Sutherland cup semi-finals, and predictions thread

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Sutherland cup semi-finals, and predictions thread

Post by Port hockey1 »

I think the London, Listowel series will be some great hockey. I don't think Elmira's deep enough to skate with Caledonia, but they did take out Stratford... So you never know.

Caledonia over Elmira in 5 games.

Listowel over London in 7 games.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Hockeylover321

Re: Sutherland cup semi-finals, and predictions thread

Post by Hockeylover321 »

London over Listowel in 6 games

As much as it hurts my heart I do think Caledonia will win over Elmira ........ but if the ESK team that put out Stratford returns they could give them a run..........heck nobody thought Elmira stood a chance last year and look what happened! In other words, who the heck knows!

Hoping all teams play their best........and that the officials strive for the same.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Listowel in 6 over London
Caledonia in 5 over Elmira
End of a era in Leamington
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Can Listowel get the puck past that OHL giant in London's net. Wouldn't put any money on the London series. Two offensive lines in London vs one offensive line in Listowel, I'd go with London in 5. I'm betting Elmira doesn't have the miracle goalie this year and someone said Stratford's weakness was their goalie. Caledonia's goalie is pretty steady. I'll take Vairs in 4
Hockeyhead1

Post by Hockeyhead1 »

Just a thought, but I always thought it odd re the ESK/Cali series last year in that everyone places the ESK series win with the outstanding play (and it was) of their goalie. No one ever mentioned that the kid Cali had in the pipes last year was just as good. He held his team in on many occasions with key saves.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Chenard was a heck of a goalie but no Reinhart. Reinhart absolutely stood on his head the whole sutherland cup. There whole team as a whole played well but without reinhart it wouldve been a way different story.

Anyways, im thinking london in 6 because of there goalie. As we saw a strong goalie can carry you through. Listy will make it interesting though.

I dont count ESK out. They have played many games which they have looked absolutely solid as a team. I say Cali in 5 just because you dont know what to expect out of elmira.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

I asked why the back up goalie played most of the playoffs last year and was told Chenard was injured. Wil Rawski 99ers goalie in 2015 looked like the best goalie in the league til he was injured, when he came back from that he looked like the worst
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

London and Listowel is going to be a tough series to predict. I think it's going to be a true goalie battle. Ovsjannikov and Wright have close to the same numbers in both regular season and play-offs.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Elmira's looked pretty good. Lost both games in OT... But they scored 6 goals on Caledonia last night. With a couple of bounces, Elmira could easily be up 2-0. I think they'll win a couple games.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

Port hockey1 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:58 pm Elmira's looked pretty good. Lost both games in OT... But they scored 6 goals on Caledonia last night. With a couple of bounces, Elmira could easily be up 2-0. I think they'll win a couple games.
....and Elmira has done it with their starting goaltender sitting out with injury (although Kimmel has been top notch and stoned Caledonia at times) and two of their better forwards in Wiseman and Takamatsu. They have definitely not been the pushover I'm sure the Corvairs thought they would be. A pleasant surprise has been the play of callup forward Brody Waters.

Wondering if any games might get postponed over the weekend with the freezing rain looming.