Showcase 2017

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Showcase 2017

Post by RocketGirl »

The officially kicks off tonight with the Showcase! Who's ready for it? I know I am! Bags are packed, hotel is booked, and I'm ready to spend 2+ days at the arena watching parts of 26 games.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Re: Showcase 2017

Post by Marcie »

I'll be binge watching on Hockey TV. Can't wait for the new season Yeah!!
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Curious, did you get to watch London vs. St. Kitts? If so, thoughts?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I thought it was a great game. You know that London and St Catharines are among the better teams in the league and they put on a show!

Best game of the night!
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
jimmorrison

Post by jimmorrison »

The scheduler did a very good job matching up the upper tier teams versus each other and the lower tier teams with each other. Will make the games more enjoyable to watch for sure and give clubs a chance to better gauge new talent. Could this be a prelude to what the league may look like in the future??
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The schedule is based on last year's standings. They've done that the last few years with it at the start of the season.
Queen of the GOJHL

Marcie

Post by Marcie »

So much for the HockeyTV membership. It appears that none of the Showcase games are being broadcast.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Marcie wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:05 pm So much for the HockeyTV membership. It appears that none of the Showcase games are being broadcast.
Brantford rarely broadcasts on HockeyTV because of internet issues at the facility
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

ILuvHackey wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:02 am
Marcie wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:05 pm So much for the HockeyTV membership. It appears that none of the Showcase games are being broadcast.
Brantford rarely broadcasts on HockeyTV because of internet issues at the facility
Yep do not think wifi is strong enough to broadcast they would need to hard wire into the computer
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017 ... season-1-1

A good showing from the GHC at the showcase going 8 wins and 8 loses .500 hockey .
This is from the weakest conference in the league.I thought Thorold, Welland, Pelham, Ancaster, Fort Erie and even Buffalo played a lot better than I thought.
I know Buffalo got beat bad one game. And got out shot bad the second game but they only loss buy 2-1. All these teams had very little returning
players.This might be the weakest conference in the league but it has three of the best teams in the whole league. Caledonia , Niagara Falls and St Catharines are in the top 5 with London and Listowel in the league.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:58 pm This might be the weakest conference in the league but it has three of the best teams in the whole league. Caledonia , Niagara Falls and St Catharines are in the top 5 with London and Listowel in the league.
Agree, but Elmira might be better than Niagara Falls. I guess time will tell.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102