule games cant be assigned. Once an assignment has been accepted that referee is no longer available to be selected. When you are scheduling less than 2 weeks away you can only get referees that have yet to be scheduled.

In paragraph 3 of the OHA statement seems to explain why a sanction would not be given to the event. If the event isn't sanctioned referees cannot be assigned. Hockey Canada Insurance does not cover events that are not sanctioned by the member partner in this case the OHA.

At the end of the day GOJHL INC will need to find a way to work with the OHA and comply with their criteria, rules and regulations if they want to hold a showcase, prospect games or anything else.

Hopefully both sides start to consider the players that are being hurt by the actions of both. This should never have been allowed to go this far
BeenThereDoneThat

The GOJHL Inc was issued a Certificate of Insurance from Hockey Canada 2 week ago.
The request for insurance went through all 3 levels before be granted.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

At the end of the day, paragraph 3 outlines what prevented this event from being sanctioned and what will prevent future events from being sanctioned. Obviously GOJHL Inc did not provide the necessary documentation in a timely manner. This is an event that the OHA should set guidelines for since it can be a very beneficial if held at the right time to especially for the 20 year olds by giving much needed exposure that they don't get with the current prospect game criteria. For example the BCHL charges participating players $100 per game for their showcase, you only pay if in the line up. Each team contributes $2000 per game, $4000 for the showcase. When you multiply it by the current 25 teams it would bring in $100,000 prior to ticket sales.