Final Round in the West

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Hockey1

Re: Final Round in the West

Post by Hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:43 pm Very boring game, I agree with RG. And nothing against the western Fair arena its a nice complex but it has to be the most boring place to watch a game, no atmosphere or anything. Very strange. Hopefully a much better game tonight, must win in my eyes for the Flyers.
Again, I guess you have to be on the winning team to appreciate it.
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

Cal 99ers wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:53 pm In London tonite it reminded me of some Caledonia series over the last few years.When that happened people were livid over the talent differences.Don't see anyone here spewing about raiding bottom teams of their talent, leaving the division a lot weeker.
The difference is London and Leamington don't go over the salary cap the way Caledonia does.
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:59 pm The game wasn't captivating enough to keep my attention for all 60 minutes, so I found other things that were more exciting.
I agree, those Strathroy Rocket games were just a thrill ride of excitement huh...I hope you paid for your ticket, I'd hate to see you get a freebie and than trash the conference finals like that.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Nope, I don't pay to get in.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Gee,wonder why Homes didn't go back to the vairs this year.Speaking to Western people for a few years now, they seem to think London's been playing that game a lot longer than the Vairs have.
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:52 pm Nope, I don't pay to get in.
Well than don't complain...you got your money's worth...
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

Cal 99ers wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:57 pm Gee,wonder why Homes didn't go back to the vairs this year.Speaking to Western people for a few years now, they seem to think London's been playing that game a lot longer than the Vairs have.
What does that mean?^^^
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

Cal 99ers wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:57 pm Gee,wonder why Homes didn't go back to the vairs this year.Speaking to Western people for a few years now, they seem to think London's been playing that game a lot longer than the Vairs have.
Oh I get it now, it's Gomes not Homes as in Nathan Gomes...as far as I know he is living in London and attending Western...it's not like London has been able to recruit players with 100-200 games of OHL experience...how is Caledonia able to do that?
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Hockey1 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:44 pm
Oh I get it now, it's Gomes not Homes as in Nathan Gomes...as far as I know he is living in London and attending Western...it's not like London has been able to recruit players with 100-200 games of OHL experience...how is Caledonia able to do that?
gomes asked to come back at the start of the year. Management said they already had the cards signed
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Hockey1 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:42 pm
RocketGirl wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:59 pm The game wasn't captivating enough to keep my attention for all 60 minutes, so I found other things that were more exciting.
I agree, those Strathroy Rocket games were just a thrill ride of excitement huh...I hope you paid for your ticket, I'd hate to see you get a freebie and than trash the conference finals like that.
It's really a shame... the Queen doesn't scout, coach, or have anything to offer the on ice product of the hockey team she is somehow associated with, but will trash a game that she would never be able to see in Strathroy. If you don't like it RG, then don't go to the games.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Pretty sure this thread isn't about me, so how about you guys congratulate London on their 4th Conference Championship in 6 years.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

It's okay Queenie,he wasn't there to see a team that didn't look like they were trying.Being who you are, it maybe better not say that in the future. Leave the idiocy to me.
Hockey1

Post by Hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:49 am Pretty sure this thread isn't about me, so how about you guys congratulate London on their 4th Conference Championship in 6 years.
Are you kidding? You make a couple of ignorant posts about how boring the game was, saying you were looking around in the crowd instead of watching, give your head a shake!

You could have sent some congratulations out instead of insulting the London Nationals and Leamington Flyers yourself.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Big deal, I thought Game 3 was boring, I wasn't the only one in the arena that thought that, I'm just the first one to voice that on here. The whole point of this forum is to give insight on what we think of the games we attend, and shocker! Not all of them are edge of your seat excitement.

And since you brought up my Rockets, yes not all our games were exciting this year. I told the boys on multiple occasions that I was running out of different ways to say the other team had scored, so maybe they could mix in a win.

Queen of the GOJHL

Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Hockey1 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:00 pm
RocketGirl wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:49 am Pretty sure this thread isn't about me, so how about you guys congratulate London on their 4th Conference Championship in 6 years.
Are you kidding? You make a couple of ignorant posts about how boring the game was, saying you were looking around in the crowd instead of watching, give your head a shake!

You could have sent some congratulations out instead of insulting the London Nationals and Leamington Flyers yourself.
Congratulations to London and Leamington on playing an incredibly boring hockey game. Is that better?
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

looks good to me welland.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Question about the first round not counting.Does that included the Scoring and Goalie stats?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

What do you mean?

First round stats were not included in calculating the wild card and Sutherland Cup seeding, meaning records and goal differential. Goalie and scoring stats aren't involved.
Queen of the GOJHL