Lambton Shore Predators to Komoka?

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Re: Lambton Shore Predators to Komoka?

Post by RocketGirl »

I predict that history will repeat itself.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Kind of hard not to improve on these numbers, but like RocketGirl, I will believe it when I see it.

In 9 seasons as a West conference team they were no higher than 8th in the standings (done 3 times).

They never had a winning season. Coach Mark Davis was the only coach to win 20 or more games (done in 2 consecutive seasons - 22 and 21) and Davis was at the helm the longest - 102 regular season games.

The team played 453 games, won 99, lost 319, tied 1 game, had 19 overtime losses and 13 shootout losses. They scored 1359 goals while surrendering 2415.

In their 9 seasons they went through 10 coaches - three of them (Dan Mudge, Mark Davis and Don Dickson) were head coaches for more than one season.

The Predators won 10 or LESS games in 6 of their 9 seasons. With 99 wins in 9 years, they average 11 wins a year.

They make the playoffs 3 times, played 14 playoff games; they won two games (both in 2012/13 vs Chatham) and lost all 3 series. They had never won a playoff game on the road (0 for 7).
Last edited by Marcie on Fri May 26, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doug

Post by Doug »

And the one constant in all those years ...... the gm / owner. Can't wait to hear what type of money he will get now when he sells off his veteran players in December and January ..... nothing is going to change. The same thing happened in Petrolia ..... then Forest ...... I guess the OHA must of overlooked that in their fact finding process.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Fact finding process? You want constants? That is the one constant with hockey in Ontario. They will also ask or question "rationale" when a request is made from a member but when it comes down to it, they themselves are void of any rationale in the decision-making process unless it involves..you guessed it..$$$$$$$
cchlounger

Post by cchlounger »

Brand new to the forum. However, have been a semi regular follower for about a year.

The Pedator franchise relocation caught my attention for a few reasons. With all the talk about player retention, thought I'd inform readers that there is a very real possibility that the brothers Fisher may bolt for the OJHL. I know the London natives have been to at least one East Division team camp, and may sign shortly after the signing period opens up on the 1st of June.

From what I've been told, it's not a done deal by any stretch. But, at least I thought I'd throw that tiny bit of info out there.

I look forward to posting every now and again. Thanks for having me on.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

According to Global News this move is now official. The team is known as the Komoka Kings and has completed a trade sending Jake Desando (29-9-11-20-14)to the St Thomas Stars for former Chief Spencer Lapointe (39-1-10-11-73)
phillipdh

Post by phillipdh »

Guess the logo unveil wasn't supposed to happen

Checked twitter in the AM when they followed me, checked it again later today.

I make hockey teams look good
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Geeez....put some money into it and design something for cripes sakes!! Guess they would have had to dip into the baseball team budget for that to happen!
phillipdh

Post by phillipdh »

From their Facebook page

I make hockey teams look good
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3548301/lambt ... the-kings/
Chanderdat says he decided to move the team after it became difficult to attract players to Forest.

“In that location it was tough to get hockey players to come there and to find hockey players who wanted to make that drive and come to Forest,” he said.

Pretty sure these are the same reasons he decided to leave Petrolia.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

Kings add Jason Williams to coaching staff

The Komoka Kings are thrilled to announce that former NHLer Jason Williams will be joining the coaching staff for the 2017-18 season.

“I am very pleased to have added Jason (Williams) to our coaching staff,” says Roop Chanderdat, Owner and General Manager of the Komoka Kings. “This is clearly a significant addition to our staff with someone who has played at the highest level in our game and is a Stanley Cup champion.”

“We are excited that Jason is both local and recently retired from playing professionally, so our players and organization will have the benefit of the latest advances both on and off the ice.”

Williams brings a wealth of hockey experience to the club, scoring 94 goals and 157 points in 455 NHL games. He also spent four season with the OHL's Peterborough Petes.

He's looking forward to bringing some of that experience to the Kings.

"I'm extremely excited, and really looking forward to transitioning from a player to a coach. I've had the opportunity to play in the best league in the world and was fortunate enough to win a Stanley Cup," says Williams.

"I think with my experience over the past 16 years I'll be able to help develop and guide some of these kids to hopefully achieving their dreams like I was able to do."

Head Coach Brian Dobbin, also a former NHLer, knows Williams' knowledge of the game will be a major asset.

"Jason will be a great addition to the coaching staff, having just retired, Jason's extensive playing experience will be a valued asset to the team. We look forward to Jason helping us become a better hockey club."

Williams began his NHL career with the Detroit Red Wings, winning a Stanley Cup with the team in 2002. He also played for the Chicago Blackhawks, Atlanta Thrashers, Columbus Blue Jackets, Pittsburgh Penguins and Dallas Stars.

This should help with player recruitment.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

That's a bitter blow for the Rockets, given how Williams is a former Rocket (AP with Mount Brydges) and the Rockets are still in the market for a coach.
Doug

Post by Doug »

What would help with recruiting players is not selling them off every year in December and January. Ask their current coach how that was received this year in the room and his feelings on it. Go back over the years in Petrolia and Lambton ...... getting talented players (Sarfati, Fraser, Trottier, the list goes on ..........) wasn't the problem, getting Roop to not sell them is another thing all together.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

Doug wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:04 pm What would help with recruiting players is not selling them off every year in December and January. Ask their current coach how that was received this year in the room and his feelings on it. Go back over the years in Petrolia and Lambton ...... getting talented players (Sarfati, Fraser, Trottier, the list goes on ..........) wasn't the problem, getting Roop to not sell them is another thing all together.
I am not so sure about that. Each of those players went somewhere that gave them a chance to win near the end of their careers. If I were a player I would appreciate the same courtesy.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Yeah right .... ask Sarfati how many brown bills he was given to approve the trade for the opportunity to go "win" since he was so pissed about the trade. The only big winner was the London Majors.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

Why the grudge against the Kings owner? He may have had a legit reason to sell assets. It isn't really a secret that the fan support was not there in Forest.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Well I guess it remains to be seen what will happen this year come trade deadline time. I am guessing an AC with NHL experience AND a ring....could fetch some solid coin!! hehe
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

went and checked out the new arena in Komoka yesterday, what a great facility.
End of a era in Leamington