Flyers add veteran defenceman

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Flyers add veteran defenceman

Post by flyers2011 »

Flyers Sign Former QMJHLer Bryce O'Brien

By: Garrett Fodor
After losing veteran Defencemen Thomas Virban and Zak Parlette to age following the 2016-2017 season, the Flyers lost both size and veteran leadership on the back end. But Tony Piroski and crew are continuing to improve their roster, getting reinforcements from all angles. This time, they went to Quebec.

Joining the Flyers for the 2017-2018 is Belle River native, Bryce O’Brien. O’Brien is fresh off parts of two seasons in the QMJHL with the Quebec Remparts. Listed at 6’5” and 240 lbs., the hulking right handed shooting Defenceman adds a physical defensive force to the blue-line. Bryce’s size and physicality should mix in well with Leamington’s speed and two-way style of play on the back-end.

Prior to his time in Quebec, O’Brien was playing for the Brantford Jr. B 99er’s where he had 9 points in 33 games. O’Brien also spent 13 games with the Lakeshore Canadiens of the PJHL and is a product of the Windsor Jr. Spitfires. To close out the 2016-2017 season, Bryce played in the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League for the Rayside-Balfour Canadiens. He helped the team finish seventh in the regular season. In his 23 games with the Canadiens, the 19-year-old managed 9 points (4 goals, 5 assists).

The Flyers training camp opened up August 8, with the regular season kicking off in September. Stay tuned to the Flyers social media for more updates and announcements ahead of the 2017-2018 season!
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Re: Flyers add veteran defenceman

Post by Port hockey1 »

I think the Flyers will be pretty good this year. They played amazing hockey, for a rebuilding team last season. With a good core of returning players, and a few additions... They should be a very strong team.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102