Caledonia vs Listowel, Sutherland Cup Finals

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Caledonia vs Listowel, Sutherland Cup Finals

Post by Port hockey1 »

Listowel has a really good team and should have the best shot at beating Caledonia in a best of seven series. But I'm going with Caledonia.

Caledonia in 6
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Marcie

Re: Caledonia vs Listowel, Sutherland Cup Finals

Post by Marcie »

Listowel in 6
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

London didn't look as strong as they did last year so it's hard to judge Listowel, if their goalie can keep up it may go 7
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Schedule:
Best of 7
CAL vs LIS
Apr 25th, 7:30 pm
Haldimand Center
LIS vs CAL
Apr 27th, 7:30 pm
Steve Kerr Memorial
CAL vs LIS
Apr 28th, 7:30 pm
Haldimand Center
LIS vs CAL
May 1st, 7:30 pm
Steve Kerr Memorial
CAL vs LIS
May 2nd, 7:30 pm
Haldimand Center
LIS vs CAL
May 4th, 7:30 pm
Steve Kerr Memorial
CAL vs LIS
May 5th, 7:30 pm
Haldimand Center
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm playing the odds and taking Listowel for the Suthie.

I wasn't at last night's game, so does anyone have any comments, insights, observations?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

It looked like two fairly evenly matched teams to me in the first game. I don' think the week off helped Caledonia at all. They started slowly in the Elmira series as well but got stronger as the series went on. Still lots of good hockey left to be played in this series.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Despite being outshot, Listowel owned the Bushleaguers tonight. The goaltending for Caledonia in this series has been downright awful. The Cyclones outworked and outhustled the boys in black in this game.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Looking forward to tonight's game!
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Best game of the series so far by Caledonia but it still wasn't enough. They had the better scoring chances in the game and Wright totally robbed them for at least two sure goals. He was the first star of the game in my books. I'd have to think that this is the first game that Caledonia has ever been shutout (regular season and playoffs) since they moved from Brantford. Listowel fans will be getting the brooms out for Tuesday night. It might just be a sweep for the Sutherland Cup.
RecKing

Post by RecKing »

No it's not the first time Caledonia has been shutout on playoffs. The only time that has been done was:
Last Game Team Shutout By Opposition At Home: 4-0 by Brampton Bombers (game 5, 1st round) Mar. 8, 2013

As for regukar season shutouts by opposition here are some:
First Game Team Shutout By Opposition At Home: 2-0 by Listowel Cyclones Dec. 13, 2014
First Game Team Shutout By Opposition On Road: 1-0 by Thorold Blackhawks Feb. 6, 2014
Last Game Team Shutout By Opposition At Home: 1-0 by Fort Erie Meteors Sept. 25, 2014
Last Game Team Shutout By Opposition On Road: 1-0 by Thorold Blackhawks Feb. 6, 2014

All records from the GHS Playoff and Regular Season Record Book by C. Scott Holland c 2018
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

Wow kudos to the Cyclones! The rink will be rocking in Listowel on Tuesday night.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Last night was a great game, although I found it unusually quiet in the arena. I also found it odd that Bullard called a timeout, needing to score a goal, and had no rinkboard to draw anything out for his players.

Wish I could go to the game Tues night, but it's just so difficult to get there from downtown London at 5:00.
Queen of the GOJHL