Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

GOJHLfan1

Re: 2017-2018 GOJHL schedule...

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

SugarKing wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:05 pm
GOJHLfan1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:48 pm
SugarKing wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:22 pm

What's so embarrassing about a twitter account not having the schedule? The teams have it, why do you need it now? It's August.
While I agree somewhat name another league that doesnt have their schedule released well in advance of the season starting. It just looks really bad on a league that wants to be classified as JR A and is apparently the #10.
I don't see why having a schedule released is such a blemish on the league. Teams know when they play, why does it matter so much to people in this forum to know them. Sounds like people just looking for reasons to complain. We're over a month away from the showcase, and people are upset they don't know every single game for the season.
Scouts, colleges, universities would like to know the schedules to plan for scouting purposes etc. It just makes the league look unstable so called Jr A leagues shouldnt have these issues.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

You cannot tell me that you do not see the problem with the schedule coming out like 2 weeks before the season like it did last year.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

GOJHLfan1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:12 pm

While I agree somewhat name another league that doesnt have their schedule released well in advance of the season starting. It just looks really bad on a league that wants to be classified as JR A and is apparently the #10.
I don't see why having a schedule released is such a blemish on the league. Teams know when they play, why does it matter so much to people in this forum to know them. Sounds like people just looking for reasons to complain. We're over a month away from the showcase, and people are upset they don't know every single game for the season.
Scouts, colleges, universities would like to know the schedules to plan for scouting purposes etc. It just makes the league look unstable so called Jr A leagues shouldnt have these issues.
I see your point now re:scouts etc. And I agree. But, schedule is out now, maybe taken off the website for some tinkering. Sure it will be out again shortly.
Ron

Post by Ron »

..after all is said and done this does not put the League in a very good light. The schedule should have been confirmed and checked for errors before it was posted, some clubs put their schedule out on social media and might now have to change it. Just not what I would expect from the country's number one Junior B League and one that is often compared favourably to Tier two Junior A Leagues.
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

What's so embarrassing about a twitter account not having the schedule? The teams have it, why do you need it now? It's August.
More to the point the GOJHL is one of the only if not the only high profile Jr league with no schedule or record of transactions listed on its website. Both are of interest to the fans of the league who are being taken for granted. Not having the this information available to those who support the league year after year is one of the things that set the GOJHL apart from the Jr A leagues
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

If you are (the league) going to complain about not being recognized as a Jr A loop, you should be doing exactly the same thing as other Jr A loops are doing. Really, you should be doing them better. Any opportunity you have to show that you have the organization and skills to do something just as well as the other Jr A loops, you should do it. In this situation, the GOJHL has the opportunity to prove that they have the organizational skills and abilities to show that they can plan and execute at the same level as the OJHL, if not better. They should have a website that is better, they should have news and content that is better, they should release a schedule well in advance. If you are going to complain about not being Jr A, you better show them that you have the organization to be a Jr A league. The schedule is one of a few items (I believe the league doesn't work over the summer, the OJHL does) that you can control and shows how well organized your league is. When this happens 2-3 years in a row, it shows that your either not that well organized or that there's no interest/drive to be better. The OHL had their schedule out in early June, I can't understand why the GOJHL can't get theirs out until mid August. It speaks poorly to the league's leadership and planning abilities.
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:42 pm

More to the point the GOJHL is one of the only if not the only high profile Jr league with no schedule or record of transactions listed on its website. Both are of interest to the fans of the league who are being taken for granted. Not having the this information available to those who support the league year after year is one of the things that set the GOJHL apart from the Jr A leagues
It looks like they are so caught up about complaining about being Jr A that they are not even doing the basics. Where is their drive to be better and improve?

There's no reason they shouldn't have been working on the schedule last March/April.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

CCHL?
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

ILuvHackey wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:29 am

CCHL?
No transactions that I can see, but the schedule has been out for a few weeks.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

I agree...there are many more important things to be concerned about!
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Now you see me, now you don't - well actually, it is now, you don't see me, now you do! The schedule is once again, and hopefully permanently, live.