Fighting, Facemasks and GRM62

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Sharpe

Fighting, Facemasks and GRM62

Post by Sharpe »

What is everyone seeing in the GO re fighting majors this year...

With facemasks being mandatory, I don't know how anyone can fight without violating the GRM62 rule or worse, unless your just gonna punch a facemask...

I see London's Vinodograv got a GRM62 and a fighting major against St Mary's Friday night, but I'd really hope that this isn't the norm and the refs exercise discretion.
coachFloyd

Re: Fighting, Facemasks and GRM62

Post by coachFloyd »

not that I agree with it but its pretty simple

don't fight

unless you're willing to take the suspension or the broken hand
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The refs are going to call the game as they are instructed to. So if there's a fight and 1 or both players undo their chinstraps and remove the cage/helmet, it's a gross and 1 game suspension. This is 1 way to curb fighting from happening.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

More often it is assessed when the player rips his opponents helmet off, generally by gripping the cage as a handle. More interestingly will be how often a high stick or a high hit will be a non call as has been the case some jr c games last season with the yeck division.
FedUpSeenEnough

Post by FedUpSeenEnough »

Anyone stupid enough to stick their fingers through a cage to try and pull it off, deserves the broken digits he gets. One hand on top of helmet, one on chin of cage, quick duck of head.