Trouble in Komoka

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Doug

Trouble in Komoka

Post by Doug »

Hearing the twins have quit again. Same ownership ..... different town .... same problems
HockeyFan35

Re: Trouble in Komoka

Post by HockeyFan35 »

Doug wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:25 pm Hearing the twins have quit again. Same ownership ..... different town .... same problems
Again? As in they have quit before? Hope that’s not the case. The team is 5-12-3-1 and could still turn it around, maybe?

The grass isn’t always greener I guess. Hope it turns around.
I’ve always been a fan of junior hockey at all levels. It’s about the kids. Cheers.
jimmorrison

Post by jimmorrison »

The turn around is not a one year process and Komoka is improving. Staff is getting amazing results with a short bench on many nights. If they could land 3 or 4 decent players in the next couple weeks they will be fine and challenge for the junior B- title versus St.Marys and Strathroy. The twins quitting will help this team and for the record the departure is not reflective of the team or ownership, entirely personal
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Not sure who the "twins" are but why leave a problem to manifest! Why wait for the trade deadline? If it is personal, then move them if they do not contribute to the team. Again, why wait for the deadline?
Dr. Pepper

Post by Dr. Pepper »

jimmorrison wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 am The turn around is not a one year process and Komoka is improving. Staff is getting amazing results with a short bench on many nights. If they could land 3 or 4 decent players in the next couple weeks they will be fine and challenge for the junior B- title versus St.Marys and Strathroy. The twins quitting will help this team and for the record the departure is not reflective of the team or ownership, entirely personal
"The turn around" as it were, has been 10 years in the making. They have had good staff in the past but when you have a clown leading the parade he will lead you to a circus.
Chanderdat can move this team to the biggest city in the world but as long as he moves with them they will be a joke.

Didn't people say "moving to Komoka will only help this team in attracting better players"

I would suggest if St Marys or Strathroy or even Buffalo for that matter could land 3 or 4 decent players in the next couple weeks they too could challenge for the junior B title.

Please explain how losing 2 of their top players will help them ?.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

jimmorrison wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 am The turn around is not a one year process and Komoka is improving. Staff is getting amazing results with a short bench on many nights. If they could land 3 or 4 decent players in the next couple weeks they will be fine and challenge for the junior B- title versus St.Marys and Strathroy. The twins quitting will help this team and for the record the departure is not reflective of the team or ownership, entirely personal
I've thought they've improved this season as well. As long as they can keep their players, they should be alright. But just a few years ago they had a few all-star players and sold them. I really hope that's all in the past now.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
FedUpSeenEnough

Post by FedUpSeenEnough »

If the two kids actually did quit, means Komoka is sitting at only 13 fulltime skaters right now. That is a HUGE red flag. GMHL territory
Doug

Post by Doug »

14 skaters and 2 goalies the other night.
richard

Post by richard »

Having the great experience of operating junior teams I applaud anyone including the komoka people for icing a decent jr b team. Not many people can even begin to operate jr b teams as it takes quite a bit of work and determination to provide hockey for 25 players and fans. Good luck komoka and do not give up
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

Doug wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:25 pm Hearing the twins have quit again. Same ownership ..... different town .... same problems
Hasn't your team had its share of players quit? Just sayin
Doug

Post by Doug »

RagingBS wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:32 pm
Hasn't your team had its share of players quit? Just sayin

Someone mentioned to me last night in London that they thought you broadcasted games for the Strathroy team.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

RagingBS has mentioned to me that he thinks you (Doug) and I are the same person, ie I am Doug.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Not unless you are a 58 year old grandfather of 3
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

richard wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:42 pm Having the great experience of operating junior teams I applaud anyone including the komoka people for icing a decent jr b team. Not many people can even begin to operate jr b teams as it takes quite a bit of work and determination to provide hockey for 25 players and fans. Good luck komoka and do not give up
It does take a lot of work to provide hockey for 25 players, not so much for 13 players though. Komoka has been one of the biggest disappointments this season in my opinion. Saw them Wednesday night again, just horrible. Definite step backwards from an actual improvement last season, the players quitting is the true measuring stick because if the program was healthy and engaging the players would stick it out.
It's been said here a million times, the owner needs to step aside and allow hockey people to come in and build a winner.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

What happened to their coach? I saw he got suspended
coachFloyd

Post by coachFloyd »

played 2 15 yr olds in same game
rumour is hefty fine from OHA also
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Despite the fact that they only have 13 skaters, they're still in the majority of their games.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Real pity here. They compete well against everyone then typically run out of gas as the legs give out later in the game. With another line they could be right in the mix with the better teams. Hopefully they can find some more good bodies before the trading deadline. Would like to see them do well.
richard

Post by richard »

This should not happen to a proper organization. They should apply to league and oha for help now. Need an oha appointed supervisor to help this beleaguered franchise!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

It looks like Komoka deserves some credit. Its the last week of the season and they sit in 7th place, with two teams behind them.

It's going to be an interesting week, as three teams battle for the last two playoff spots. Komoka, Strathroy, St.Marys, all have a realistic shot at the playoffs. Any thoughts on who will finish last?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102