New Rockets Coach

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Doug

Re: New Rockets Coach

Post by Doug »

My son played there 8-10 yrs ago and was treated first class all the way through the process. The fans are some of the best around and since I now live in Lambeth and do some hockey scouting stuff, I find it kind of funny that you mention about being disrespectful to the fan base when the organization that you are part of just "relocated" closer to me and abandoned your fanbase
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:50 pm Doesn't matter who Bondy names, you guys will find something to bitch about.
RocketGirl wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:30 pm I've been on here a long time and know these people posting, for the most part. For years, anything and everything that we do is scrutinized. When Riggin was named HC after 1 year as an assistant, they complained that he didn't have enough experience. Before Glover was named last year, it was rumoured that Bondy was going to do both jobs and how terrible that would be. Then Glover was named and that was a terrible idea because he's just a parent coach and looking out for his own kid. Now we're in limbo again, you guys are all going to make assumptions of what Bondy is doing and when somebody is named, you'll weigh in your two cents of how terrible of an idea this is.

You watch how many times this season it is suggested that Dan Gibson and Co come back. If you were as involved as I am, you would understand how terrible of an idea that is.

Ever wonder if comments like this are why your scrutinized? I have no idea about the Rockets, thought it was an innocent enough question, and your responce made me question why you would go after someone. I have no idea your background, but with your responce, you come across as the bad guy here. Just my 2 cents. Generally speaking, if your worried about people going after you, best not to instigate, but do what you want.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Despite posting to the contrary we have been fans of the Strathroy Rockets for many years "Doug". We have spent the last several weeks awaiting word of a coach for 2017-18. As I previously stated they were trying to sign someone and it didn't come to pass.

So despite your supposed information their web site , twitter page and Strathroy today and been void of any Coach appointment. After the mess of this past year you can hardly blame fans for a tepid response to this years season. However, we will wait and see.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

HockeyDad1 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:39 pm Ever wonder if comments like this are why your scrutinized? I have no idea about the Rockets, thought it was an innocent enough question, and your responce made me question why you would go after someone. I have no idea your background, but with your responce, you come across as the bad guy here. Just my 2 cents. Generally speaking, if your worried about people going after you, best not to instigate, but do what you want.

I understand what you're saying, and I get where you're coming from, but if you read the previous posts and the previous topic about this, as well as every other topic about Strathroy in the last 4 years, you will see that I'm not the instigator.

Admittedly, I get very defensive when people are bashing my team and I don't come off very well, but that's because this is my team, the team that I have devoted the last 23 years to, and I am very passionate about our organization and it's very frustrating when the so called experts seem to think they know what's going on and have nothing better to do, so it seems, to tear us down.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:48 pm I understand what you're saying, and I get where you're coming from, but if you read the previous posts and the previous topic about this, as well as every other topic about Strathroy in the last 4 years, you will see that I'm not the instigator.

Admittedly, I get very defensive when people are bashing my team and I don't come off very well, but that's because this is my team, the team that I have devoted the last 23 years to, and I am very passionate about our organization and it's very frustrating when the so called experts seem to think they know what's going on and have nothing better to do, so it seems, to tear us down.
All I can tell you is that, in my belief, if you continue down that defensive road, all you will do is create more 'bashing'. Going after someone for asking a question isn't a way to mend fences, it creates more of a divide and more 'bitching'. You're almost creating your own reasons to bash.

I remember in my kids draft year he was mocked on a not so kind minor hockey website. I could have reacted emotionally and defensively, I just let it slide and the post disappeared after a few days. Im pretty sure if I instigated an argument, I would have made it worse. Sometimes its better just to leave it alone, or at the least be more approachable when debating points. Condescending doesn't do anything other than instigate more and create ill will. Just my 2 cents.
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

The bashing goes both ways, but it seems to be amplified when it comes to this team. No other team thread incites personal attacks and baseless accusations like this one. A simple question was asked. There is no reason to turn it into a bashing session as the poster at the top of page 2 is constantly attempting to do. There are some things that really should have been disclosed to the mainstream media by now. This is one of them.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

The local media may not be covering them as much as they used to.
jimmorrison

Post by jimmorrison »

Feel for you Rocketgirl, I really do, but you can be passionate about your team and not be afraid to criticize them, can't you?
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

To be fair, it really depends on how you are connected to the team in question. Rocketgirl is more than just a fan, she has very close ties that are actively engaged in the teams operation and thereby subject to repercussions that the everyday fan is not subject to. It is a different standard.
jimmorrison

Post by jimmorrison »

Valid point and I can understand for sure. Unfortunate situation to be in I guess, especially when you can care about a team so much but see what is happening. St.Mary's seems to have done some housekeeping and are turning things around. Not easily done and time will tell. Best of luck this season RG, hopefully a storied franchise can find the right fit behind the bench and bring them back to the pack.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

jimmorrison wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:01 pm Feel for you Rocketgirl, I really do, but you can be passionate about your team and not be afraid to criticize them, can't you?
I do criticize them every now and then. I freely tell them when they play like crap, but I gotta be careful what I say because everyone thinks that I work for the team, or the league, or even the OHA, so if I say the wrong thing about the team publicly, people try to get me in trouble with the important ones.

I'm also hoping that we can turn things around and I have all the faith in the world in Bondy to get it done.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
richard

Post by richard »

I just love good jr b hockey. I hope all teams in jr b are competitive with no lame ducks. I wonder sometimes there are just not enough players out there for the teams.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

richard wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm I just love good jr b hockey. I hope all teams in jr b are competitive with no lame ducks. I wonder sometimes there are just not enough players out there for the teams.
There are - you just have to look beyond your front porch.
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

richard wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm I just love good jr b hockey. I hope all teams in jr b are competitive with no lame ducks. I wonder sometimes there are just not enough players out there for the teams.
Ontario is actually thought to have a surplus players that can play at the higher levels by several QMJHL, USHL and many Jr A teams accross Canada. This is a deeper league than you might think.
Red blacks

Post by Red blacks »

Undertaker wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:30 pm
Ontario is actually thought to have a surplus players that can play at the higher levels by several QMJHL, USHL and many Jr A teams accross Canada. This is a deeper league than you might think.
Agreed year after-year the gojhl loses minimum 20 players to the ojhl, which the kids figure is a higher league. In my opinion other than a few teams they are not. It all comes back to the(a)moniker.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

And that is the beauty of this.

This league was recognized, I might add, as a better development league than the OJHL in a recent survey. I do not usually put too much stock in ratings/rankings etc but this speaks volumes to where this league is, and the potential for where it could be! And all this, without an "A" designation or ANY attempt at a proper website!

Regardless of backroom deals between governing bodies and other leagues, there comes a time where you just want to stick it to the man! This league, whether "A" or "B", has the opportunity to do just that! Stop wasting time on semantics! You have a great product and even better fan support and you are willing to sacrifice, it would appear, both in the name of a letter! This league could be the go-to place for kids to play from all over southern Ontario, New York, Michigan and places in between. At the end of the day, it is not the OJHL who should dictate where these kids should play to get "noticed" and it sure as sh*t shouldn't be so-called advisors who push these kids there. At the end of the day, it will be the kids who decide where they want to play. And if you give them what they want, they will not give a rats a$$ about the OJHL when they come calling!

Put your differences aside! Come together and get this thing on track! You owe it to the fans, the players and yourselves!
jimmorrison

Post by jimmorrison »

Bondy has named himself HC & GM, Jason Furlong Associate Head Coach, Mitch McNeill Ass Coach, Matt Laberge Video.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Chris Soares interviews Mike Bondy on Rogers TV - http://www.rogerstv.com/show?lid=12&rid ... gid=281644