Chatham vs London

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

SugarKing

Re: Chatham vs London

Post by SugarKing »

Another late game penalty from Bushnell... this time it has cost him a suspension. Maybe he didn't spear 20 from London, but now I'm starting to think something must have happened. What's he doing on the ice to finish a game anyways?
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Definatky not looking good if any team is capable to co.e back chatham definatly could but its going to take a lot better play than what they displayed tonight
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Chatham's already down 2-0 in the first. I think they just ran into a deeper team.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Haven't seen this in a longtime;
London - Ian McKinnon - (Fighting (Ring or Tape)) (Match) (MP38), 5 MIN, 1:21
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Port I dont think it was a deeper team this team just forgot how to play as a team they pretty much handed londo. This series unfortionatly
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Port I dont think it was a deeper team this team just forgot how to play as a team they pretty much handed londo. This series unfortionatly
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

brad 36 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:11 pm Port I dont think it was a deeper team this team just forgot how to play as a team they pretty much handed londo. This series unfortionatly
I'll take your word for it, Brad. You get to see them play all season. I'm not that lucky. :)
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

A 9 minute power play and it was like they weren't even trying to score.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Is anyone else wondering how the ownership for Chatham is feeling this morning? I mean, you fire a coach that has your team in a great position and end up bowing out in the 2nd round with arguably the strongest team in the west. Just doesn't make sense. I was only able to make the home games in London but it looked like the Maroons were done before it even started. Any Chatham fans with insight?
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Their previous coach had to go. The team was full of star players and on paper they were the best team in the west. Against the weaker teams they could just roll their lines and everyone was happy. Against a team like London, they needed to do what every team does and that's match lines and play the players that are producing. Unfortunately, many of the high priced add-ins did not like that they were sitting more than they were use to and it started in-fighting.

Bottom line is you can't buy team chemistry and a wiliness to support each other. That has to be developed over the 50 game season. Yes the payers were the ones on the ice, but the ownership created the situation by under recruiting and trying to buy a championship.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

as I said earlier in the year, Chatham will never win with the current ownership. He has been doing the same thing every year, and every year its the same result. Best thing that could happen to the Maroons is if someone buys the team.
End of a era in Leamington
Hockey53

Post by Hockey53 »

Completely agree Flyers. New owners is exactly what this team needs.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Until further notice, they will be known as "The Chatham Choke" :smt078