Sutherland Cup Semi Finals; Listowel vs London

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Re: Sutherland Cup Semi Finals; Listowel vs London

Post by Port hockey1 »

London with the 2-0 shutout tonight. I didn't think Listowel would have much trouble with them. Looks like London plays really well with them. I'll bet the Nat's are keeping a close eye on Elmira right now. I'm sure they'd prefer the Kings over the Vairs.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/20 ... s-a-benign

Great article from Cory Smith from the Stratford Beacon Herald about Listowel head coach Jason Brooks battling a benign brain tumour this post-season.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
TheRealJeffS

Post by TheRealJeffS »

London wins the series in only 5 games.

Can Elmira win one more game against Caledonia, or will it be a rematch of last year's Sutherland Cup final?
"You do that, you go to the box, you know. Two minutes, by yourself, you know and you feel shame, you know. And then you get free."

Denis Lemieux
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

TheRealJeffS wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 pm
Can Elmira win one more game against Caledonia, or will it be a rematch of last year's Sutherland Cup final?
I have a feeling Caledonia will complete their comeback. They won 2-0 tonight, but they took some iffy penalties. They'll need to stay out of the box if they're going to make a return to the finals. But if Elmira wins, they'll be no pushovers.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Hockeyhead1

Post by Hockeyhead1 »

You are right...Cali will be in tough if a pair of refs show up for game 6 that have the onions to actually make the calls. You can not say that Caledonia got the short end of the stick re reffing tonight. Those early boarding calls against Elmira were aweful, the second leading to the first goal.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Uhhhhh were they not boarding? The second one with he hit on Lindy was a iffy call but the first one in the game leading to Craevich's goal was boarding. They could've called a lot more than what they did either way. What about Reinhart kicking off the nets every time Cali has a chance to score and if its not him then its a defence man who cross checks somebody into the post so the net comes off. A person near me was counting and stopped at 6. Its a compete joke if your gonna keep kicking the post off.