New Rockets Coach

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Unhappy fan

New Rockets Coach

Post by Unhappy fan »

Just out of curiosity, any signs of a new coach for the Rockets?
RagingBS

Re: New Rockets Coach

Post by RagingBS »

Last season they waited well into the summer before appointing one of the players dads as the head coach. Have to wonder if history will repeat itself.
coachFloyd

Post by coachFloyd »

Bondy returns...likes coaching better than off ice headaches...pulling double duty out of loyalty...awesome guy, needs better support
jimmorrison

Post by jimmorrison »

Their latest acquisition would lead one to believe that history will repeat itself.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Little puzzled by Morrison response judging by lastest acquisition means what?
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Nothing puzzling about it. The acquisition's dad is a former AAA and Jr coach who/s son is an established player at this level.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Question : Does this person have a name. They have signed four or five young men in the last few months, which one has "coach" dad attached to his name?
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Unhappy fan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:39 am Question : Does this person have a name. They have signed four or five young men in the last few months, which one has "coach" dad attached to his name?
I'm assuming Noah Campbell, who's father coached Lucan Jr. C recently.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

I would think this late in the game that Mr Campbell would get serious consideration for the HC position.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Doesn't matter who Bondy names, you guys will find something to bitch about.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

whoa whoa watch the language there RG
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

What language? I didn't say anything that would cause the profanity filter to kick in.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

Why does Strathroy not have a coach named yet? If Mr Bondy just plans to fill the role himself one would assume he would have stepped up to the plate by now. It should be easier to recruit players with a named coach, thereby making his GM job much easier.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Campbell's seem to have a pretty good track record in junior hockey. The kid with 48 points as a rookie in C, 19 as a rookie in B on a good team. Will probably play more with the rockets' lack of offence. Seems like a no brainer. Good deal for them.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

I am a tad mystified by the comment from"Rocket Girl , regarding a simple question as to a new Rocket's coach. I believe my question was posed in a respectful manner, and the bulk of the responses were the same. To respond in the manner you did was totally unneccesary given the tone of the entire thread. In order to set an example I would suggest you be one!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I've been on here a long time and know these people posting, for the most part. For years, anything and everything that we do is scrutinized. When Riggin was named HC after 1 year as an assistant, they complained that he didn't have enough experience. Before Glover was named last year, it was rumoured that Bondy was going to do both jobs and how terrible that would be. Then Glover was named and that was a terrible idea because he's just a parent coach and looking out for his own kid. Now we're in limbo again, you guys are all going to make assumptions of what Bondy is doing and when somebody is named, you'll weigh in your two cents of how terrible of an idea this is.

You watch how many times this season it is suggested that Dan Gibson and Co come back. If you were as involved as I am, you would understand how terrible of an idea that is.

Queen of the GOJHL

Doug

Post by Doug »

"You watch how many times this season it is suggested that Dan Gibson and Co come back. If you were as involved as I am, you would understand how terrible of an idea that"

What exactly is your involvement with the Rockets besides being a fan?
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

The rockets were in better shape with Gibson involved, from what I hear you just don't like the guy.
End of a era in Leamington
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

I don't think they would be coachless 2 weeks away from main camp if Gibson was still running the ship. Like him or not he was very well organized.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Doug wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:43 pm What exactly is your involvement with the Rockets besides being a fan?
One name, Joe Brooks.
Queen of the GOJHL

Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

I am sure "Doug " already knew that.
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Any word on who might be coaching this year?
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Seems pretty odd that the Rocket's main camp began today, and no " coach" in sight. Not a good start to the season.
Dr. Pepper

Post by Dr. Pepper »

Unhappy fan wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:44 pm Seems pretty odd that the Rocket's main camp began today, and no " coach" in sight. Not a good start to the season.

Was Bondy not there ?
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

He is the GM so of course he was in attendance. I don't think I have ever seen a team drag their feet this much when naming their head coach, and certainly not going into main camp. It is generally a very proud moment for an organization when the team unveils who will lead the on ice product for the upcoming or should I now say current season.
Dr. Pepper

Post by Dr. Pepper »

Undertaker wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:04 am He is the GM so of course he was in attendance.
Bondy has had quite a bit of success as a coach before ! Have you considered that he may act in a dual role. :roll:
Doug

Post by Doug »

Obviously someone has been running their summer skates and this weekends camp. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the kids that they signed recently know who is coaching and that's probably all that matters since they signed there ..... not all you armchair nhl gm's. Sounds like "unhappy fan" and "undertaker (dean)" might be a little late in getting the news. I was at camps in london and stratford this weekend and people there seem to know what is happening in strathroy.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Well Doug pray tell what you've been hearing, the info in Strathroy is at this point in time there is no "coach". They tried to sign one but the deal didn't materialize. You must know something we don't perhaps?
Doug

Post by Doug »

Just telling you what I was told this weekend by people in the game. Seems like you might not be that big of a "fan" after all.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

Doug wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:26 pm Obviously someone has been running their summer skates and this weekends camp. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the kids that they signed recently know who is coaching and that's probably all that matters since they signed there ..... not all you armchair nhl gm's. Sounds like "unhappy fan" and "undertaker (dean)" might be a little late in getting the news. I was at camps in london and stratford this weekend and people there seem to know what is happening in strathroy.
Just curious Doug, aside from your bitterness towards people who dare to question this teams methods, wouldn't you think that keeping your fans somewhat in the loop would build a better relationship with your fan base? It just seems that your administration is showing alot of disrespect to the fans that they expect to be in their corner year in and year out.