Top teams

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Top teams

Post by Port hockey1 »

So what's everyone thinking about league winners this year? It might be a two team race in all three divisions. But I think the West will end up being the hardest division to win in the playoffs.

Leamington is probably the favorite followed closely by London. But Sarnia, Chatham, & St.Thomas look like dark horses.

In the Mid-West I think its pretty much going to be all Listowel. Stratford is really deep, and might make it a two team race. But I think Listowel is much stronger and likely won't have any problems steamrolling through the Mid-West. I'd say Waterloo is the biggest dark horse... Maybe Elmira.

In the Shoe its been pretty much all Caledonia for a few years. On paper, they look loaded again, way deeper than St.Catharines. But St.Catharines is still a very good team, better than they were the last few years. I think they'll win the Shoe, mostly because of their goaltending this year. A core of Smilsky, Davies, & Dunda will help too. Plus, they have a great defense.

So I'm thinking the final four will be:

Listowel
St.Catharines
Leamington
Caledonia

Anyone have any thoughts?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Beehive

Re: Top teams

Post by Beehive »

A major stumbling block for the Falcons in their quest could be the Ancaster Avalanche. Let's not forget about the potential of this club for an upset or two.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Agree Beehive
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

Midwest matchups:

Listowel vs Guelph - Listowel in 4
Stratford vs Brantford - Stratford in 5
Elmira vs Brampton - Elmira in 6 mainly because Brampton has ended the season on a roll with some big wins and will be tougher than expected
Waterloo vs Kitchener - Kitchener in 5 maybe 6 because Waterloo tanked bigtime to end the season loosing 5 in a row. Don't see a lot of confidence on that team right now

That would make the second round:

Listowel vs Kitchener - Listowel in 5
Stratford vs Elmira - I think this will be a long series if Elmira plays up to their potential. I can't call it.

Finals: Listowel vs ??

I would love to predict Elmira vs Listowel for the Cherrey Cup but Elmira does not have the same team as last season .... mainly the lack of Jonathan Reinhart. Time will tell.