Where is Everyone?

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Where is Everyone?

Post by RocketGirl »

Where is everyone? This entire board has been basically dead all season. Does nobody care what's happening in the league anymore?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
GOJHLfan1

Re: Where is Everyone?

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:16 pm Where is everyone? This entire board has been basically dead all season. Does nobody care what's happening in the league anymore?
I was wondering the same
Blades

Post by Blades »

I am here.
Interesting race to the finish line for many teams.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I think most of us are just holding our breath to see where our clubs are going to finish. I doubt it is apathy from this group despite a general lack of interest from the fans that attend our games. This year's average league attendance is the lowest since the formation of the GOJHL.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks pretty quiet in here this year. During previous seasons, I used to start threads about many different things in the league. I used to say that I was trying to pump more life into this forum.

Well, after being told by a few members that my threads were useless, etc, and having the owner of the forum taking shots at me... I decided that I wouldn't bother posting nearly as often this year. Nobody cared. Now with the playoffs coming, people really wonder why its so quiet in here... Looks like I did a lot more for this forum than I ever got credit for.

Maybe things will pick up in the playoffs. 8)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Port hockey1 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:00 pm Looks pretty quiet in here this year. During previous seasons, I used to start threads about many different things in the league. I used to say that I was trying to pump more life into this forum.

Well, after being told by a few members that my threads were useless, etc, and having the owner of the forum taking shots at me... I decided that I wouldn't bother posting nearly as often this year. Nobody cared. Now with the playoffs coming, people really wonder why its so quiet in here... Looks like I did a lot more for this forum than I ever got credit for.

Maybe things will pick up in the playoffs. 8)
I couldn't agree more. After awhile you just get fed up with being treated like $hit by the owner/moderator of this forum and her useless sidekick profiles. They are simply here to personally attack anyone who has a different opinion especially ones that do not put a particular team on a pedestal. These attacks are often orchestrated by some douchebags like "Doug" and others who feel free to try to undermine players and parents and executives in this league out of spite. As long as the moderator and associates feel free to personally attack whomever they disagree with I predict this is the way it will be

Where is everyone you ask?

Now I will turn my back so you can do what you do best.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm not the owner of this site and I don't have or need multiple profiles, unlike some people Undertaker.

I've said it many times, people can have differing opinions, that's what made this site so great for so many years.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

I came on last year because I thought this was dead and had lots of fun stirring things up just to watch people get involve again. I really enjoyed this forum before I joined but then it kinda died. So I joined and it was fun til I perceived a threat so I'm a little dormant for the time being. Some may say I deserved it but I really enjoyed the reaction from the people down here that I know after I gave the hornets nest a few whacks. I don't think you can do anything about the mid west, I tried to stir up some people in Kitchener but they say they don't care about the forum any more
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

If you follow Junior C, the stobbs forum is pretty good, lots of talk on there, I don't post on here as much basically same reason as Port, some people can dish it out, and they cant take it. But I will be commenting more with playoffs around the corner,therees one of the bottom 3 teams that I hope doesn't make it, might make this forum a little better.
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Even if my boys don't make it, doesn't mean I won't be around. Still gotta write those play-off previews.

You are correct though, there's a lot of people that dish it out, but can't handle when it's thrown back at them. I know you think I'm 1 of those people, but that's definitely not the case.
Queen of the GOJHL

jimmorrison

Post by jimmorrison »

the blog is like the league. You have four teams battling it out every year, two teams usually fighting for 5/6th, and the annual battle for four playoff games. Not really much to blog about so people take jabs usually in fun and made it entertaining, until somebody takes offence and therefore most have stopped posting.
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

jimmorrison, you just hit the nail right on the head! I really believe that most people are really getting tired of seeing the same scenario every year with Caledonia, St. Catharines, and London at the top of the heap. The Midwest seems to be the only division that can surprise us with a different winner at times. To me, the season is like watching another Super Bowl featuring the New England Patriots or another college football championship with Alabama. It gets old. Hopefully in the coming weeks with the playoffs around the corner and with a few upsets things will start to pick up on the blogs again so we can all enjoy some serious......but fun....banter.
Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

I do pop in and read but with being fairly new just felt more comfortable reading.

I do agree with Beehive in that the same old gets tiresome in the league. Last season had a surprise ending with the Kings pulling out the Sutherland Cup win.

I have one thing to gripe about. Went to the game in Listowel last night to check out their new facility. Beautiful new home for the Cyclones but we didn't appreciate having to sit in the parking lot for what seemed an eternity to get out of there. Whoever designed that set up gets an 'F'. Not really hockey related but just a warning for those who might be attending games there this playoff run.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Amazing how little amount of trash talk there has been against Chatham this year with them not being a top 3 team. I guess no one has anything to say anymore. Caledonia is still a top team we all know that rant. I'm surprised by alot this year but like others I just don't care to get blasted on here by a select few members most of Wich don't know me.
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Hockeylover321 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:56 am I have one thing to gripe about. Went to the game in Listowel last night to check out their new facility. Beautiful new home for the Cyclones but we didn't appreciate having to sit in the parking lot for what seemed an eternity to get out of there. Whoever designed that set up gets an 'F'. Not really hockey related but just a warning for those who might be attending games there this playoff run.
The opening game was atrocious! I ended up parking on the grass. Perhaps there needs to be a shuttle bus or something for long playoff runs, the place is kinda isolated from the main town.

It's a nice place elsewise though.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Just remember Brad, you dished it out just as much as you got it back, as for the Maroons this season they've been inconsistent at best, but could surprise a few people in playoffs, talent is there
End of a era in Leamington
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

I dished it to certain people.... However I did not start it I more so got tired of Chatham being trashed constantly.
When the team you follow is constantly in the head lines by people that have no clue do you really blame me. As for you I will never have respect for you however some of the others on this forum that used to battle with me are the same people that now always take a minute to say hello and have a conversation when they see me.
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

At the end of the day, differing opinions on teams in this league and the way they are operated should not open the door for personal attacks on individuals and their families, however it is not only condoned on this site but seems to be encouraged by the powers that be. I for one simply got fed up with it so I only share my opinions and other information on here through private messages
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Well said!! I have not neen here that long and I am in OJHL territory. That being said, I think the talent in the upper tier of this league is on par with the OJ. No question about that. What sets this league apart is the fact that there ARE established rivalries. Those rivalries, in turn, make the league stronger! Another component that makes this league stronger...you, the fans!!!! Attendance and support are at levels the OJ could only dream of. The decision-makers of this league need to understand and respect that...that the fans are a vital component to the current and future success of this league!!
Beehive

Post by Beehive »

I guess that it is time to ask this question once again Rocket Girl. We are part way through the first round and still not much action on here. I had a pretty good thread going on the Golden Horseshoe site until someone decided to play the I am being critical of Caledonia card which cut that short in a hurry. Port, I am really shocked that you never weighed in on that one! Maybe most of these posters had kids playing on these teams in the past and have moved on to other things. Too bad. I always enjoyed the dialogue around the playoffs.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Beehive wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 am I had a pretty good thread going on the Golden Horseshoe site until someone decided to play the I am being critical of Caledonia card
Don't worry Beehive. Caledonia fans have had their knockers in a knot ever since the Bushleaguers were wiped out by the wildcard team in last year's playoffs. LOL. :lol:
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Beehive wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 am I guess that it is time to ask this question once again Rocket Girl. We are part way through the first round and still not much action on here. I had a pretty good thread going on the Golden Horseshoe site until someone decided to play the I am being critical of Caledonia card which cut that short in a hurry. Port, I am really shocked that you never weighed in on that one! Maybe most of these posters had kids playing on these teams in the past and have moved on to other things. Too bad. I always enjoyed the dialogue around the playoffs.

I have my own opinion and theory on this matter, but if I voice it I'll just be told I'm attacking people and I'm the reason nobody posts anymore.
Queen of the GOJHL

Hockeylover321

Post by Hockeylover321 »

zantimisfit wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:40 am
Beehive wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 am I had a pretty good thread going on the Golden Horseshoe site until someone decided to play the I am being critical of Caledonia card
Don't worry Beehive. Caledonia fans have had their knockers in a knot ever since the Bushleaguers were wiped out by the wildcard team in last year's playoffs. LOL. :lol:
Oh that was fun to watch! The Wildcard team won without having to blowout and embarrass the opposition in 16-1 games. I need to check out that thread.

I'm obviously a newbie around here and don't know the history but RocketGirl, IMO you should be able to state your opinion and if people feel attacked perhaps they should be giving thought as to their own actions that perhaps caused you to have those opinions.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I havent really dealt with RocketGirl or anything and I agree people should share there opinions. But I think people might have a problem with calling yourself the "Queen of the GOJHL" which can lead people to think you beleive you know about the league then them. Maybe theres a backstory to it but I really dont get it. Still just a fan of your own team and your division. You know quite a bit about the league but calling yourself the "Queen of the GOJHL" seems a bt much. DOnt mean any of that as shots as like i said i dont know if theres a reason why you call yourself that. Either way I love hearing other peoples opinions on stff and theres always room for arguments back and fourth but all opinions deserve to be respected.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I do know a lot about what's happening around the league and a lot of people ask me about the things I've heard with certain situations.

But it honestly started as a joke. I do come off as a know-it-all, I am aware of that, and somebody called me the Queen in a post a few years ago, and I responded with that I was the Unofficial Queen, and I had Unofficial on there for a long time. Then in 2015, the OHA asked me to write the GOJHL article for the Blueline Magazine, so after it was published, I dropped Unofficial because I am the Queen.

I am more than just RG, I think of myself as GOJHL Girl, but that's way too many letters and GG doesn't suit me. I haven't been to as many games this season, haven't been to the Midwest very much and Stratford's my Midwest team, but I still know what's happening. Until I elect to step away, I am and will always be the Queen.
Queen of the GOJHL

Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Well the official obituary for the Strathroy Rockets has been written for this season. I am not sure it was ever much of a series. It was really helped to a complete disaster by those “two clowns in striped shirts .” My suggestion for those two would be to put them in the penalty box at the start of the game and leave them there. Their expertise as referees is sadly lacking. London scored all their goals with Strathroy in the box, think there is a pattern developing here. Anyhow it’s all finished for this year. We as Rockets fans have finally reached the end of our ability to understand, overlook, and be optimistic, the collective brain trust in Strathroy have pretty much destroyed what had been a successful hockey operation. Spare me the collective moaning about what a job it is. The Rockets have been heading south for the last 5 plus years. For us as the people who fill the seats, there has been little incentive to attend weekly, (beginning to wonder, who the bigger fool is). But as has been previously written you do have a choice.