Chatham De-Commitments

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Chatham De-Commitments

Post by RocketGirl »

I was reading the C board and noticed that it was reported that Austin Bentley and Nick DeLyzer, who had previously committed to play for Chatham, have since de-committed from Chatham to join the Blenheim Blades.

I also see that Dede Cato has left LaSalle to go to Blenhiem.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Re: Chatham De-Commitments

Post by RocketGirl »

And the Maroons have lost another one. Michael Douglas has left the team again to join the Brooks Bandits.

He left last season to go to Texas and returned a few months later, so we'll see if he sticks this time.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
hockeyfan77

Post by hockeyfan77 »

They've lost at least 7 guys who were eligible to return. Of those seven, I believe one left to attend university and play Junior B in a different city, a few "moved up" to play in the OJHL, 1 went to the States, 1 to the Q, and 2 dropped to Junior C along with a couple others who committed and then decided to sign with Blenheim. All this was noted in different newspaper articles and has all the players named except the two I heard just dropped to Junior C.

I wonder if management will take guys back when they ask to return because they aren't getting the ice time they feel they deserve or will management believe in the group of young, eager local players they've assembled and not rock the boat? Maybe this season it will truly be a "team" of guys who work hard, have fun together and surprise a lot of people by steadily climbing the standings.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I heard rumours last year players were mad because they were promised money and never received anything. If this was true it's not surprising this is happening
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Unlike in Caledonia where the envelopes being delivered to the players is overflowing with cash.
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

This is a very young team for sure. I'm not surprised that the vets are leaving. Ownership continues to show no interest in the team.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

It is only the preseason and sometimes the games mean very little. other times, they mean a great deal. Chatham is 0-3 and outscored 15-5. They are the only team in the entire GOJHL without a point.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Been saying it for a while, until Chatham gets new owners, they will be nothing. Heard a rumor though that Horavat is interested in buying them.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

http://www.cksn.ca/2017/09/dresden-jr-k ... y-players/

The Dresden Jr. Kings are making some big additions.

President Dave Cameron says the team got its hands on two key players, former Chatham Maroons Nolan Vandenboorn and Brendan Johnston.

“Hopefully what’s going to happen that Brendan can lead us to a bunch of wins because as everybody knows, it starts in net,” Cameron says. “He’ll be one of the elite goaltenders in the Jr C league now.”

Johnston had a goals against average of 3.02 for the Maroons in the regular season last year, posting a 3.78 in the playoffs.

Vandenboorn, a Ridgetown-born forward, was signed by the Maroons in 2016, scoring a total of 32 goals and 25 assists with the Jr B team.

The pair are expected to make their debuts at home on Friday against the Amherstburg Admirals.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Huge gain for Dresden and a huge loss for Chatham. Chatham has been missing consistent goaltending in the early part of the season and has been less than effective scoring goals.